• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

TPC Keyboard II - PS2 adapter?

Hello all, I have been fortunate to come into possession of two TPC Keyboard II keyboards. From what little research I've done, they appear to be a specialized, metal-cased, heavily shielded Model F keyboard. They have an oddball 9-pin connector. I would love to use them on other computers...
  2. A

Tandy 1000SX not POSTing, thoughts?

Hi all, I have just purchased a Tandy 1000SX that was untested, and upon taking it home, I have found that it will not POST. No beeps at all, though the floppy drive light came on (and stayed on), the caps-lock lights are on (and unable to be turned off) on the keyboard, and the screen is...
  3. A

386 on a 286 board? AKA, thought I bought a 286, got a 386 instead!

So, I'm new to the world of IBM Compatibles, so please pardon me for any inaccuracies I may make. So, I recently bought an AT-clone, with Packard Bell monitor for a steal of a deal. (Well, I haven't tested it, but the parts alone were worth it) Anyway, I was digging into it, trying to see what...
  4. A

What computer did this monitor go to?

Hi all. I thought I had been cured of this disease, but apparently not. Snagged a pretty good deal on an AT Clone, this is my first time with IBM PCs, I was a Tandy guy before so forgive me if I make a mistake. Anyway, it came with a pretty sweet Packard Bell Color monitor. However, I can't...
  5. A

Model 4 3.5" FDD Conversion.

So, forgive me if this has been asked before, but I've looked and I've seen it done, but I have never seen HOW they did it. I have a TRS-80 Model 4, and I'm tired of having a tower dedicated to making 5.25 disks. Which is more like 2 computers since the floppy computer is too old for the...
  6. A

TRS-80 Model 4 won't power up. :(

Hi all! Been a while, I know. So... I think I may have made a topic about this before, but I thought I had fixed it. As apparently I hadn't. Any way, my Model 4 won't power on. When I flip the switch, the power supply just gives a faint ticking sound as well as the drive lights flickering...
  7. A

WTB: Looking for a nice condition IBM Model M

Hi, guys. I recently had an opportunity to play with a Model M, and well... I'm hooked. So I'm looking for one, in nice condition, I can handle a little dirt, but preferably no physical damage. Also, I'm on a budget (thanks Christmas...), I'd like to spend around $75 total including...
  8. A

Atari 800XL Computer System

Selling my Atari 800XL system. Here's the link to the CL ad. https://nashville.craigslist.org/sys/d/vintage-atari-xl-computer/6206260561.html I'm tight on cash now, and I really need to sell this thing fast... Thanks, Peter
  9. A

TRS-80 Model III for sale on Ebay...

Not mine, but found this on Ebay... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Radioshack-TRS-80-Model-III-Microcomputer-For-Parts-Repair-Only-/272704896697?hash=item3f7e7a7eb9:g:CykAAOSwi7RZNr4H I love the description; "This computer powers on but the internal battery is shot & you have to reset the...
  10. A

Thinning the Herd...

Welp. I'd rather not ship either of these, so these are local pickup only. Sorry. Here's what I've got: Early 1984 Atari 800XL with 1050 Disk Drive and 1027 Printer. Atari 800XL works great. Comes with a RD switching I modded to out put a coach signal and can no longer output signal on the...
  11. A

Resolution to the most frustrating TRS-80 CRT Swap...

Well, following the advice I got from some of the members here, I put a resistor inline with pin 2 of the CRT in my Model III. No dice. So, the other option was pin 3, which goes to pin E802 on the video board. Couldn't find a 12 ohm resistor, so I tried a 10ohm. Made no difference. So, I...
  12. A

Model 4 Power Supply issues...

Well, I guess I never learn. Just got back from a trip and on the way I brought some "rescues" with me. Okay, the Model 4 I got off Craigslist but who's taking notes? (In case you're curious, the other 'Rescues are an IBM Aptiva E275 w/monitor and an Imac G3. Got those from a nice lady.) Any...
  13. A

Anything with Votrax SC-01/SC-01-A WANTED

Looking for anything with a Votrax SC-01/SC-01-A. That inclueds just the chip (Preferable...) or other things that had them. (I.e Colorware Real Speech Cart for the CoCo) Thanks!
  14. A

Tandem Computers--Terminal? What is this?

Hey guys, found this in the local CL. Can't tell what it is, just a monitor, keyboard and drive? Or would the computer be in the monitor? http://nashville.craigslist.org/bar/5966408634.html I'd appreciate any info... Also, looks like the monitor is monochrome?
  15. A

The elusive Votrax SC-01A...

I have a Hero Jr robot made by Heathkit, and I love his voice. I am going to build another robot, but I really want the same voice as Hero's. It would seem that the SC-01A is a rare beast, as I cannot find one for sale. Does anyone know where I can find an SC-01A? Thanks!
  16. A

TRS-80 Model III For Sale

I am selling my TRS-80 Model III. It has been upgraded to a green monochrome screen, however, there is a catch. The "Black" part of the screen is always too "green". No matter what you do with the Brightness/Contrast knobs, it's always a little too green. I started a troubleshooting thread...
  17. A

Selling off most of my "collection"...

Here are the links... Timex-Sinclair 1000 Computer: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222263201049?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 Commodore 1541 FDD: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222263214009?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 G̶a̶t̶e̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶P̶5̶-̶1̶3̶3̶...
  18. A

WTB C64 "9" Key

I'm looking for an original Commodore 64, i.e. not 64C, "9" key. I need the key, plunger and spring. PMs only please. Thanks, Peter
  19. A

Model III CRT Issues

Okay. So I have been having a few issues with the CRT on my Model III, maybe you fellas could help? First off, when the screen is on, every once in a while, the screen twitches and zooms in and out a little. It's been doing this ever since I got it. Secondly, I just replaced the old B/W tube...
  20. A

64C Serial keyboard?

Okay, hopefully you guys won't throw rocks at me for saying this... Is there an adapter or wiring diagram for the 64C keyboard that takes it from the proprietary plugs to a serial/PS2/USB plug? Or am I insane?
Back