• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Commodore SX64 question

Hi all I have a UK commodore sx64 which is working apart from the floppy drive but is missing it's case so I have a complete usa version one on its way. Now to test the USA one could I use the UK power supply in it by swapping them over and are most of the other parts interchangeable. Many thanks
  2. T

Apple IIe power supply voltages

Hi all I found a interesting video on YouTube by adrians digital basement where he was trying a power supply in a Apple IIe and took readings from capacitors on the board to check the voltages. I have done the same today and On C9 he got 5.09v I got 5.07v on C12 he got 12.069v I got 12.70v on...
  3. T

Hi I am using a bog standard digital multimeter and no load just taking the readings straight from the power plug connector that goes into the motherboard.
  4. T

I have today swapped the capacitors on the power supply to see if that would make a difference. But no change anyone any idea what to try next.
  5. T

Hi all I have just got hold of a Apple iie computer that is working but on checking the power supply voltage at the connector to the board on the +12v I am getting 13.7v on switch on which then settles down to 13v is this too high.the other voltages are not too far out +5v is 5.45v -5v is 5.15v...
  6. T

Commodore pet 4032 cassette port dead

I have noticed that if I use cassete port 1 I have to fiddle about with the cassete connector to get power but if I use port two it is fine for power but I lose the sound from the pets speaker.
  7. T

Hi all Switched it on now to have a look it it and mysteriously the cassette is now powering up and doing what it should do apart from the fact I have not got anything to load yet. I have been trying to copy wav files via my pc through to an old school cassette recorder. It says searching but...
  8. T

Hi Yes I have tried both cassette ports both dead.
  9. T

I tried my meter on pin 2 of cassette port 2 looking for 5v nothing I then tried for a reading on C60 looking for 9v and still nothing with the idea of swapping B12 and B15 around neither are socketed so would have to get a replacement so less chance of causing any problems messing around with...
  10. T

Commodore pet 4032 external cassette drive no power

Hi all I have just fixed a commodore pet 4032 with no picture with the help of a previous post on here but would now like to run some software. I have got hold of a c64 cassette drive which I have tested on my commodore 128 computer but on the pet it is completely dead. I type in load and it...
  11. T

Hi all I recently brought a commodore pet 4032 computer with no picture which I managed to repair following a post on here about a 8032 computer. Now I have it booting I brought a c64 tape player so that I could try and load some software but I am getting nothing. I type load enter the computer...
  12. T

Sord DR-5 Computer Tape Deck help needed

Hi all I have a Sord M5 computer and with it came a Sord DR-5 Computer Tape Deck which is working but my question is when I plug the lead in the ear socket the sound is still coming out of the built in tape speaker is this right because it can get very noisy trying to load a game and does not...
  13. T

BBC model B computer help please

Hi all I have just picked up a BBC computer and tried turning it on and just get a continuous buzz with two lights lit and no picture. So I have tried looking online but can't find any details on the version I have inside on the motherboard it says 0233,000 ISS 1 copyright 1984 and on the bottom...
  14. T

Mattel Aquarius memory help

Hi all I have a Mattel Aquarius computer and just got hold of a 16k memory cart but I not sure if it is working I tried loading a game and got a om error message is there anything I can type in to see if the memory is working. Many thanks in advance
Back