• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

Lobo Max 80 Emulator

I have added an initial attempt at a lobo max 80 emulator to EmulatorKit (https://github.com/EtchedPixels/EmulatorKit) It's fairly basic and I still need to knock some bugs out of the WD17xx (and clone) emulation code. It is however good enough to run CP/M 2 and CP/M 3 off floppies. Next steps...
  2. E

XLR8R Internals

Does anyone know how the XLR8R dealt with clock signals. I've been designing a similar concept Z180 board for an unrelated system and on that the whole thing looks like it'll be 3 chips (512K SRAM, Z180, 74AHC139). In that case however I'm generating the system clock so it's all synchronous. The...
  3. E

Alpha and HP PA-RISC Gear (Swansea, Wales, UK)

I've got a pair of Alpha DS20 boxes (Compaq branded), and an actual round hole rack plus a pair of HP PA-RISC rp series systems and various miscellanous SCSI bays for CD etc (but not scsi cables) and the rails/sliding shelf (even a nice HP top and some plastic HP filler pieces). I powered one...
  4. E

Cromemco System III's in France

Was pointed to this by a French friend https://www.leboncoin.fr/informatique/1557519042.htm/ No further info but I figure its probably not a site most of us scan...
  5. E

FreHD or M3SE ?

I'm looking for something I can move easily between a gate array model 4 and a 4P in part to finish off getting the OS I am writing running nicely on real hardware not just the emulator. The FreHD seems better documented at the low level and it's clear how to move disk images around and poke...
  6. E

TRS80 Model 4 Keyboard Repair (Membrane Keyboard)

I found a 2015 thread on this but it's not clear how having dismembered the keyboard anyone got it back together. It looks like something flexed the keyboard a lot, broke a load of the little pins and let a few springs out. I can get it apart easily enough by taking the tops off the remaining...
  7. E

Telling Power Supplies Apart

I've acquired a TRS80 Model 4 (26-1069A) and I'm trying to solve one mystery before I dare power it on. The system has US power data written on the label but has a UK plug. I suspect that at some point it has been retrofitted with a UK power supply, and to judge from the cable material and type...
Back