• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

WTB: External Pinnacle Micro RCD 5040 / Tahoe 230/640 (SCSI) Optical External Drives

As the title states, I'm looking for any combination thereof these drives in good working condition. If you have one for sale, please PM me directly or respond here. Thanks!
  2. M

Once Bitten by an Apple (PowerBook 1400, MessagePad 130 and more) April 28th, 2021

[ Once Bitten by an Apple, or two... (PowerBook 1400, 3400, MessagePad 130, QuickTake 150, 200) ] This wasn't even supposed to happen. I'm certainly not a collector nor do I want to start now but obtaining and using some older Apple products from the mid-90s has proven to be not only incredibly...
  3. M

A few shots from the Apple QuickTake Cameras... in 2021 - April 19th, 2021

[ A few shots from the Apple QuickTake Cameras... in 2021 ] I wonder how I even got here. How did I manage to allow myself to get so far down the digital VGA photography rabbit hole of yesteryear, now with a QuickTake 100, 150 and 200. As to be expected and should be no surprise, the quality...
  4. M

Visiting an Apple Computer reseller - The Dream Repository, April 5th, 2021

Having an interest in older Apple Computers again recently, I managed to find a flea market like thrift shop that was selling specifically Apple Computer gear. That was their whole purpose, to serve the public with affordably priced retro Apple gear. :cool: Much to my surprise, there were...
  5. M

The Apple QuickTake 600-4DXE

Never knew Apple released such a configuration! :p Happy April Fools Day I guess?! I spent a little time this morning making this from scratch in GIMP with a few photo references for fun. Hope you all don't mind... :)
  6. M

The Apple Quicktake 150 from 1995 - Random Accessed Computer Memories,March 24th 2021

[ The Apple Quicktake 150 from 1995 - Random Accessed Computer Memories, March 24th, 2021 ] About a month ago, I stumbled upon a very alluring Apple PowerBook with color portable Stylewriter 2200 package that glistened the eyes. Maybe it's because I've never owned an Apple laptop but I'm...
  7. M

Blogs on VCF (is photo upload mode broken?)

I toyed around with the idea of writing a blog on here (though it doesn't seem to get very much use/activity) is the photo upload option broken on the forum? I upload a small sized picture and it doesn't proceed to allow you to actually upload it?
  8. M

Anyone capable of modernizing DOS Cadstar Gerber files?

Figure this is a good place to ask as any really. I have a project that I would like to have updated for a PCB mainboard but the files are outdated (was created on DOS Cadstar) and PCB layout software/creation is not in my know-how-to-do list yet. The goal is to eventually have a dozen of these...
  9. M

Admiring the Sony VAIO line...

I've started to find myself fondly fascinated and admiring the older Sony VAIO line. Something I completely overlooked growing up and because the prices seemed extremely high but really appreciating the design and thought put behind them. Particularly the slim line and the early MX series which...
  10. M

Tandy Sensation Prices...

I realize the Tandy Sensation computers are kind of rare as they only appear on eBay occasionally, however, I'm seeing two listed currently being offered for just the computer itself (no monitor or extras) for $1,000 and another for $1,250. Is it just me or do these prices seem incredibly...
  11. M

Anyone with a Panasonic AG-500 TV/VCR Combo unit FS?

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a very well cared for Panasonic AG-500 TV/VCR combo unit. There's one on eBay for $125+ shipping, but for the price would expect it to be cleaner. Thanks
  12. M

Photos of your computers from the 70s/80s/90s - Post Them Here!

I have one from the 90s but I'll have to find it to post it. Would love to see some pictures from others and their computers/setups throughout the years in the past. Looking forward to seeing some!
  13. M

What is one of your favorite computer-related movies?

There are so many movies that touch the retro feelgood vibe but what is one of your favorites? One of my favorites is Sneakers with Robert Redford. So many great aspects to this movie and set in a time where technology was really taking an interesting turn.
  14. M

Anyone with a Cray?

Just curious who here owns either any vintage Cray computers or even the newer CX1 desktop? Pictures? What do you use them for?
  15. M

Wanted: Atari ST computer for MIDI

Not looking for anything amazing or to break the bank - I just want to experiment with some MIDI stuff using an actual Atari before I decided to get some high-end model. Recently purchased a Roland 2080 and would like to see what I can accomplish with it! =D Thanks I'm located in U.S. btw
  16. M

Sell me your Omnibook 300/425/430

Hi everyone... I'm looking for a nice condition HP Omnibook of the 300/425/430 variant. Would definitely lean toward the 425 or 430 but would go for a 300 as well. Let me know what you've got, pics and what you're asking. Thanks
  17. M

WTB: Tandy Sensation, Atari Falcon030, Atari ST Book Laptop, Atari ABC PC, etc.

I realize this is going to take some time but feel like this would be a good place as any to post some wanted items. I am looking for the following computers: 1. Tandy Sensation (2000?) - I just remember these from the Radio Shack catalogs and my art teacher during grade school owned one. I...
Back