• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. V

My research about graphics of the Pro

It's a bit of an unexpected result for me. I assumed that the next instruction sequence would take less than 32 CPU cycles. a: mov r3,(r0)+ sob r1,a However, it may take about 40. So I made some changes to FILLV. I have also attached the diff. It is interesting will this variant show...
  2. V

I have two hypotheses that may explain this strange result: 1) the system timer works on interrupts. Perhaps the hardware can't handle pending interrupts properly and requires immediate CPU response. This causes some interrupt requests to be lost and gives the timer less value than it should...
  3. V

Interestingly, the interrupt disabling makes the code almost 2 times faster - https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/my-research-about-graphics-of-the-pro.1244252/post-1348386 - it was 4.25 seconds instead of 2.5 now!
  4. V

Many thanks again for your results for the pi-calculator (EIS) under P/OS. They were added to the main table long ago, they are item #115 there. Thanks also for the information about disabling the video subsystem. However my experiments show that we need to save more video registers than just...
  5. V

@stanp Thanks for your interesting information. Of course the use of WIMP$ Executive Directive is more professional but my hack must always work too. Does the documentation show a way to disable the terminal subsystem? An alternative is to disable of interrupts but this can break the timer if...
  6. V

Thank you! The tables have been updated. It is interesting to note that the NOEIS versions on the 11/93 have almost the same results as the EIS versions on the Pro-380 and the latter is almost equal to the NOEIS versions on the Pro-350. Would you like to run the EIS version on your Pro-380...
  7. V

Thank you very much for your interesting results. Would you like to run MBKX with NOCALC=1 and TWORSETS=1? I need this to add results to the table. Your results, in particular show that P/OS has the larger system overhead than RT-11, it is about 6% larger. Thanks also for the bug report. The...
  8. V

Why are you talking about floppy disks? Use a hard disk image with xhomer.
  9. V

Let's compare two screenshots, one from a good Commodore emulator and one from real hardware. Hi You can use the RT11DSK utility mentioned above to work with any RT-11 disk images...
  10. V

@cjs It seems that you simply misunderstood me. I wrote to you about dates, not the fact. Of course a system that has 4096 free colors can display photos! Nobody disputes that. IMHO you are confusing peculiarities of the Apple II realm with other computers. Commodore monitors use chroma-luma...
  11. V

Thanks I like your good mood. I hope I can try to improve it a bit more. So you claim that the FM77AV from 1985 can show photos like the Sharp X1 turbo Z. I agree I made a typo and confused 1986 and 1985 to please you. Are you happier now? But you confused me too, you claimed that I was...
  12. V

I just wrote that the top Japanese 8-bit systems had CPUs that were too weak to effectively handle their advanced graphics. So those graphics were more of an unusable extra. The C64, Apple II etc were simply better balanced.
  13. V

The FM-7 first model appeared at the same 1982 as the C64. The FM-8 was from 1981 but it was very exotic and expensive. Wikipedia claims that the first PC-8001 appeared in 1981 and had very primitive 160x100 graphics with 8 colors.
  14. V

@cjs I have added information about multicolor Japanese PC to my blog entry. Thanks.
  15. V

I only wrote about the late models since 1986 that were capable of showing photos. They are the Sharp X1 turbo Z, Fujitsu FM-77AV, NEC PC-88 VA. It seems that they were very rare and there is almost no software that can use their new multicolour modes. The site shows that the first models of...
  16. V

@czunit It would be great if you could run my Mandelbrot generator on your 350. This program doesn't require the presence of the EBO. @cjs Thank you for the information on the top of the range FM-7 and PC-8800. I did not know about these systems. It seems they were extremely rare even in...
  17. V

This article would not have been possible without your help. You started the JPEG era on the PC! Fantastic. And thank you for your kind words about my blog entry. But I still don't have any proof (a screenshot) that the Pro 350 or 325 were actually capable of showing nice pictures...
  18. V

This thread prompted me to write an article about the photos on the first PC.
  19. V

Of course, it is the better way, but it requires a lot more effort...
  20. V

IMHO a proper serial cable (the null modem type) may be a better solution, but this is just a theoretical note.
Back