• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. aperezbios

Announcing ZuluIDE - an ATAPI CD-ROM and Removable (read-write) media emulator

Great. Thanks! Feel free to report any issues if you encounter any, at https://github.com/rabbitholecomputing/ZuluIDE-firmware/issues If you want to discuss something, or simply ask questions, you can do so at https://github.com/rabbitholecomputing/ZuluIDE-firmware/discussions/new/choose It...
  2. aperezbios

There is already support for read/write functionality, in the form of ATAPI removable devices.
  3. aperezbios

That may be true, however you don't need to physically possess a ZuluSCSI board in order to reverse engineer it, particularly when the pinout of the RP2040 and the pinout of the Pi Pico are both known quantities. We're talking about a two-layer board here, and there are only so many signals...
  4. aperezbios

It's just not that simple. ZuluSCSI was licensed under the GPL because it makes use of the now-decade-old SCSI2SD command handling library. That code is licensed under GPLv3, and if you know anything about how the mechanics of the standard GPL license works, all derivative works must also be...
  5. aperezbios

Right, and ZuluIDE is by no means a replacement for a SATA controller. Commodity IDE to SATA adapters are cheap and plentiful, but they only allow for non-ATAPI (rigid disk) emulation. By simply copying ISOs and/or bin/cue files to your SD card.
  6. aperezbios

I don't really understand this mentality at all, since it would appear that you've been deceived, and are not aware that the BlueSCSI V2 firmware is a straight rebranded derivative/fork of ZuluSCSI RP2040, then. It was publicly revealed a mere 70 days after ZuluSCSI RP2040 was made available for...
  7. aperezbios

Rabbit Hole Computing, my company, has been working on such a thing quietly for the last year and a half. While it isn't 100% ready for prime time, it is available for those who wish to help improve the product. ZuluIDE is powered by an RP2040 microcontroller, in concert with a small Lattice...
  8. aperezbios

We need something better than cards for retro PC HD Drive Replacement

@Zippy Zapp Rabbit Hole Computing, my company, has been working on such a thing quietly for the last year and a half. While it isn't 100% ready for prime time, it is available for those who wish to help improve the product. ZuluIDE is powered by an RP2040 microcontroller, in concert with a small...
  9. aperezbios

SCSI2SD question

And now there's a kit-based variant of ZuluSCSI RP2040, ZuluSCSI Compact Homebrew that costs even less ZuluSCSI RP2040 delivers up to 9.5MB/sec of throughput on reads, and around 6MB/sec for writes, significantly faster than the SCSI2SD V5 family, at a lower price point.
  10. aperezbios

Where are all the SCSI2SD devices? Is this because of the chip shortage?

Hi, there, have you reported any of those issues to Rabbit Hole Comuting? Which firmware version are are you using? Don't be so quick to dismiss a product that's young, when it was designed to be firmware-upgradable. Engage with the manufacturer!
  11. aperezbios

In search of any working DBA ESDI drive for PS/2 Model 55

Does anyone here happen to have any DBA ESDI they're no longer in need of, or would be willing to sell? I'm in northern California, and just picked up a PS/2 Model 55. I'm also looking for two 4MB 72-pin SIMMs (80ns) suitable for use in this machine, as it only came with one 2MB SIMM. Even one...
  12. aperezbios

VCF West attendance data?

Hey folks, I had a great time at VCF West this year, and was wondering if we know how many tickets were sold. Regards, Alex Perez WB6ALX
  13. aperezbios

Announcing BARCC, the Bay Area RetroComputing Club; Inagural meeting Friday Aug 31

Attention San Francisco Bay Area Retro-computing enthusiasts! I would like to introduce the Bay Area RetroComputing Club, and invite new members to join the BARCC general-discussion mailing list, where you can choose to receive a daily digest, or no e-mail at all, as you so desire. We will be...
  14. aperezbios

DEC Rainbow PSU model H7842D capacitor list

Since I couldn't find this anywhere, I wanted to document the capacitors within the DEC Rainbow 100 PSU, which itself has a DEC model number of H7842D 2x 3200uF @ 16V 1x 2200uF @ 35V 2x 820uF @ 250V 1x 560uF @ 20V 1x 330uF @ 20V 3x 47uF @ 16V 1x 10uF @ 35V 1x 2uF @ 25V
  15. aperezbios

Monochrome DEC Rainbow keyboard and video cabling options

I picked up a DEC Rainbow PC100-B2 for free at this most recent VCF West show, and it has a 10MB MFM HDD, no color video option, and no cables of any sort. I've got DB15 video cables I can hack up, and I understand this thing can output monochrome composite video. I have a couple of displays...
  16. aperezbios

Troubleshooting Compaq Portable III power supply failure

Hey folks, I picked up a Compaq Portable III at VCF West this past weekend, and it came with a bad power supply. If I power it on with no load, the built-in fan powers up, but none of the DC output voltages are anywhere close to correct. If I power it on with a load, it sits there and ticks...
  17. aperezbios

My first VAX, a MiroVAX 3400

Hey folks, I'm cross-posting this here, as well as comp.os.vms. I'd like to introduce myself, and my first VAX acquisition, which is technically an "rtVAX 3400" which I made a lowball best-offer for on eBay, and picked up locally today. I have only powered it on headless, and it starts with...
  18. aperezbios

Acquired a PS/2 Model 60 with Reply Corp PowerBoard planar replacement; need PS/2 FDD

I recently acquired an interesting beast, a PS/2 model 60 with a Reply Corporation-manufactured, Socket 3 MCA Planar motherboard replacement, the PowerBoard 60. It came with no floppy drive, RAM, or CPU, but it came to life once the requisite components were installed. I found a replacement 6...
  19. aperezbios

Looking for IBM PS/2 3.5" 1.44 MB floppy drive

Hi there, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, specifically San Jose, and am looking for a 3.5" PS/2 floppy drive with the card-edge connector...working or not. Anybody here happen to have one?
Back