• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Asantetalk Problems

So I'm trying to get my SE/30 connected to the internet. I think I have a good handle on the routing and gateways required (SE/30 LocalTalk -> Localtalk-Ethernet Bridge (Asantetalk) -> MacIPGW), but I can't seem to figure out whats going wrong with my AsanteTalk. I've been through the...
  2. C

SE/30 Re-cap

Success! The 470uf leads were absolutely just barely narrow enough to fit through the drills on the board. You might not be able to fit it depending on the dimensional tolerances and various PCB revisions I imagine are floating around.
  3. C

EGA on built-in CRT of Compaq Portable 1

Yep. EGA wonder always runs with MDA timing in compaq mode (that I've seen). I threw something together to take the various color TTL lines off the feature connector and make the analog signal for the compaq CRT: It works pretty well, although I dont have the color shades adjusted quite...
  4. C

SE/30 Re-cap

I actually just started re-capping mine last night. I'm using a hot air SMD rework station to remove the old ones. It does lead to an occasional exploding capacitor, but it allows them to come off cleanly without risking traces. My plan it to replace the 47uf ones with solid electrolyte SMD...
  5. C

EGA on built-in CRT of Compaq Portable 1

I've been restoring/upgrading an 8088 Compaq Portable and I was wondering if it is possible to connect a normal EGA card to the internal CRT? The service guide for the Portable 2 lists the existence of two 8-bit "Enhanced Color Graphics Boards" with the requisite internal connector, but I don't...
Back