• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. brassicGamer

Sound Card / Serial Port Conflict

Hello folks. I've done as much troubleshooting on this problem as I possibly could before coming here, so hopefully we can find a solution to this particularly odd issue. The system in question used to work perfectly and now there is a specific problem: the mouse does not track when an ISA...
  2. brassicGamer

Wanted: Toshiba Deskstation V PA2710U

These badboys seem impossible to find these days. I've even been able to track down an external FDD for my Tecra 740CDT but the docking station eludes me. So if anyone has, or knows of, a Toshiba Deskstation V (or Plus) then I would be very interested in acquiring one. Thanks! Amazingly there...
  3. brassicGamer

Tech Predictions That Came True

I was reading through BYTE's 15 year anniversary edition from September 1990, where a bunch of industry veterans spout their ideas and predictions for the future of computing. I read a particularly interesting paragraph in Jerry Pournelle's column (page 65) that goes like this: How's that for...
  4. brassicGamer

Any Members in Brisbane?

This is a particularly bizarre request. I have been researching a particular system, namely an Acer AcerMate 386/20N, and have written what I've found on my blog. So far, I can no form of documentation in digital form. However... There is apparently (according to WorldCat, at least) a print...
  5. brassicGamer

Apple ][+ Up And Running

Hi all. I'm very excited. I discovered a dusty Apple ][+ in a server room at my workplace. I checked the PSU and it was in, frankly, amazing condition for a PC of this age. I guess quality components were used. Initially, when I powered it on, all I got was a garbled screen so I reseated the ROM...
  6. brassicGamer

8-bit MFM Controller

I have unexpectedly acquired an MFM hard drive a week after buying an XT clone with no fixed disk. But I have no controller, not a compatible one, at least. I have the fixed disk controller from a 5170 (2nd version) but I don't think I can use that because a) it's 16-bit (although I understand...
  7. brassicGamer

(Possible?) British Telecom PC Clone

Just wanted to share this system with you folks on the off-chance that anyone has some kind of insight into it. Won it on eBay yesterday after apparently being willing to max out a bit higher than the other bidder. I've never seen one before and it appears to be completely undocumented, at least...
  8. brassicGamer

PC Hardware Development 1987-1998

Hi folks, relatively new to this forum but I'm a big enthusiast. Have posted about this project elsewhere and wanted to widen the net to see if I could get any help with enhancements / ideas / assistance / source material. It started when I found a Socket 7 board in my collection with a USB...
Back