• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

SiNet (maybe SI-Net or just SINET)

I'm looking at a service data package from a kind of data entry terminal, and the documentation indicates that the host interface is SINET, an 800K (doesn't say bps or Bps) synchronous network. Each node is assigned a numeric value from 0 to 255 via binary DIP switches on the interface card...
  2. S

Interrupt handler in 8086 assembler

Hello all! Long time, no type...I'm pretty sure it's been a few years since I hit this forum. Someone has really spiffed up the place. I'm posed with an interesting task, though I must admit the practical applications are limited. I'm writing an interrupt handler to intercept data from a...
  3. S

Mac Performa & Printer

I hope this is considered Vintage, though I'm not sure how old it is: Mac Performa 5200CD + Personal Laserwriter 320 I don't really know much about them, except that the person who owned them put them back in their original boxes when he was done with them. As far as stuff in the box, I don't...
  4. S

Intel 8085 Assembly -- Unsupported OpCodes

I came across a rather obscure text document during a google search that indicated there were OpCodes in the 8085 processor that were unsupported and therefore undocumented in the Intel manuals. As some of you may know, I've been deeply involved in and 8085 assembly project for the last couple...
  5. S

I don't want to complain, but....

...why can't I put more than one space in a row when posting? For example, I chose a fixed font and typed up a section of source code, using spaces for the appropriate indents (Tab leaves the edit box), but when the post is saved the spaces disappear and everything starts from the left...
  6. S

Macintosh HDI-20 External 1.4MByte FDD

New, still in original shipping container, looks to be in marvelous shape. I found an invoice inside that reports it was purchased by a reseller from Merisel Americas, Inc. on 10/13/1995 for $119.00 plus shipping and handling. The list price on this unit is $199.00. The unit is a charcoal...
  7. S

FTAGH: Macintosh System 7.5 Update

Install disks for Mac System 7.5 Update 2.0 -- 14 disks plus a few miscellaneous Mac disks. You pay shipping, send me a PM...
  8. S

Maxtron Computer Cassette Unit

For Sale: Maxtron Computer Cassette storage device, Model DC01. I don't have much information on these, but from the picture on the box they are obviously for loading and storing computer programs on cassette tapes. The connector appears to be a form of card edge connector, with 6 contacts...
  9. S

IBM 4690 Series POS

I hope this will pass in off-topic, it's not quite vintage yet, but getting there... I have an IBM POS system (6 complete terminals plus parts, the on-line controller and some supplies) I'm looking to offload. It was pulled from a Sak's store a few years back, but I never used it for what I...
  10. S

NCR Model 53 Accounting Machine

OK, this is a little off-topic, and if the moderators object feel free to take it down... It's off topic because this machine isn't actually a computer, but rather a mechanical device. It is, however, very vintage. Originally purchased in the late 1950s by Vulcan Materials, right here in...
  11. S

OS/2 Warp 4

I hate to start an off-topic, but I'm kind of at wits end... I have installed Warp 4, with fixpack 15 on an IBM Thinkpad X20. The correct network and video drivers are in place. The installation actually went very smoothly, compared to most Warp installs. Unfortunately, when I try to open a...
  12. S

Decompile/Disassemble Business Basic

I'm looking for a program that will decompile a module written in a flavor of business basic, and executed by BASRUN.EXE. There is an accounting package I used for years, and I had to shelve it because of date issues. Now, I would really like to be able to dust it off and use it again. The...
  13. S

Intel 8041/8741 Assembly Language

I have been trying to locate an assembly language/programming manual for an Intel 8041 (ROM version) / 8741 (EPROM Version) microcontroller. I've found books that show the mnemonics, but not the actual Op Codes. I'm trying to disassemble a ROM-resident program. I thought the 8051 or 8x49...
  14. S

Intel 8085 on the S100 Bus

I have found various specifications for using the S100 bus for a single-board computer running the Intel 8080 or Zilog Z80 processors (think Altair/Imsai), but I would like to know if there is a specification for the extra signals on the Intel 8085 processor, namely Restart 5.5, Restart 6.5...
  15. S

Any hardware designers in the house?

I have scematics for a POS device designed around the Intel 8085A CPU. I would like some changes made to the schematics, and have them saved as (I think) a Gerber file, so they could be sent to a 1-up vendor for manufacturing. There are two primary changes I would like to make: First, I would...
  16. S

Greetings

Good morning, I'm Dylan, I go by the handle Sweda Guy. Some of the members may recongnize Sweda as a manufacturer of Point-of-Sale equipment. The ceased operations in the US in the early '90s. I'm one of very few people left who will still support and maintain their hardware and software...
Back