• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. O

IBM PS/2 Model 90 XP 486, no post, no beeps, just blinking cursor.

I'll keep this short for now. I was given a PS/2 as mentioned in the title, but when I power it on it only shows a black screen with a blinking cursor. There are no beeps. I have tried removing the SCSI card to rule out any issues caused by that, and I have tried reseating all of the cards and...
  2. O

NEC Multisync II - Blank white screen?

I drove a couple hours to pick up this Multisync II a few weeks back... I was so happy to find one locally after a bad experience last year where I received a comparable "multisync" capable Sony display which was sadly damaged in shipping. It was advertised as working and would power on, but...
  3. O

Gridcase 1530: How to boot from internal floppy?

I have a Gridcase 1530 with the red plasma display, floppy and hard drive. It overall works fine after I did some repairs on it two years ago. The hard drive has a lot of clutter on it however, including a non-functional Windows 3.1 installation. I have attached a parallel CF card reader to...
  4. O

Sony CPD-1302 Multisync EGA Trinitron arrived with broken CRT neck... replaceable?

I'm hoping this thing isn't forever destined for the scrap pile, because it's an extremely useful monitor and seems to be quite rare. I haven't dismantled it yet, but I figured I should get this question out there now, because I'm almost certain it will need a new tube if it is ever going to...
  5. O

Franklin Ace 1000 Apple II Plus clone computer

This listing is for a Franklin Ace 1000 computer in as-is condition, partially tested, with some repairs, but not fully functional. This is an Apple II Plus clone. I received this system recently and did some work on it to help out whoever the next owner is. As a preventative measure, I opened...
  6. O

Are any of these ISA Floppy cards compatible with a PS/2 4869-001 External Drive?

I was recently given an IBM PS/2 4869-001 External 5.25" drive, in beautiful condition, in the original box. I have never even set eyes on a PS/2 system in person, so my only hope of using this drive is to hook it up to something else. I've read that they are only partially compatible with...
  7. O

Apple IIe Revisions and DHR Support... lots of misinformation online?

So, I've been trying to learn about the various models and revisions of the Apple IIe to better understand what my two Apple IIe Enhanced systems can do. One of my machines has a Ramworks III card with 512K installed and the other has a 64K+80Column card. I read about DHR or Double High...
  8. O

VIC 1540 firmware ROM... original or not?

I was given this drive a few months back and recently got to tinkering with it. I don't have a VIC20 right now (haven't had one since I was 7 years old) but I've done some reading and I see that these drives are really rare, especially if they have the original ROM. Can someone please tell me...
  9. O

Apple IIe Enhanced garbage on screen... two machines, same problem!

So, I was given a whole bunch of Apple stuff recently. I have three monitors (Apple Color Composite IIe, Apple Green Phosphor and an Amdek amber monochrome), two Apple IIe Enhanced systems, an Apple IIc (no power pack yet), two dual disk drives (no cables yet), two single disk drives and a bunch...
  10. O

Franklin Ace 1000 Power Supply Questions

I was given an Ace 1000 recently, and my first step when I received it was to crack open the power supply to check for any potential sources of noxious fumes waiting to be released. Sure enough, it had two 0.1uf Rifa X capacitors. I have a bunch of modern X2 replacements on hand, so I replaced...
  11. O

Gridcase 1530 386 16Mhz Red Plasma Display Portable PC

Someone recently gave me a Gridcase 1530 and when I powered it on there was a slight fizzle and a burnt smell from the removable power supply (it goes where the battery would go). I tracked the problem down to a shorted tantalum inside the power supply. This thing is pretty easy to work on since...
  12. O

FREE: Old CRT Monitors that need some work, in Northwest PA\Western NY, USA.

I have several old PC monitors that need some work, and I'm simply out of space for them. I have a mid-90s era Packard Bell (with speakers that attach to the sides), a couple of Compaqs from the 90s and a generic one from the 90s. The PB visually looks great while running but it emits a buzzing...
  13. O

Compaq Presario 1410 Monitor and others with cut VGA cables.

I picked up some old computers from a guy recently and one of them is a Presario 7240 from 1996 or so. It has a Pentium (133 I think?) and no L2 cache onboard, with an S3 Trio64 V+ and ESS Audiodrive ES1788 integrated. I have cleared all of the personal information off of it (there wasn't much)...
  14. O

Very Late USA Model Packard Bell Celeron 533 Desktop in great condition.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Rare-Late-Packard-Bell-Celeron-533-Retro-Gaming-Computer-DOS-Windows-98/274007866912?hash=item3fcc243e20:g:ZcMAAOSwyBxdfGNn
  15. O

Sony GDM-FW900; Pickup Only in Western NY\ Northwestern PA, USA

I am reluctantly parting with a Sony GDM-FW900 24" Widescreen CRT. I am a big fan of CRTs and I have several, but I will be moving soon and I can't practically take this monster with me. It has cosmetic damage from a poor packaging job by FedEx when I got it last year, but it works perfectly...
  16. O

Very old GRI Boards... any use for them at all?

I was given these in a lot of stuff I picked up last year. They are marked GRI Computer Corp. 1969. Obviously they're in pretty rough condition. Sorry for the dark pictures. I didn't realize they were this hard to see until looking at them on my PC. If someone wants more detailed pics, I can...
  17. O

Keytronic FT05 83-Key foam and foil keyboard... anything special about it?

I picked this keyboard up sort of by accident last year in a lot of 3 old keyboards on eBay. It was a pretty cheap lot and they all looked decent, but I bought it immediately because at first glance at a blurry product photo I thought this was an IBM Model F. I have a model F that is in pristine...
  18. O

Looking for someone near Portland Oregon that likes to ship big heavy things...

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but an acquaintance of mine online has a very large, very heavy and very nice old CRT monitor that he wants to give me, but being that its nearly 100lbs he decided he doesn't want to ship it. Problem is, I'm in Pennsylvania and he is near Portland Oregon. If...
  19. O

For Sale: IWill DVD266-R + Dual PIII, Asus K7V Slot A + 850 Tbird, IWill Skt7 + P150

I'm selling a few rather hard to find Motherboard combos. They are tested and working and come with lots of accessories. I can also bundle these with other parts. I can throw in a Geforce 2MX or Geforce 4MX for cheap, or I have other video cards (ATI, 3DFX, S3 etc.), so just ask! I also have...
  20. O

Huge Selection of OEM Motherboards for Sale

I'm finally going to weed out my huge assortment of OEM motherboards that I've had laying around for years. I've tested most of them. A few I don't have the means of testing because they are older proprietary setups or I'm lacking proper CPUs or power supplies. Here is a gallery of the boards I...
Back