• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. V

The F11 and J11 odd data address trap

The Xhomer emulator doesn't generate a trap on an odd data address. Does the F11 generate such a trap? I know that the J11 generates it. But I am not aware is it possible to disable this J11 feature? A lot of thanks in advance. EDIT. How do I determine which is being used, the F11 or J11?
  2. V

The Pro compatibility

I am curious, did the Pro have any compatibility issues? Is it possible to run RSX-11M-Plus on it? It seems that RT-11 runs quite well on the Pro - all programs run without issues. Thus, this contradicts Wikipedia's claim that "the PRO cannot run standard PDP-11 software without...
  3. V

My research about graphics of the Pro

I did a little digging into graphics of the Pro. I have impressed very much. The Pro's graphics is really fascinating. It is sad that information about the magnificent graphic capabilities of the Pro has still missed Wikipedia. :( I took the liberty of compiling a table summarizing almost all...
  4. V

Have a DEC Professional? Please run it for me!

I have recently got results for number pi calculator runs on the Soviet clone (Elektronika 85) of the Pro-350. The results under RT-11FB 5.01 are: for 100 digits - 0.92s, for 1000 digits - 56.15s, for 3000 digits - 486.28s. It would be very interesting to compare these results with results from...
  5. V

Have a Power Macintosh, please run it for me!

I am gathering results for the speed of the π-spigot algorithm for different platforms. Now it is time for the Macintosh computers based on the PowerPC and running MacOS. It would be great to get results from the PPC601 and PPC603 but other models are welcome too. Three programs are attached...
  6. V

Instruction timings for the VAX

Every PDP-11 system has a detailed description of its instruction timing. I am curious why was this information never published for any VAX? Is there any reason for this?
  7. V

Have an IBM mainframe? Please run it for me!

It would be great if somebody could run my number pi calculator for 100, 1000, and 3000 digits on an XT/370, AT/370, IBM 7437 VM/SP Technical Workstation, P/370, S/370, R/390, P/390, S/390 IS, Fujitsu PC-based system, or any other mainframe under VM/SP. I need timing results, they are printed...
  8. V

A text about the VAX-11

It seems I have just made a final edition of my blog entry about the VAX-11. It would be great to get some comments. Thank you.
  9. V

486dx2 hardware error?

I received a report that my number pi calculator for DOS works wrong on an IBM 425 SX/S ValuePoint. So there is a possibility that the first 486DX2 has a bug. Would anyone like to run this pi calculator on any 486dx2 based machine? The attached program must print 3141. I have tested the...
  10. V

Have a Macintosh-68k? Please run this for me!

I have written my first assembly program for the old good Mac. It is a number pi calculator that can give us any digits of the pi. It also outputs the amount of time spent on each calculation. I am gathering timings for 100, 1000, and 3000 digits for the 68k system (up to the 68040). I have...
  11. V

A CGA monitor resolution

I am curious is it possible to show a 256 line picture on a CGA monitor? It is quite easy to set the 6845 to show 256 lines (the BBC Micro uses such modes by default, the Amstrad CPC standard monitors can show 256 lines) but can a typical CGA monitor show all of them? Thank you.
  12. V

missing muLisp for the 6502

There are several documents that mention muLisp for the Apple II without the Z80 card: http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/public/pub/manuals/adios-81.pdf, http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/public/pub/manuals/newsletter_mar82.pdf. But I can't find either Adios-81, or muLisp. :( It would be very...
  13. V

Have the Atari Falcon? Please run it for me!

I tend a project. I have still missed data from the Atari Falcon. :( Would you like please to help me with this? Just run PI-ST and PI-ST30 for 100, 1000, and 3000 digits. The programs print digits of the number π and timing in seconds. I need these timing values. Please use only the main CPU...
  14. V

the PDP 11/23+ question

I have gotten interesting benchmark results from the PDP-11/23+. A man, who sent them, reports that his M8189 module has 5.0688 МHz crystal. IMHO this contradicts data from http://web.frainresearch.org:8080/projects/pdp-11/dcf11.php where 75 ns clock period (13.33 Mhz) is stated. Would anyone...
  15. V

the IBM/370 in comparison

I've tried to compare the IBM/370 with other contemporary architectures in my blog entry. I will be glad if somebody can add or correct it. Thank you.
  16. V

Have Tandy-100? Please run it for me!

I have just made a post in CP/M thread. However this thread seems more appropriate for my request. Thank you
  17. V

Have Tandy-100? Please run it for me!

Please help me to gather data for my pi-spigot project. Please run PINT.BA which loads CAPINT.CO, so you need to upload both files to your Tandy. I need results for 100, 1000, and 3000 digits. The calculations take about 3s, 5m, and 45m respectively. I need numbers which will be printed...
  18. V

Why does VCFED become invisible for some countries?

Hi there This fine site became invisible to ip from Russia for about a month ago. :( People have to be using proxy servers, vpn, etc. Can anybody help? Thank you very much.
  19. V

π for the Altair 8080

I have just made the code for CP/M-80. However as I know, the Altair has no any hardware to measure timings and therefore my code can't measure time. So I can't include the Altair 8800 results in my project (there is also sources location). :( BTW it is interesting that the 8080 code gives...
Back