• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

PET 8296D chirp sound ok at boot but only raster on screen

Hello all, another 8296 but in this case model D (inside disk drives) I have recapped powersupply and i have all good line rail 5v and 12v and power for monitor board. But, the system boot with complete chirp chirp, it's reset if i press reset button and then it chirp again, monitor starts...
  2. D

Southern Europe Help ro programming PROM 74S288

Hello, please i need to program two 74S288 used in my Commodore PET 8296, i have only an old EPROM programmer support this PROM but it need adapter to program this type of PROM, i don't have idea of this adapter is or if is replicable to use on my programmer. I also have a Willem eprom...
  3. D

Pet 8296 blown fuse with monitor connected, and no chirp sound

Hello with other machine and other issue. This is my 8296 system, this system worked from 2006 to 2015 without problem, i have onli replaced a rom with a new eprom when buyed. Now the machine stays powered of from 2015 to 2024, but if i try to power on the main fuse going to blown! I have...
  4. D

Commodore 1084S-D1 - right raster problem

Hello again to all, another 1084S, this time model D1 (Daewoo chassis). This monitor was turned off for several years and stored in a very humid cellar in Germany. I bought it for 50 euros. When it arrived I cleaned the inside thoroughly, removing dust and dirt and all the electrolytic...
  5. D

Vectrex Repair (another no buzz 3GE version)

Hi to all, i have readed all other post of MIATA user and the last is the same of my board. I have a strange issue, similar to one of Vectrex of miata but with other type of board. The attached image is the problem, i have the vector concentrated on center/bottom left of screen but confused or...
  6. D

Commodore 1084S-D2 - Another repair

Hello, i'm again with another commodore monitor, this time is a 1084S-D2 (Daewoo chassis) This monitor is of my friends, it have buyed on line but during shipping it damaged! Opened monitor i have found a crack con the PCB bottom of flyback! My friends turned on the monitor when arrived but...
  7. D

DEC Rainbow PC100 restoring

Hello to all. I have another computer to restoring, the DEC Rainbow 100. This computer is powered off many yer ago, i dont' know if it stored in working condition or not, but now is not relevant. The original monitor have a very strange problem, i have found other photo on google with same...
  8. D

Macintosh LC II 12"RGB Monitor M1296Z repair

Hi to all, again here with another monitor to repair. This monitor turned off 20 year ago, i have opened it and cleaned all parts..the main board need a recap because any capacitors leaking out. I have replaced all capacitor on the board with leaking and with loss in value, then i have...
  9. D

Mac Classic restoring from two logic boards

Hi at all, i'm trying to restore two logic boards of mac classic, both with very damage caused from battery explosion! One of this board have damage to the CPU pins, i have desoldered CPU cleaned all and resoldered but i have to rewire any broken pins, very hard work. The other is ok to the...
  10. D

Commodore monitor 1084S-P and PHILIPS CM8833II

Now with repaired 1084 with support of hugo and dave, very best friends, i have to repair other two monitor, but if possible to recover one of two it's ok for me, This two monitor are simply the same, circuit is the same, tube is the same, flyback is the same HR7533 model. I have a new HR7533...
  11. D

Commodore 1084 (1081) Monitor problem

Hi at all, another question for my pieces in collection... I have buyed an old 1084 Monitor (without S on model number) in not working condition. It's arrived 3 days ago and i have opened it for checking. The monitor board don't have any problem, abount 2 capacitors in lost and i have replaced...
  12. D

TRS80 Model 3 - Alternative monitor

Hello, now I have a question for a TRS80 Model III, this computer was sent to me from the USA but during the trip it suffered serious damage, the CRT tube cracked at the neck and also two fixing brackets breaking sent to slam the CRT, with all its weight, against the flyback which in turn...
  13. D

Commodore 128 - Very hard to repair!

Hi to all, 2 year ago i have turned on my C128 and after 3 hour of gaming in C64 mode i have turned off it...Again, in the same day, i have returned it on but without use it, only stay on in C128 mode. About after 10 minute the screen going to black, in both mode C64 or C128. This with a normal...
  14. D

Macintosh Classic issue

Hi to all, again with a questions and sorry for my english. I have buyed a Mac Classic computer (probably 512k because it have a little ram board connected on the logic board but without sim inserted and jumper setted on SIM NOT INSTALLED). The system not boot up and the screen turn on with a...
  15. D

Osborne 1 5" internal monitor issue

Sorry for duplicate post, but i have opened previus in a wrong thread. Hi at all, i have my osborne1 with an issue, i have replaced RIFA caps on power supply before turning it on, because shield of this caps are cracked, then i have revised and replaced all electrolitic caps on power supply...
  16. D

Osborne 1 repair troubleshoting

Hi at all, i have my osborne1 with an issue, i have replaced RIFA caps on power supply before turning it on, because shield of this caps are cracked, then i have revised and replaced all electrolitic caps on power supply too. Turning on machine i have a little beep, drive leds blink fast one...
  17. D

Olivetti M240 Repairing

Hi to all from center Italy, and sorry for my english, i have necessity of support for my two Olivetti M240, both have same problem but i'm stuck on this from 2 week without solution. On line i d'ont found any schematics for testing with scope or other instrument. Pratically i'm a computer...
Back