• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Format of Xenix ".pvh" table

Anyone know the format of the ".pvh" table that is written to the first sector of the disk by the Xenix diskutil tool? I think I've figured out most of it. But there are a couple of fields that are still a mystery. Here's what I have so far: Byte Offset Length...
  2. D

California WANTED: DEC 3U (5 1/4") Bezel Panel for rack mount PDP boxes

I believe the part number is H950-PA or H950-PB. Thanks!
  3. D

M9042 clone

For those of you looking to connect Unibus systems but frustrated by the lack of BC11A cables, I have created a clone of the M9042 module which can be used along with a set of 40-pin ribbon cables to interconnect Unibus segments. Details are up on github, including a set of gerber files which...
  4. D

retro-fuse

I posted about this to the tuhs list, but thought people here might be interested as well... As an exercise for learning more about Sixth-edition Unix, I've created a FUSE-based filesystem capable of mounting v6 disk images under linux. Unlike some other tools in this space, my implementation...
  5. D

PDP-11/05 Console USB Adapter

For those 11/05 enthusiasts among us, I'm happy to announce the first release of my PDP-11/05 Console USB Adapter project. Inspired by Jörg Hoppe's RS232 adapter, my console adapter provides a simple way to connect a PDP-11/05 to a modern USB-capable host. It provides a number of convenient...
  6. D

Bad UNIBUS receivers?

I'm trying to get my M9312 to work with my PDP-11/05 but there appears to be something wrong with the board. By itself, if I plug the M9312 into the standard bus terminator slot, nothing works. The system wont auto-boot the console emulator and I get a bus error trying to read the ROM using...
  7. D

TU58 XXDP on PDP-11/05 with 8KW?

Now that I've gotten past my SCL issue, I've been trying to boot XXDP on my 11/05 and running into problems. I'm using tu58em and a minimal XXDP image I built using xxdpdir. My 11/05 is pretty bare-bones at this point; just 8KW core and a DL11-W configured as unit 1 (176500/300, LTC...
  8. D

Insight needed: Strange console behavior on PDP-11/05

Hi all, I've had the pleasure of spending much of my holiday break trying to get my PDP-11/05 back in running order. After diagnosing a couple of bad transistors on the G110 board, and tuning up the clocks and voltages, I have the system mostly working. However the the SCL console is behaving...
  9. D

Clearpoint Memory Card

I have what appears to be a 16MB PMI QBUS memory card manufactured by Clearpoint Research Corp in the late '80s. The card has very few distinguishing markings and no obvious model number. Repeated Google searches have turned up no details, nor any applicable documentation. So I'm hoping...
  10. D

Stange console problem on M8189 / KDF11-BA

I'm in the process of building a small PDP-11/23+ system from pieces and I'm seeing strange behavior from the console on my M8189. When I type characters at the ODT prompt, some of them are echoed back correctly, while others are not. In particular, I noticed the following pattern: (Typed ->...
Back