• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Novell2NT

Apple 1 Byte Shop Case & Datanetics Replica

Nice work !!! I did a little wood work myself, when I built to large 6' wide NES controllers. I would love to see all of the vintage computer that you have. Just call me a vintage computer nut !!! Jeff Nay
  2. Novell2NT

Looking to sell KIM-1

I did reach out to you first. I would have preferred and in fact needed to replace both 6530s on the board I was working on. So, your small design would have been a better fit. Although I need something that was already assembled and programmed. I do not under stand the whole using your test...
  3. Novell2NT

Looking to sell KIM-1

Sadly Bob Applegate passed away earlier this year, so it will be imposible to purchase any more corsham items. I was fortunate to work with Bob and purchase several of his KIM-1 add-on boards. Including the 6530 replacement board that I purchased for another KIM-1 that I was repairing for a...
  4. Novell2NT

Commodore PET 2001-8 stuck on garbled screen

It has been a long while, since I had, what I believe is the same problem. So, my memory may be faded. However, I believe that there are only 2 Video Ram chips on board, and one is not really used. At least not in the boot process. If I am remembering correctly, all I did was swap the two video...
  5. Novell2NT

Debugging a KIM-1 computer

I would like to git a look at your 6532 replacement board, as I could probably use two of them, if I can make them fit. The Corsham board, is too wide to repace both 6530's.
  6. Novell2NT

I have just uploaded a new video. Showing the now working KIM-1. I also placed the bad 6530-002 in the 6530-003 socket, so that we could take a look at it. I have to mention that I would never have been able to get this system to boot up again, without the Corsham RRIOT replacement board.
  7. Novell2NT

Everything is ticked under Preferences and under account details email options and I have verified that the correct email address is in place.
  8. Novell2NT

Well, I placed the 6530-002 in the 6530-003 socket, to take a look at the ROM and it looks the same as it did on my bread board project. Good code repeating itself every 8 bytes, and there by replacing the code that should be there. I was thinking there might have been a wiring problem, with my...
  9. Novell2NT

Hey GravityCrab How goes your vintage computer collection??? Mine has grow quite a bit in the...

Hey GravityCrab How goes your vintage computer collection??? Mine has grow quite a bit in the last 3 years. I am here in Palm Coast FL. So, it might be nice to meetup online or in person. You can find me on Youtube as well. Jeff Nay
  10. Novell2NT

I was just wondering... Since we know the 6530-003 is also bad. In fact scrambled up pretty good. I was wondering if I could place the bad 6530-002 in it's place, to make it easy to take another look at it. To verify that my bread board project did show me the correct information? Of course this...
  11. Novell2NT

That sounds pretty messy... I am guessing at least 2 or 3 stacked sockets and two big Corsham boards stacked on top of each other. So much for being a single board computer, now it is a multi board computer... LOL!!! I guess, I am just going to have to be happy that this old KIM-1 is booting up...
  12. Novell2NT

Well, I just re-inserted the 6530-003 and it appears that it was damaged as well. No surprise here... Not sure how I can replace both 6530's at the same time??? The Corsham board only allows you to replace one or the other, as far as I understand.
  13. Novell2NT

Well, I just re-inserted the 6530-003 and it appears that it was damaged as well. No surprise here... Not sure how I can replace both 6530's at the same time??? The Corsham board only allows you to replace one or the other, as far as I understand.
  14. Novell2NT

After only having to replace the 6502 CPU, the 6530-002, all 8 - 2102 memory chips and the U17 7406 Inverter. This old KIM-1 is working again !!! Thank you for all your help and support.
  15. Novell2NT

I was able to take a look at the failed 6530-002 by building a breadboard and connecting it to my working KIM-1 and addressing it, using K2 and K4. I saw the ROM starting at $1000 and the I/O starting at $0B40 I noticed that the ROM was repeating good code every 8 bytes, thereby constantly...
  16. Novell2NT

I really would have liked using your Diag board on this KIM-1 as it had multiple failures. I am currently in the process of removing all the ram chips and installing sockets. I am of course assuming, from what I have seen while piggy backing, that this may resolve the remaining problems that I...
  17. Novell2NT

I have just uploaded a video to my Youtube channel that shows what good signals look like as well as what I am seeing on the board that I am trying to repair. At the very end of this video I was able to get all the displays to light up temporarily. Which is pointing to the fact, that, at this...
  18. Novell2NT

This board probably suffers from multiple failures. I purchased a Corsham 6530-002 replacement board which corrected the signals that I was seeing at U4 74145 decoder. I am now seeing the left most display lighting up. However the U24 74145 does not seem to be receiving the correct input signals...
  19. Novell2NT

Hey Dwight, I have an old KIM-1 that looks like it has multiple failures. It must have taken a pretty big shot, when it failed. I have replaced the failed 6530-002 with a Corsham 6532 replacement board. That did help, start to light up one segment with a small c. I piggy backed all the memory...
  20. Novell2NT

MOS Kim-1 Alive!!

Hey Dave, I know you posted this a long time ago, but I could use your help. My KIM-1 just stopped working. Like you I have checked all the obvious voltages and the Clock is working and I probed pin 40 as I pressed RS, to see that pin go low. I looked at the two 74145s everything looks pretty...
Back