• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Compaq "tweener" computer

I have a Compaq Presario computer for sale. It has a fresh install of Windows ME on it via the restore partition. I think it would make a good "tweener", especially if the 32X CD-ROM drive was replaced with a 5.25" drive. If I was keeping it I would install Win 98 SE on it. It is new enough...
  2. K

Mac Plus video issue

I just picked up a Mac Plus cheap. No keyboard or mouse. Insides look fairly clean so I turned it on. I get a vertical bar about 1/2 inch wide that does look to have an image in it. The computer gives one long beep when turned on. I tried putting a System 6.07 options disk in it and turning...
  3. K

VGA card mystery

For some time now my Commodore Colt with a Video Seven VGA-16D card in it has had an intermittent problem. Sometimes when turned on there would be no video. Usually turning it off and back on would cause it to work. Friday it wouldn't come on so I tried cleaning the card edge of the card...
  4. K

Commodore PC BIOS chips

This seller http://myworld.ebay.com/uniquesoftware has a supply of BIOS chips for PC10/20/30/&40 Commodore computers. I just bought a 4.41 (latest I think) chip for my Commodore Colt (PC20-III). I had just bought an EPROM burner and was actually looking for blank EPROMs when I found this...
  5. K

Dell Optiplex GX240

This isn’t quite vintage, but I bought this computer cheap from eBay last week. It needed a power supply and the CPU cooling fan was missing. After buying and installing them, it works great. The XP Pro install was invalid, so I installed using one of my activation keys. It wouldn’t activate...
  6. K

PC-Tools Deluxe 6

I purchases this off eBay recently. Installed it tonight on my Commodore Colt. It is great having a tool kit for DOS again. Going though the programs brought back fond memories. Compress and System Information alone are worth what I paid. I need to use Mirror soon and then try Backup. I...
  7. K

Backpack 1.44 driver and PC-speaker sound

I'm not sure if this belongs in hardware or software. I just got one of these drives from Chuck(G) and tried it on my Commodoe Colt. Works great, but then I loaded up King's Bounty and the sound wasn't working right. Investigation showed it to be caused by having backpack.sys loaded. I then...
  8. K

ST351 A/X in a Commodore Colt

I tried to install this drive in my Colt tonight. The "Hard drive not found" message went away, but fdisk sees a non-DOS partition that it won't delete. The drive was jumpered in AT mode when I received it. I have tried it jumpered as 40, 30, and 20 MB. They all show yep the non-DOS...
  9. K

Commodore Colt (PC10-III/PC20-III)

I watch eBay for these because it was my first IBM compatible computer. I saw one for $139 and noticed it was listed as having a standard IDE port. I wrote to tell the seller that this was an error, I had no intention to buy it. He thanked me and asked if I was interested. I told him I could...
  10. K

Latest BIOS for Commodore Colt (PC-10 III)

I just bought a Commodore COLT and a hard drive that should work with it. I believe I need a newer BIOS to use a 43MB drive. So I am looking for someone who can program one for me. I would, of course, be willing to pay a reasonable amount for this service.
  11. K

Wing Commander 1 on my 386

I got the computer to the point where I could load the diskette version of Wing Commander. I have a Vibra 16 in it as the sound card. emm386 loaded for expanded memory. When loading WC, it gets to the message "expanded memory detected" then starts to display another message, but reboots...
  12. K

Why does enabling cache RAM cause my 386DX to lock up during boot

Does this indicate bad cache RAM or controller? Or does it just mean an adapter doesn't like it?
  13. K

80386DX-33 rebuild

I bought this 292205359760 off of eBay because my curiosity got the better of me. I have a DTK DATA1000 XT turbo machine and this looks just like it. I was fairly sure there was no video card in it so I also bought a Video Seven ISA VGA adapter. It arrived the day after the computer...
  14. K

Disk on module (DOM) with another IDE devive on same cable

I have never been able to get a DOM to work on an IDE cable, so when I use one I can't have a second device. Has anyone gotten this to work? If so, please give precise instructions on what cable, adapter, etc. you used.
  15. K

Sound Blaster Pro 2

I am trying to finish setting up my 386 machine. I finally figured out the jumper settings to get both serial ports and the parallel port working at the correct adresses. Exactly backwards of whet it looked like. I have installed a Sound Blaster Pro 2 card and downloaded software from...
  16. K

Turtle Beach ASC338 PCI sound card

Hello. Does anyone have or know where I can get Windows 98SE drivers for this sound card? I tried searching the web, but just keep getting the pay for drivers sites that want to install their software to search my computer. If I can't get the drivers for this card...what card would you...
  17. K

Dell Dimension T500 Turtle Beach sound card

I'm not sure if this is old enough for this forum, but I don't know where else it would fit. I scored this computer for a reasonable price on eBay. Just the computer, no hard drive, keyboard or mouse. I stuck an 80gb IDE drive I had lying around in it and installed Win 98SE. Today I found...
  18. K

Video memory for HP Vectra VL series 3 5/75

I am looking for part number D3404A or 5063-7056. I don't have the specfications. It is a 72 pin SIMM and isn't as tall as most because it has to fit under the power supply. I thought I had found a supplier, but they cancelled my order because they didn't actually have the part.
  19. K

Tandon PC 333-202

I just bought a Tandan PC 333-202 off eBay. Just the computer, no keyvboard or anything. Its supposed to work. I haven't been able to find any information on the net. Does anyone know anything about this computer?
  20. K

1MB VRAM for HP Vectra HP part number D3404A

i thought I had a source, but they cancelled my order. 1MB VRAM for HP Vectra HP part number D3404A.
Back