• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Epson HX-20 Repairs

Recently I got 2 HX-20s off eBay. My curiosity was triggered by the "Mitutoyo DP-20" labeling on one of them. Neither of them work, this thread is to document their repairs. It can take a while because time is scarce but it may help others track down faults. It will probably help me document...
  2. D

Epson PX-8 repair: help needed!

A week ago I picked up an Epson PX-8 through a local auction site. I had discovered the HX-20 before and I'm eager to learn more about these early Epson portables. The issue with this one is: it does not work. The basic voltages are there and I also found the clock signals which all seem to...
  3. D

Exidy Sorcerer Monitor 1.3C

The Dutch company Gebr. van Montfort developed an improved monitor for the Exidy Sorcerer. Version 1.3 was sold in 1985. I scanned the (English) manual for it, made pictures of the envelope and the invoice and I dumped the tho roms. For (temporary) download from my dropbox here. In the...
  4. D

California Computer Systems model 2422 FDC for Exidy Sorcerer

With a recent purchase of an Exidy Sorcerer with an S-100 Expansion Unit came an S-100 FDC: the CCS 2422. Regrettably it does not work in the current configuration, I believe it may need (Sorcerer specific?) firmware in a 2716 eprom that is missing. Also there are two 27S287 logic chips missing...
  5. D

Exidy Sorcerer 2 Technical Manual

The Exidy Sorcerer Technical manual can be found here. However, this is the manual for version 1 of the Exidy Sorcerer. I found and scanned the technical manual for the Sorcerer 2, and also the circuit diagrams for the Sorcerer 2. They are quite large and can be temporarily be downloaded from...
  6. D

Initializing an Exidy Sorcerer CP/M disk

Some time ago I was lucky to find an Exidy Sorcerer with an S-100 expansion unit, FDC, drives and some software. It had / has some issues which I am working on, which I am documenting on Stardot. There are a few members there that have some Sorcerer knowledge on Stardot but essentially it is an...
  7. D

First post and TRS-80 question

Hi! I'm Paul from the Netherlands and my retro-madness started when I bought an attic full of eighties Acorn hardware & software. That's also when I first discovered retro forums - hence the user name. In my forties now, I grew up with the British computers (Sinclair and Acorn) in the...
Back