• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. jackrubin

Ultimate PDP-8 ideas thread

Haven't been in touch for a couple months, but he's fine as far as I know. He built a couple of the IO boards a few years back (for himself and Lyle) but didn't like the layout and wanted to respin it before releasing. A few years later ... Bob's collection went to Florida and he's getting...
  2. jackrubin

I don't think the 8EIO card ever went beyond a couple hand-assembled prototypes.
  3. jackrubin

PDP-8/I at the RICM

We were able to substitute an off-the-shelf automotive alternator diode for a failed DM2 on the CMA 8/I until we could get the correct part. Doesn't help with connector/wiring harness losses but at least addresses the diode issue. DEC didn't seem to provide too much of a safety margin on some of...
  4. jackrubin

What did I do to my PDP-8 today.

Seems like DEC under-rated the fuse holder here - 5V output is rated at 20A but F200 in the power supply circuit is 25A. Even the replacement fuse holder is only rated at 20A, so no margin. You can also get a 30A fuse holder in the same series (but black, not gray). If you're spending the money...
  5. jackrubin

The gray fuseholder was actually an ECO to replace the original part, which was failing because of overloading. Someone a bit more obsessive can go back and dig out the actual part numbers and upgrade order.
  6. jackrubin

I'd like to see a simple, in-line module that would plug in to an RK05 drive at the index sensor and allow swapping 12 and 16 sector disk packs transparently. Run either style pack on PDP-8 or PDP-11.
  7. jackrubin

Thanks to Vince, Doug and Malcolm! See y'all in Elmhurst.
  8. jackrubin

PDP-9 at the RICM

Interesting looking backplane wiring with the hooks and diagonal runs.
  9. jackrubin

That's pretty exciting news! Looking forward to the next chapter in Michigan.
  10. jackrubin

SCSI2SD question

Yeah, I ordered one for a Mac/SE, but don't tell anyone --
  11. jackrubin

Looking for OMSI Focal Manual, UW Focal (UFW) binary or source

Thanks - happy to say that the scribe of that ancient missive is still alive and well. Sometime between 2015 and the present, I obtained an original OMSI manual which I suppose I should scan if it doesn't exist elsewhere. I also spoke briefly with Bill Cattey at the recent VCF-East about the...
  12. jackrubin

PDP-8/L Front Panel

Ya - we do it besser?
  13. jackrubin

PDP-8/L Front Panel

@ Tarkus01 - found this if you're still looking - not quite sure how to flip the image, but you get the idea.
  14. jackrubin

M8189 bootstrap error LED's D1 and D4 on

@cmao - I'll send you an M9047 for the cost of postage - PM me with address info if interested. You've put enough sweat equity into this venture to have earned it!
  15. jackrubin

PDP8 KV graphics PCB design

KV8I joystick:
  16. jackrubin

Build your own PDP 8I, Part 4..

I have an extra set of boards. I'm sending you a DM. Jack
  17. jackrubin

MM8I Replacement

Very nice!
  18. jackrubin

8 inch floppies

Unlikely any were hard sectored since they were all from the same source, but if it turns out that they are, please hang on to them for me, I can use them! Thanks, Jack
  19. jackrubin

PDP-12 at the RICM

"It should be relatively easy ... "
  20. jackrubin

DEC units on ebay

yep - down to my last two storage lockers :>)
Back