• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

California Intel iPDS portable CP/M-80 computer - ICE and EPROM programmer

It looks like I had actually started a iSBX-251 bubble board sometime before I made the one for the SBC-85 platform. I think i decided to make the SBC-85 version rather than the iSBX version. But as you pointed out they are both nominally the same as the bubble engineering kit.
  2. C

Yes, the SBX module adapter board. I have schematics, I just need to get the physical dimensions to reproduce. Yes, I have done reproduction boards before. Thanks Craig
  3. C

Any chance I could borrow the SBX expansion board to make a reproduction version?
  4. C

Ssm vb1b sn 1133

There are two quick tests you can perform without special software--- 1) write to the video memory and see if you can read the same value back out. 2) fill the video memory with an ascii character. e.g., 0x31 and the whole screen should fill with 1. if in character mode, write 0xB1 and it...
  5. C

Ssm vb1b sn 1133

I am sending Herb an email for something else today, so I will ask about this manual also.
  6. C

Ssm vb1b sn 1133

I have some character generators available.
  7. C

Ssm vb1b sn 1133

If anyone has one of these to sell, I would like to buy and take a crack at documenting it.
  8. C

Ssm vb1b sn 1133

Very good. When you get back to this project, let me know. Also, I presume you checked with Herb Johnson to see if he has any VB1 documentation?
  9. C

Ssm vb1b sn 1133

I see. The layout was your drawing. I missed that. do you have pictures or scans of the front/back before building? If they were trying to minimize changes, maybe it will be easier to compare to the VB1B and find the differences rather than starting from scratch. regards craig
  10. C

Ssm vb1b sn 1133

Were you able to get the full user's manual for the VB1(A)? or just these two pages? I have just finished resurrecting a VB1C and VB1B so I am now really curious about the original VB1A -Craig
  11. C

Ssm vb1b sn 1133

What ever became of this board? Did you identify the differences between it and the B version?
  12. C

Unpopulated S100 stuff at Anchor Electronics

The one in Bulgaria? That is the S-100 Z80 CB-2. Unfortunately, SSM made two CB-2 boards. The Z80 one and (possibly) an earlier 8080(?) version. The one I was referring to was the bare 80 pin version that Al picked up at Anchor and has photos on his archive site...
  13. C

Are computer museums 'bad'?

Honestly, I think you are being overly optimistic with the "pros" .... I have visited many a computer museum, and it appears to me that the same story repeats itself-- As far as well funded, I would suggest that very few museums will survive much longer than their benefactor. I think we have...
  14. C

Unpopulated S100 stuff at Anchor Electronics

I'm game for reverse engineering the CB-2, but I am guessing that the one that Al has is the only one in existence.
  15. C

Wanted: Intel Prompt 80/85 Documentation

Did you ever find any documentation for this?
  16. C

WTB intel programming modules for the iUP or iPDS

What software do you have for it? Do you know if has the internal adapter for iSBX daughter cards? What eprom program module is with it? I am in that neck of the woods now and again, which direction from Spokane?
  17. C

Do they have a list of surplus items? Or is this a “need to know someone who is in the know” sort of thing?
  18. C

i can’t see the adapter, which one is it? What options are in the iPDS? Where is it all located and how much are you thinking?
  19. C

Pacific Northwest WTB C-44 cards

Nice find! Do you suppose they were actually using 2716 EPROMs? Maybe that is all they needed, but seems under utilized.
Back