• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. hagelaars

Dolch PAC display not working

Two weeks ago I bought a Dolch PAC 62. Everything seemed ok, except the display. When I turned it on, the display was readable, but with interference every few seconds. I thought that it could be the cables from the video card to the display. There are two cables in between: a 10-pin and a...
  2. hagelaars

Compaq Portable 486 graphics card issues

I replaced the screen from a broken 486c (with working screen) on a monochrome. After replacing I found that the graphics care isn't working properly anymore. The card is only working on VGA out (on an external screen), but not working anymore via the ribbon cable. It seems that the ribbon...
  3. hagelaars

Compaq Portable 486/66 screen issues

Just bought a Compaq Portable 486/66 with a monochrome screen. The computer looks perfect, and so all the hardware inside. Even 32MB of RAM. I took it over from the first owner, he said he hadn't started the computer up anymore for 20 years. I even found the original software on the harddisk...
  4. hagelaars

How to set up two 5.25" floppydrives properly?

Hi all, I'm trying to set up two old 5.25" floppydrives. I use a retro floppycable, one HD floppydrive and one DD floppydrive. Please see image with more details. Bios settings are: Floppy drive A: 1,2M, 5.25" Floppy drive B: 360k, 5.25" The drives are not working properly.. I guess it has...
  5. hagelaars

Compaq Portable 486 for sale (repair of parts)

I have this item for sale on Ebay. Located in the Netherlands and available for all countries in Europe. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331903501007?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  6. hagelaars

Compaq Portable 486/ 486c - wont boot MS-DOS after EISA reset

Hi, I have another problem with my compaq portable. I was trying to setting up another hard drive in it. I couldn't find the right SoftPaq to setup my system in a right way. Finally I found the right softpaq, but I couldn't write over the settings. For this reason, a forum member told me that...
  7. hagelaars

Monochrome screen for Compaq Portable 486/66

I'm looking for a working monochrome screen that fits a Compaq Portable 486. Mine is broken and displays vertical lines only.. Thanks.
  8. hagelaars

Compaq Portable 486/ 486c - Setup new harddisk - need right diagnostics

Dear forum members, First of all, I'm very happy that I found this forum. I love vintage computers.. but it takes a lot of time to repair and maintain them. I got a Compaq Portable 486 with a broken harddisk. It had a Conner 120 MB in it. I replaced this one with an IBM 320MB. The disk seem to...
Back