• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. V

Buzz from speaker on hacked Mac Color Classic

I've installed mini-ITX motherboard into Color Classic. All works well except the speaker produce quite loud buzzing sound that changes with what is shown on the screen. The loudness of buzz increases with the contrast of the image on screen: it is loudest on full-screen linux terminal filled...
  2. V

Creating CPAM image for smartportsd HD on apple 2c ZRAM board

I recently hooked up smartportsd device to apple 2c that has ZRAM Utra 3 board installed. After patching the firmware to report images of size 800K as "DISK 3.5" floppy I was able to run CPAM60UF.com to make the image bootable to CPAM 5.1 on the board. Now I wanted to have a bigger sized hard...
  3. V

What language is used for code examples in VAX VMS manuals?

So I've got these VMS programming manuals for free from this thread (thanks @thephysicist) and started emerging myself into time warp reading paper manual that requires sizable desk space for comfortable paging. I started from the roots: "Guide to VMS Programming Resources" (AA-LA57A-TE). Very...
  4. V

VT220 with pidp11

I connected vt220 to pidp11 via serial console. When I press help key in ked under rt11 the graphic characters are not shown, here is screenshot: KED V01.27 Lower Function is GOLD lqqqqqqqqqqqwqqqqqqqqqqqwqqqqqqqqqqqwqqqqqqqqqqqk x x...
  5. V

ZX +2: red stripes over green field

I have this ZX spectrum +2 that I installed composite mod. The problem is that it now shows random red stripes over green color (and green stripes over red color). See attached screen recording: it shows a field of spaces printed in green color, with these random red stripes running over it...
  6. V

ISO CP/M boot disk for Z-Ram ultra 3 board for Apple 2c by Applied Engineering

Surprisingly little information on internet for CP/M function of this board. And no trace of boot disk image that I could find. Probably it was not very popular to run CP/M on apple 2c. But why then would people pay extra for this function. Over the years I came twice on those. Now I have a...
  7. V

Interesting read on ebay

RARE Original Apple-1 Computer from 1976, Fully Operational and Signed by Woz starting at $0.99, currently at $336,100.00 after 111 bids. The auction has long winded description worth reading by itself. Anyway to save this auction in its final stage on bitsavers? (nah, just kidding)
  8. V

How to create FreHD auto-boot image (for model 4)?

I created a new image with `vhdutl`, partitioned it with `rshard6` and formatted with `rsform6`, then I copied with `backup` the first partition of auto-boot `lsdos` image from Ian's archive. My image is not included in FreHD boot menu. I tried renaming it to `lsdos` while renaming original to...
  9. V

ISO Mycroft Labs Compat or similar software

I was intrigued to find on zorba archives at www.zorba.z80.de an advertisement and disk image for this software. The list of supported disk formats is impressive, so I thought that it would be really useful to have this on machine equiped with gotek usb floppy emulator for the purpose of...
  10. V

Finicky 8251A

So I've got this Zorba machine with toasted keyboard. Well, the only part that can toast in this keyboard is this mc68705 thing that is programmed by first burning a 2716 eprom and then hard-wiring it to the target to transfer content. My common sense was seriously offended by the whole setup...
  11. V

VAX/VMS sources on microfiche listed on ebay

I have a watch on this seller, as he sometime lists interesting DEC items. Today he listed a bomb (I think) https://www.ebay.com/itm/224525771131 Shall we consider starting a fundraiser for buying this cooperatively and donating to bitsavers?
  12. V

ZCPR3 for Montezuma CP/M on TRS-80 M4

I've really got used to zcpr on Kaypro, and now having created a bootable 800K MM CP/M image for gotek, I really miss zcpr functionality. For Kaypro it came with a nice installer on micro cornucopia disks. I started to look for something similar for MM. And I have found this archive that...
  13. V

Reset DEC professional without power cycling

Is there a way to reset a DEC professional machine without cycling power? Something like ctrl-alt-del on PC? There seem to be no hardware buttons for reset. Since the monitor is powered from the machine's power supply I hate power cycle its high voltage circuitry every time I need to reset the...
  14. V

Seeking advice on replacing tape belt on Epson PX-8 Geneva

The tape belt on my unit is stretched from age resulting in complete stops when playing and winding in forward direction. I tried boiling the belt, but that did not help. Does anyone know some source for replacement with original part or compatible? I presume that HX-20 has the same tape...
  15. V

In search of game seen only on Data General Eclipse

Here is the story: in my younger days I had an exclusive access to DG Eclipse C-350 and a large software library for it on tapes. On one tape I found a Star Trek game written on basic. This was not that trek game with 10x10 sector grid of dots common at that time. It was a turn based flight...
  16. V

free vintage TI-99/4A

Here is an ad on local CL: https://iowacity.craigslist.org/sys/d/iowa-city-free-vintage-ti-99-4a/7158349089.html I already have one and do not have space for another one. If anyone would want to get this for a cost of shipping please contact the owner and then let me know. I can pick it up...
  17. V

Virtual drive for generic CP/M

Does anyone know of any software to add a virtual drive to CP/M? Something similar to Commodore CP/M E: drive. The need is mostly to copy files in a single drive system. The target is (naturally) gotek drive with flash floppy firmware. In general it seems that such functionality has to be...
  18. V

Blurred video RGB on LCD monitor

I have two identical old video cards for macintosh nubus both showing the same problem when connected to LCD monitor: the RGB color components are shifted with respect to each other so that white area gets green fringe on one border and red on the opposite. When the same monitor is connected...
  19. V

Looking for DateStamper for ZTIME-1 Clock board

My kaypro came with an obscure z-time clock board. While searching for any information about it I found this nice review from 1987 in comp.os.cpm through google groups (you might need to expand the first post in order to see actual review). The review mentions DateStamper (DS) software from...
  20. V

Vinatge computer books/catalogs related to Apple II

Here is another rolling sale, this time for vintage computer books and catalogs, mostly related to Apple II computers. This sale is not quite auction as there is no set end date, but it is somewhat similar as items will be sold to the best offer according to rules below. Please read and...
Back