• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. AndyG

Superpet Combo board not working

Check the 5 v regulators on the combo board ? Just a quick thought. They can be prone to failure.
  2. AndyG

Superpet Combo board not working

I haven't read all the threads so apologies if this has been covered ... The Superpet character rom is different to the normal character rom.... it's a 4k rom with th PET switching to the upper bank when in Superpet mode. You need to burn a Superpet char rom. This can be found on Zimmers.net
  3. AndyG

Can you identify this 8032 add-on board?

I think it’s a rom expansion board attached to $9000 and $A000 …. The 901472-04 rom looks like the protection rom used for visicalc (they used a printer rom). Normally the commercial version is painted over black. The board doubles the number of roms.
  4. AndyG

PET and CBM no video

That good …. have Fun playing around with it … then when you have finished maybe you want to try a OS/9 board add on 😊 needs to be built up but another world for the SuperPET
  5. AndyG

PET and CBM no video

Sent you a PM on a different issue
  6. AndyG

PET and CBM no video

Assuming the protection board still works. If not will extract your .d64 images for him if needed.
  7. AndyG

PET and CBM no video

Try this - extract the zip files on the the SD2PET SD card. Type edit or basic and see what happens. If it doesn't load in lower case try upper case
  8. AndyG

PET and CBM no video

If I get a moment I will send you the waterloo files in a zip file and not in a .d64 image. You can use cbmxfer to extract files out from a .d64 image. The Waterloo programs are contained in a .d64 image. You can open the image in basic using the commands found on the sd2pet sheet.
  9. AndyG

PET and CBM no video

It think it works in 6809 mode but you have to extra out the images into the root directory. Then I think it will work
  10. AndyG

PET and CBM no video

The challenge with the Tynemouth SD2PET is that the superpet files are contained in .d64 images …. You can open the image in basic fine but when you flick the switch to go to 6809 mode the Sd2pet resets also and haven’t figured out yet how to open a .d64 image in the native mode. You would need...
  11. AndyG

PET and CBM no video

I normally leave things to Hugo and Dave but if It’s the monitor r752/753 should be checked… they fail often .. and go open circuit … encountered that several times. They act as fuses. measure them with your meter for their resistance value … though you may have to remove them or one leg to get...
  12. AndyG

Commodore 8250LP drive won't format

.d80 image
  13. AndyG

Try this .....
  14. AndyG

The diagnostic program for the 8250lp also tests both heads … it’s in the 8296d diagnostic image. not by laptop to find the link. The program will show speed so you can adjust and also then you can do a radial alignment check for both heads
  15. AndyG

Dave, …. changing the caps is a must as they are certain to leak … which can also cause issues with the drive. Sorting that first by following the procedure outlined in the link I provided is the first cause of action in my humble opinion…. There are many occasions where it breaks tracks due to...
  16. AndyG

Don’t quite follow Dave. The read write heads can read a floppy but the 8250 is double sided so you may not be exercising the upper head and using the lower head. That’s why it can be configured as a 8050 The first thing as a must is to replace the caps and then check the speeds using the dial...
  17. AndyG

I was unable to fix the format issue on one of my drives as the upper head was faulty and converted the drive to a 8050
  18. AndyG

One other bit of help .. have you replaced the capacitors on the drive boards ? If not you must as they will leak. There is a much better link from this website on how to dismantle the drive and replace the caps. I have refurbished 3 units and found the same issue as you with one of them but...
  19. AndyG

Have you cleaned the heads and checked the speed ? If you have then likely the top head is faulty…
  20. AndyG

Datasette Repair/Calibration

Quick question : Have you replaced the belts ?
Back