• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. MissArgent

Compaq Portable motherboard, late revision?

So, I'm still hacking away at the Baby Blue and i've switched over to my Compaq Portable, the machine I intend it to go in. While poking around (and cleaning up some embarrassing early socket/replace work on the 8237 from years ago), I remembered something unusual: The motherboard doesn't really...
  2. MissArgent

Difficulty with expansion RAM on Baby Blue II multicard

So, I'm trying to set up a Baby Blue II IO multicard/Z80 co-processor board I snagged at VCF Midwest back in September. I'm currently trying to rig it to work with my IBM 5155 (256k, motherboard max) to start, but despite the internal diagnostics (TESTBBII.EXE) giving the RAM a pass the PC...
  3. MissArgent

Midwest WTB: SuperMicro SC850 chassis front control panel PCB (Power/reset/alarm off sw)

So, I've got myself a server build going with a MS440GX board at the heart! Issue is, the SuperMicro SC850 chassis I've got seems to be missing some important parts. This board in particular is pretty important., as it controls the fans for the entire machine. It may be what the power, reset...
  4. MissArgent

Midwest (WTB) Compupro Disk 1A (Not Disk 1)

(Photo - S100computers/J. Monahan) Looking for a known good board or a board without any immediately disqualify defects, shipping OK. Will be ready to buy Friday (6/19). Some visual identifiers to look out for: A board that made it out of factory QA ok will have three stickers: yellow, green...
  5. MissArgent

Midwest I/O Shield for MS440GX (MarlinSpike)

I'm building myself a Slot 2 workstation since the chassis and motherboard came into my life cheap, and I need an I/O shield - anyone got anything that'd work? This board was a relatively common intel reference design, so while i'm using Gateway's OEM variant (which omits some ports) there's...
  6. MissArgent

Apple IIGS having issues with audio playback under GS/OS 6.0.1

So, I recently got my GS built up with a ReactiveMicro Drive and a Briel 4MB RAM card. Things were going smoothly, but suddenly I've found myself noticing some odd behavior on the sound side of things. The sound control panel DONKs at me just fine and SynthLab plays back properly too, but other...
  7. MissArgent

Third-height frames

So, I've got a Z-171 I wanna get going. The floppy drives won't floppy, however, and having crossed paths with this sort of drive on the Telcon Zorba i'm suspecting cap issues off the bat. My plan B is to install a pair of Goteks since I don't really feel like wrestling with them that hard...
  8. MissArgent

VCF Midwest Wanteds

Midwest isn't far off! I've got some things I'll be hunting for - some not so easy to ship. If anyone can provide and will be attending, hit me up! A sturdy color RGB display, ideally a PVM/BVM of about 10" or smaller. Possessing RGBS inputs or can be made to handle RGBS inputs. This will be...
  9. MissArgent

VCF Midwest: Help a Chicagolander thin the herd!

I'm trying to cut things back a bit and recoup some losses on bad projects I took on - If anyone's hitting up Chicago in September, I've got a list of stuff for perusal here. If anything strikes your eye, let me know and make an offer! I'm local, too, so anyone in the immediate vicinity of the...
  10. MissArgent

WTB: Working MiniScribe 8425 (20MB 3.5” ST506) -- Hard Disk Recovery Donor

So, my TeleCOMPAQ is working now - but data recovery on the integral HDD (which potentially contains undumped system software tailored to the machine) has stalled out, since the Hall Effect sensor dumped a bunch of 12V where it doesn't belong -- directly into one of the custom chips. Me and my...
  11. MissArgent

WTB, IL USA: Any Apple SuperDrive FDD, Auto-injecting

I've got a Mac IIsi I'm turning into my workbench for mac-ly things, and the floppy drive seems to have some issues that might be head damage. With that in mind, I need a replacement. Anyone got a spare (or two) auto-injector SuperDrive diskette drive they can send me? Spare drives are fine, but...
  12. MissArgent

Wanted: Three 68-pin, 9 or 18gb SCSI drives

I'm trying to get my NetServer E800 back to a stockish configuration since the single 300GB drive and awkward 80 to 68 pin adapter I've got to use is annoying me. Anyone got some spares? Don't have any exact models, unfortunately, though they seem to be Ultra160. Thanks. 18GB preferred.
  13. MissArgent

Sanyo VM 4509 DC adapter

So, I've got a Sanyo VM 4509 that needs to be powered via the DC adapter, which is a little unusual since all of the photos i've found online show a cable built in the monitor. the system doesn't mention the exact amperage it needs anywhere, but does identify it as needing 12 volts center...
  14. MissArgent

Zenith Z-171: Floppy drive DIP settings

So, I snagged a 171. Only problem is neither of the floppy drives work, and it's not a simple cleanliness issue either. Thing is, the machine's DIP settings at intake don't align to the reference chart in the service manual at all in spite of the drive model being a match (Okidata GM3315 third...
  15. MissArgent

TeleCOMPAQ: Phoning it in

"The Telecompaq reportedly targets managers in medium- to large-size corporations who are not presently computer users and combines an IBM Personal Computer-compatible micro with a host of voice/data communications functions." --Computerworld 4/1/1985 So, I've snagged a TeleCOMPAQ! It's...
  16. MissArgent

DEC VT-510: Inescapable NVR Error

So, I got my first terminal - a DEC VT-510 at a solid price. Sounded like it would be fine - only issue was a NVR error on boot. Figured that'd be simple enough - the manual doesn't mention anything about RTC batteries, but I should be able to just restore the defaults and get along fine, right...
  17. MissArgent

Wanted: Compaq SLT/386s 20, charger (or just charger cable)

Still on the hunt after snagging a few dud machines. Looking to pay in the ballpark of $80-$100+shipping. Machine must be in Known good shape - Is able to POST but has a dead RTC inhibiting further use - or better.
  18. MissArgent

Wanted: Compaq LTE Lite4/33c-specific DOS 6.00 and Windows 3.1 distributions

So, I've got a LTE Lite4/33c that's been sloppily upgraded to a newer version of DOS and Windows 95 using generic media. This isn't optimal, so I'd like to roll it back before I just go for generics. Anyone happen to have images of the machine's specific software on hand? It seems like some of...
  19. MissArgent

Thinkpad 755C with dead backlight: Worth replacing? Possible to replace?

I got a pile of 486s from a coworker earlier: Two AT&T Globalysts and a Thinkpad 755C. The former two didn't have any clearing issues, a dead HDD on one globalyst aside, but the Thinkpad's got a dead LCD backlight. Is addressing that a fool's errand or is it worth a shot? Are there any common...
  20. MissArgent

WTB: Compaq SLT 386s/20 with charger

So, I'm on the hunt for a SLT with the weird charger! Anyone got one they can spare? thanks! Don't worry about the CMOS battery or the main battery if you haven't, I can handle that - a bad HDD may not be an obstacle either. My ballpark price is $50-$100 plus shipping, per the advice I received...
Back