• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Dragon 32 weird screen.

I just tried my old Dragon 32 and... tragedy! A strange weird green screen. It changes and can have more or less chars. I have tried to look for similar issues but I have found only plain green screen. Any ideas?
  2. F

Atari SF354 with weird PSU connector.

I have found an SF354 with a weird PSU connector and I cannot find any info to make an adapter... :-( The connector is a female DIN7... do somebody has info about it? Thank you
  3. F

Sinclair QL with SPEM Floppy Disk sistem 1.16 (sistem with the "i" and not the "y")

I have some drives but I haven't seen any jumper! :-( Perhaps they are under the external metal skin... I have tried what you proposed, I have disconnected the 5.25 drive and connected a modern 3.5 one but it does not work. I am afraid this is a limit of the SPEM HW... I have tried the same with...
  4. F

Sinclair QL with SPEM Floppy Disk sistem 1.16 (sistem with the "i" and not the "y")

DS1 or DS2 in modern floppy drive? The type is chosen with the cable... or not? 🧐
  5. F

Robotron KC87 - The situation is weird

Hello, I have bought a Robotron KC87 assuming it was working and it is, in a weird way. When I turn it on, it shows a page full of coloured squares. After some seconds this page lifts (as expected) and I get a red page with a cursor. If I type BASIC it switches to the blue page. It is a...
  6. F

Dear Group, I have been given a system like the subject. Everything has been ok for some minutes... I have been able to read a dir of a floppy and then to launch a program from that floppy. Then I wanted to make a case with two black floppies, one 5.25 and one 3.5 (both included in the kit, but...
  7. F

XT clone not booting (it prevents the PSU from starting).

Thank you for your help. I erased the EPROM and burnt the v3.1 and now the computer starts! I have to reconnect everything and today I cannot but I am happy! :)
  8. F

I resocketed all chips (RAM chips apart, assuming that a bad RAM chip would not prevent the computer to start) and the computer behaves in the same way: it boots and after some seconds it start a continuous intermittend beeping. I have seen that one BIOS is different than the other and "I hope"...
  9. F

It seems that I cannot have an Archimedes.

My A3000 is the UK one so that it has "only" link 24 and 25. I have simply tried all 4 possible combinations and I had no results (I have not tried without any jumper in link 25, since it is not supposed to do). Please note that in my first picture of the video I have canceled a sentence in my...
  10. F

Apple IIe with color monitor Apple M0401Z.

My first idea was simply to have a position with all Apple HW... even if it's possible (100 model apart) I think it's tough and I do not have big competencies in this field. I have a Philips color monitor with composite input... I think I will give it a try... :-o
  11. F

I did not know the 100 before today. I think it is too rare to hope to have one (rate and obviously expensive). I knew about the RGB issue but this could be easy... I have found tools with composite input and RGB (or other types) output. The Hfreq is the issue... 😔
  12. F

I feared this. Does exist a (cheap) tool that can modify the H-frequency? I tried to search but I am not been lucky.
  13. F

Hello, I would like to connect my Apple IIe to a colour monitor and I would like to use an Apple one. I have a M0401Z and it could be a good solution but I am not an expert in Apple HW and I know that Apple monitors are not so flexible. Do I have a chance?
  14. F

In the meantime I have found 24 and 25...
  15. F

I have also found the attached PDF. So I have to work on five links (I suppose the first two are the most important). Now I look for their position. I am not at home in these days but I will try next weekend. Thank you
  16. F

It's an A3000. Is this one of the Archimedes to configure? Please find attached the photo of the cable I bought.
  17. F

Hello, I have been looking for an Archimedes at a decent price for years and then I found it. The issue is that I cannot get a clear image (and probably other issues) as it can be seen in the attached picture, using the mono connector that I suppose is a composite one, right? I have also...
  18. F

Apple IIe with weird screens at boot.

I tried with no results. So I decided to use my mental superpower to convince the Apple IIe to work... with, again, no results. I suppose that, at a certain time, the Apple IIe used its mental superpower to remember me that not all slots are the same and the order of the cards is important (or...
  19. F

Apple IIe with weird screens at boot.

A small step. The diagnostic reports "Kernel OK". If I start the computer with the card I have the "garbled screes", then I reset the computer and evrything is ok. If now I turn off and on the computer (3 seconds, no more) the computer starts in the right way!!! This is stable. What IOU chips...
  20. F

No chance to do this work this weekend for personal issues... I am leaving again! :-( I will do ASAP.
Back