• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Component level repair

Does anyone do (for hire) component level repair on boards? I have a Model III that I believed I recapped both power supplies last summer. Plugged in last month, worked for a bit and started getting iffy. Eventually it got to the point it wouldn't boot and I noticed one of the caps in the power...
  2. M

Interesting 2001 on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-Commodore-CBM-2001-Professional-PET-Working-Condition/202563359334?hash=item2f29b79266:g:LMAAAOSwMQ1cOMgA:rk:1:pf:0 Looks like a memory board and possible video mod? Going by the connectors on the ports. The keyboard looks like a butcher job. Not interested...
  3. M

Coco III & HXC SD emulator

Hello Folks. Does anyone have a guide or walkthrough for using an HXC floppy emulator with the CoCo's? I am able to make a blank disk (image) for the HXC, format it, Dir it, save to it etc. But once back on the PC I don't appear to be able to read from or write to the HFE file? I...
  4. M

Cleaning a Apple ][e keyboard

Are the Apple ][e keycaps removeable? Does anyone have good hints on how to clean sticky keys on a machine that hasn't been used in 20-30 years? Isopropyl alcohol?
  5. M

PDP-8I for sale on eBay, New Jersey area

Wish I had the cash, room and ability: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pdp-8i-Computer-With-Tape-Readers/253828781525?hash=item3b195fd5d5:g:cnAAAOSwCsBa43BZ
  6. M

Loading programs using the CoCo serial port

It has been a long time since I had a functional Model-I. But I recall having a serial cable that hooked up my Model-I (which had two floppy drives) to my Cocos (which had no floppys). I vaguely recall having a program to cload software from the serial port. The speed of this would be set by the...
  7. M

Basement archaeological dig

Hello Folks. I was digging out my Compupro 816 from my basement and found a bag with some goodies. I found some Coco and early Model-I manuals and tapes that may be of value to other VCFed users. I would be willing to scan and/or share information from the the manuals if anyone on here...
  8. M

Mystery EPROM

I found these two PROMs, on an archaeological expedition in my basement. I am thinking one of two possibility's, monitor roms from an X-80 (A Z-80 trainer made and used in house at Technical Career's Institute), or slim possibility out of an IBM or ITT ATW...? Any ideas? I have a reader here...
  9. M

4P power supply C33/C32 replacement

Hello Folks. I picked up a 4P from eBay that worked fine for about half an hour when C32 blew on the power supply board. I would also like to replace C33 at the same time. This is one of the Tandy power supply boards as opposed to the Astecs. I did come across...
  10. M

Craigslist Model IV find

Hello Folks. I picked up a working Model IV with two 5.25" drives. Originally the drives would 'work' but would sound terrible and clunk a lot. Neither drive would format a blank disk. I ran an old 5.25" cleaner disk on it. Which didn’t seem to help much if at all. Since this was a Craigslist...
  11. M

Source for Model I parts?

Hello Folks. I have two Model I's. One is the one I had when I was a kid. Me and my late father used the heck out of it. We had a copy of one of the modifications for the Model-I so we added lower case and the 2.5MHZ hack. I would really like to get this going again for sentimental...
  12. M

Restoring a Model III

Hello folks. I have a Model III that bought for dirt cheap when Radio Shack disco'd (discontinued) the III, I think I was even able to use my employee discount. Well, I put it in the cellar for ten years, recopied a few of my diskettes and then let it sit for the last 10 or so. Its a bit...
Back