• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Apple ][ ROM Card

My prototype boards arrived today for the new card I'm working on. The address decode/remap code for the GAL still needs to be written, but I should have production boards ready to ship in 2 or 3 weeks.
  2. D

Older 80286 packages

A few weeks back I was repairing a 5170 motherboard and needed a new CPU in the PGA-68 package, i couldn't find one locally and the best price i could find internationally was about $30. Fortunately I was able to salvage one from non standard board that I will probably never use. Today it...
  3. D

Sometimes I love exploding capacitors

Along with the 5170 I picked up on the weekend I also got 3 XT clones and a number of XT and 286 motherboards. One of the 286 clone boards has a socketed Dallas RTC, so no battery leak damage and easy to modify to use an external battery. I thought great an easy repair. That thought was short...
  4. D

Ibm 5170

I picked up a 5170 today and took a quick look at it tonight. The case has some surface rust. The motherboard (Type 1) is dead (FF on the post card) The power supply is dead. The Maxtor XT-1085 hard drive spun up once but wont spin up again. The AST Rampage 286 is fully populated but untested...
  5. D

Apple clone ROM cards (z80+64k)

I have three Apple clone boards that lack the ROM card they need to operate. They are the type of board that has a 16k RAM card and Z80 included on the motherboard and due to a lack of motherboard space used a modified slot 0 designed to accept a custom ROM card. The cards were typically...
  6. D

Z80 disassembler C code

I was thinking of adding the ability to list code in memory to the arduino based z80 bus exerciser. Does anyone have or know of some open source code that wont take a huge amount of effort to port to the Arduino?
  7. D

Low cost Z80 ICE

For those that are not aware I've recently created an Arduino Mega2560 shield that allows you to manipulate the bus of a Z80 target system. It allows you to read and write to memory and IO ports to help identify faults in the target. For those that are interested it is based on this project...
  8. D

Modern Saturn 128 redesign.

Yesterday I completed the circuit design for a Saturn 128k compatible ram card and sent for 10 prototype pcb's to be made. I still need to write the GAL code but that shouldn't be too difficult. It will probably be a couple of months away because I didn't elect to pay for expedited shipping of...
  9. D

WTB: High density XT floppy controller

I'm looking to a high density floppy controller for an XT. Preferably in Australia but willing to look further afield if the price is right.
  10. D

TRS-80 diagnostic/ICE card

I have a very sick model 1 that is proving to be a pain to repair due to cut tracks and other issues due to old bad mods (not mine). I'm toying with building a card that will plug onto the expansion connector (possibly cpu socket) to allow an external processor to manipulate the board for...
  11. D

80286 BIOS needed

I have an old full size 20286 AT motherboard that is missing the BIOS chips. The board is based on the original AT design and does not use an integrated chipset.
  12. D

TRS80 Clone schematics

I've been meaning to do this for quite some time because they are probably the only surviving copy of these schematics. These schematics are for a machine called "Komtek 1", the machine was built in Hong Kong back in 1983. Most museum sites incorrectly attribute the machine to the distributor of...
  13. D

Compaq Prolinea 466

I just obtained a 486 DX100 Compaq but I'm having issues getting to the BIOS. The IDE drive is came with sounds like its had a head crash. It happily counts RAM up to 8MB, it then accesses the floppy to detect its presence. and then... nothing. I've tried it with the faulty hard drive, no...
  14. D

Boards that fail to post.

This board came from a recycler and while not a first generation pentium board it has something to offer in the way of information When I got it, it failed with a post code of C1, the BIOS was unable to detect the RAM installed. To solve the problem I replaced the bloated electrolytic...
  15. D

Mac Plus boot disk

I just picked up a Mac plus (M0001a) with keyboard and mouse for $20 at a recycler. It had intermittent video due to a cable on the analog board needing reseating, while I had it open I checked the caps in the analog board and the electrolytics all look good but the rifa caps needed replacing...
  16. D

Microsoft LAN Client on XT (8088)

Does anyone have this working on an 8088 or V20? I've tried an RTL8019 based card in an 8 bit slot and got nowhere. I closest I have come is with an Intel EtherExpress PRO/10. The driver will load but tcptsr fails complaining it needs an 80286. So to get around that problem I followed the...
  17. D

XT-IDE and SMC

I tried to get XT-IDE running in an SMC network card and it just doesn't activate the rom. The eprom works fine in a 3com network card and also in ne2000 knockoffs so I know the eprom is good. I thought perhaps the card was faulty so I bought a new smc isa card, still shrink wrapped and it has...
  18. D

MG-150 MDA card

I have a DFI MG-150 with a faulty character generator ROM. The chip is labeled "UM2333-0201 DFI 2005" It appears to be a ROM version of a 2732, the board can also be socketed to accept a 2764. Would anyone happen to have an image file of this ROM so I can make a replacement? This is the...
  19. D

Time II Clock Card

I'm looking for a schematic for a Time II Clock Card. I have one here that kind of works. It was in really bad shape due to poor storage and a leaking battery. I also suspect that the copper on the pcb was not cleaned before tinning during manufacture. Every joint I desoldered went back to...
  20. D

Need help to identify this graphic card

I got this card from a client as part of a bulk lot to test and repair. Based on the chips it is some type of hires analog video card. But exactly what card and how to test it eludes me. It has no ROM on the card so I assume it requires drivers or purpose built software to support it, hence the...
Back