• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. BloodyCactus

"by LSD" in bios?

So I'm disassembling my 1000sx bios so I can make some tweaks and just poke around with it. I noticed a "by LSD" and I noticed its also in the 1000 bios.. anyone know whom or what company LSD was? A Tandy developer? Phoenix?, IBM? Just thought it was funny to run across.
  2. BloodyCactus

Coin Miner malware back

Looks like the coinminer malware is back, from allfontshere.press Like we had in the past.
  3. BloodyCactus

1902A cap list

Does anyone have a cap list for the 1902a? I need to re-cap mine, it takes longer and longer to warmup and get rid of horizontal banding and high contrast. I also need to replace the latching power switch which no longer latches.. :( I did some googling and could not find one, so I might have...
  4. BloodyCactus

Thesys Fastcard IV / PMI / Perhiperal Markeing Inc.

I managed to pull the files off the disk. This is "Fast Card IV Utilities 2.0" version. This was right before PMI did the renaming on them. I will try and scan the manual over the weekend as well as dump the ROM (v1.06 - 03/25/86) https://kråketær.com/fc4_20.zip This has the setup...
  5. BloodyCactus

Memory in 1000sx.. + rambles.. and things...

Was messing around with restoring the SX today, I upped the ram to 640kb. I sort of knew, but didn't connect, that it steals 16kb of ram for video. Its funny to see text mode ram mapped at 0x9C00 and 0xB800! I did notice that some of my apps fail, and I found that I am looking at 0x40:84 for...
  6. BloodyCactus

Recapping SX PSU

Ive got my SX completly torn down (dust bunnies so thick they turned solid like wood), this poor thing had been ran haaaard. dust bunnies compressed under the motherboard, in the drive, in the psu. I've never seen anything so bad. Was wondering if its worth recapping the PSU while I had...
  7. BloodyCactus

tandy 1000 sx video connection options

Picking up a 1000 SX coming in a week or two from a guy at work.. Was wondering about video connection options. I dont want to throw VGA card in by default, half the point is keeping the Tandy video modes. I have a LCD that I use for Amiga stuff that can sync 15khz. My best option is my...
  8. BloodyCactus

Looking for source/disk image from a book

Got this book off ebay, it has a 5.25 in the back (I dont have a 5.25 drive!) "On Command: Writing a Unix-Like shell for MS-DOS" by Allen Holub from 1986 Looking for a disk image or the contents, if anyone has it..
  9. BloodyCactus

hey {waves}

oops forgot to do an intro, figured better do one eh? so hey! my interests? pinball (physical, not virtual), arcade/dos/c64/amiga, boardgames (heavy ameritrash, euro's, abstract wargames like COIN series etc)... I used to crack c64 stuff, pc stuff etc, trainers, demos. slowly Im digging out...
  10. BloodyCactus

Midiman MM401 ROM versions

Posted this on vogons but thought posting here might let some interested folks know too. So there are two revisions of Midiman MM401 ISA card, that use non compatible ROM versions. The first version of the card has horizontal chip layout, and no empty socket. It appears to use a sliding...
  11. BloodyCactus

Texas Micro N286 help

So, recently picked up a Texas Microsystems N286 SBC. Neat looking little SBC with a harris 286-16mhz and a 20mhz crystal. Anyway, spent a long time trying to bring it up. Eventually I dumped the BIOS. Well its not a normal PC bios, it has a custom BIOS from what looks like a colour printer...
Back