• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

TRS-80 Game - Emperor

I've been hijacking the 'Help Please' thread, apologies. I've found the .BAS file for the EMPEROR game, but it's tokenised basic and my efforts to untokenise have not worked so far. I'm getting a result, line numbers are fine, some keywords might be ok, but many are not. I can guess what some...
  2. G

Trashed directory on 100Mb ZIP disk

I thought my ZIP disks were still fine, but I just discovered one is not. The disk in question is the one that came with the drive WAY back (prob just after the Zip 100 was first released. Had the ZIP 'tools' etc on, but I think I've put some other 'system' files on it. When I try the disk...
  3. G

BASIC Random Files

I seem to remember from long ago that one of the old BASIC systems (original MS BASIC ?) had a supposed 'quirk' that was potentially useful. If you create a Random file, and immed add, say, record 100 as a valid record, and then close the file, you in effect preserve all the garbage that might...
  4. G

Convert T64 file

Hello, I don't know anything about Commodore systems. I've downloaded a .T64 file which I understand contains the BASIC code for an Adventure Game 'The Revenge of Balrog'. I can examine the contents of the file, and a lot of the code looks like the correct code, so the literal text matches...
  5. G

Epson HX-20 - Saving prog/data to .WAV

Hello, I have an Epson HX-20, which is still working. I have the TF-20 disk unit as well, but this is presently not communicating. I had been saving progs to the microcassette, but I believe the rubber band has gone. I've also saved progs to normal cassette, this is still working OK, but...
  6. G

Flipper for Amstrad PCW/CP/M+

Does anyone know anything about a program published for the Amstrad PCW series back about 1989/92 called Flipper. Went through 3 versions, early versions allowed quick flip between LocoScript and CP/M (avoiding the usual need for a total re-boot) and version 3 (I think) extended this to allow...
  7. G

Novell Netware

Any interest here in 'vintage' software? When I started with computers way back about 1990, we used to install Novell Netware systems as well as do software for them. I certainly remember installing all the software for Novell 2.2, and I think I even did a couple of 3.1 (or was it 3.11) as...
  8. G

System /36 Basic

One of my first programming experiences was doing some work on my employer's /36 system, using the interpreted BASIC. This version of the language seemed a fairly interesting version, I was very influenced by the INPUT FIELD system, I went on to implement similar processes using both BASIC and...
Back