• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Cromemco Software Update Service Notes for Z80 Cromix

More documents from my cleanout. Cromemco Software Update Service Note for Z80 Cromix covering release 9 to 11.05 I also have notes on the CDOS simulator These will be scanned and head to The Internet Archive.
  2. M

Cromemco Modification Level Summary

A have a quantity of Modification Level Summary / ECO documents covering much of the Cromemco hardware, with dates from 1980 through to 1983. These detail the board revision, and what the changes made were. Search engines are not what they once were, and I didn't find any of these online. Are...
  3. M

Systems Group Series 2800

Digging through my pile of "still to be opened" boxes has unearthed a Systems Group Series 2800. Info on these looks to be scarce, so getting it to running condition could be fun. The bonus was it was packed up (about 25 years ago) with all the 8" drives I was looking for. I have no idea what...
  4. M

Mystery Acorn Econet card

I have this card in my collection which might be an early prototype Filestore card, but is nothing like what was released. It might have come from my vist to Barson Computers in Australia, who were involved in early econet development. It has both econet port and two tube interfaces, confirmed...
  5. M

Life of a Vintage Computer in Oceania

Recent high freight charges and lack of stock have really impacted us who live in more remote parts of the planet. Repairs now take many months longer than before. I have given up using RS Components, which was my main source of parts,due to there massive shipping fee - minimum of NZ$35. I now...
  6. M

new old stock ISA Floppy card

Discussing your hobby sometimes pays dividends. When buying some components at the local electronic parts store, and mentioning I was rebuilding a vintage computer, I was offered a "new in box" Longshine LCS-6610F ISA Floppy disk adapter (Rev W1) for NZ$11.50 It uses the SMC FDC37C65 chipset...
  7. M

Televideo TS 803 comes alive

Finally, after months of frustration, I have a booting Televideo TS 803. The system eprom, FD1793 FD controller and SY6545 CRT controller were all faulty. I had a "loan" 1793 from an S100 card, but nothing else using a 6545 to borrow, so a long wait from ebay. The 6545 was outputing...
  8. M

Tape drive capstan replacement

I came across a post on another forum where a new tape drive caspstan was created by 3D printing using Innoflex, a TPC flexable filament. The Innoflex, now called Ultrafuse TPC comes in different flexabilities, but the post didn't specify which one was used. Has anyone tried this to make rubber...
  9. M

Teac DS-101Disk and Streamer

I have a Teac DS-101 Disk and Streamer. My searching found no mention of these. It is an external, SCSI interfaced, combo of a Toshiba HMK324FBS 101Mb SCSI Hard Disk and Teac MT-2ST SCSI tape drive with a Teac controller in the middle. It can backup the hard disk to tape and back locally. The...
  10. M

BBC B Pricing from 1984

So how much did they cost here in New Zealand in 1984? I have a price list with the Retail Prices as follows (in NZ$) ANB01 BBC Model B $1695 ANB02 with Econet $1985 ANB03 with disk interface $1985 ANB04 with net and disk $2260 ALA01 Electron...
  11. M

Magic Wand Word Processing System

I have been having a rummage through my boxes and came across a Magic Wand Word Processing System by Small Business Applications on 8" sssd media. It is V1.1 labeled as BEEHIVE/DRAFT It is an origional dealer package which includes disks labeled as Dealer Source File. A quick search didn't...
  12. M

Flakey eprom?

Just how flakey do eproms get ? I have a Televideo TS 803 giving issues. A datalog capture (on the CPU pins) shows that particular instructions being read are occasionally corrupted in bit 0 & 1 if my interpretation is correct. For some reason it seems just two instructions are frequently...
  13. M

Systems Group CPC-2810 Series Technical Manual

Has anyone come across this document online? I have an origional binder hard copy, and wasn't looking to keep it if a pdf already exists. I didn't find much with a search, but then today's search engines are advert delivery systems and not information finders :)
  14. M

What is worth saving

My "junk" collection has created the "painted into a corner" issue making it hard to access and sort through. So the question is, what is worth saving and what to toss. I have been adding electronics stuff to my "junk box" for at least 35 years but now need to have a cleanout. Are things like...
  15. M

Research Inc Teleray 1000 Series Reference Manual (Model 1061)

I have a hard copy of this which I will scan shortly and post a link to. It includes schematic for PSU, Keyboard and Logic module and parts list as well as the service manual for the Zenith DT1 monitor module used in it. Mark.
  16. M

BBC B Parts

I have a range of BBC B new parts, including keyboards and psu's I have hordeed since they were "current". Probaby a bit expensive for bigger items to ship too far from N.Z. There are a few B's and addon's in my collection as well as a load of software. Mark.
  17. M

Rainbow 100A post error MAIN BOARD - Z80 CRC - ERROR 18

My Rainbow 100A is showing a MAIN BOARD - Z80 CRC - ERROR 18 It has been in storage for around 20 years, and had a PSU rebuild and general check over before it was powered up again. I have checked the roms and they are readable, but could have bit rot. Unfortunately the rom images for a 100A...
  18. M

Alloy Engineering DS-100 info needed

Hi, I have an Alloy Engineering DS-100 Tape Interface card that is missing a few socketed chips. Does anyone have one and can supply the chip specs for position 14, 20 and 21. Thanks.
Back