• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Brother Super Power Note PN-8500MDS

I have a Brother word processor/laptop shipping to me. Not much information on it online other than owner's manual etc. It is supposed to be able to read/write to 3.5" disks with IBM formats, but is running a clone Z80 CPU. Has anyone determined if it is running some form of CP/M with shell or...
  2. D

RCA VP-3501?

I dug out a NOS still in the box RCA VP-3501 terminal and haven't seen much written about these things. Anyone else out there with one?
  3. D

Need help writing an IMG file to 5.25" floppy

I've D/L'ed from brijohn's github the msdos2.11.img for the Epson QX-16 and am trying to write a copy of i. I'm using the following setup: Greaseweazle 4.0 running GUI interface to a Panasonic JU-475-4 drive and have selected to write a img file. The msdos211.img is selected. I've failed in...
  4. D

Repairing aging plastics

Many of us have been seeking a solution to broken, cracked or missing plastics on vintage computes. I've tried epoxy, various glues and solvents to fix cracked plastics on laptop lids and other plastic parts. None have been a great success, IMHO. After tripping over the need to replace a missing...
  5. D

New England Wanted SuperCard Pro

Like the heading, looking for a working SuperCard Pro.
  6. D

Midwest Wanted - Epson QX16 DOS disks

I'll looking for a complete set of MS-DOS disks for the QX-16. I have a single DOS disk that boots to DOS, but lacks any of the utilities.
  7. D

New England Samsung 5.25" SFD-560D for sale

Used 5.25" Samsung SFD-560D floppy drive with cream/beige front plate. Sold as untested (AS-IS) and is located in Mid-Hudson region of NY - west of Danbury, CT Price $35 plus shipping
  8. D

New England Parts drive -- Panasonic JU-455-7C09

5.25" Panasonic JU-455 floppy drive with taupe faceplate. It has a cracked broken white plastic latch wedge (not the lever), but otherwise a complete drive (As-Is - untested). Price is $30 plus shipping. Mid-Hudson region of NY close to Danbury, CT. Wedge doesn't rotate and latch the head...
  9. D

New England 5.25" Panasonic JU-475-3 parts floppy drive

A 5.25" Panasonic JU-475-3AGJ floppy drive with amber LED that's missing the front bezel, upper metal shield plus all of the latch assembly. Circuit board, head assembly, motor and all are there and appear undamaged. Untested. $15 plus shipping
  10. D

Car power adapters?

I have a stack of NOS brick type power adapters that have a cigarette adapter input (12-24VDC) and output 19VDC @2.34 amps through a 2.5mm jack. Not AC to DC, but DC to DC! I've been storing them for a decade or more. Is there any use for one of these still? Should I dig them out and put a few...
  11. D

Alpha-Top Green 755 (AKA NEC Ready 200T series & Micron Transport VLX) laptops

Data and photos will be added soon to document this Pentium 1 non-MMX laptop model.
  12. D

Green 751 laptop

I'm starting a new discussion for the Green 751 laptop so a search will find this first (hopefully)
  13. D

LCD white on black vs. black on white?

I'm working on bunch of old Pentium laptops I've been pulling out of storage. One Chicony MP983 had a missing LG LP121S1 800x600 12.1" LCD. The LP121S1 uses a 41 pin connector and so I dug through my stash of 12.1" LCD's looking for a LP121S1, or LP121S2 which I think is nearly the same LCD. No...
  14. D

Green 753 Laptop CPU setup & more

The Green 753 was sold by ARM, Brick/Egro, Trogon and Jetta -- perhaps a dozen more brands. The last version of the factory BIOS could only reported CPU speeds only up to 166 MHz. I have installed a 200 MHz CPU and it operates correctly in the Green but the BIOS does NOT report the correct...
  15. D

New England NOS Green 753 Laptop

New old stock Green 753 Pentium (non-mmx) Intel Socket 7 laptop from the early 1990's. They are new in sealed mfr's boxes with manuals, 3.5" driver diskettes for Win 3.0/95 and a hard drive caddy. Also, the laptop has internal CD-ROM drive, 3.5" floppy drive and double PCMCIA slots (not cardbus...
  16. D

New England (1) 5.25" Tandon TM50-1 drive / (1) 5.25: Shugart SA455 drive / (1) dual 5.25" full height external drive enclosure with Pwr Supply

For Sale: One piece - 5.25" Black face plate Tandon TM50-1 48TPI Single Sided floppy drive -- spins and head seeks, but otherwise untested (AS-IS) -- $40 plus S&I One Piece - 5.25" Black face plate Shugard TA455 48TPI Double Sided floppy drive -- spins and head seeks, but otherwise...
  17. D

Best use for a stack of laptop mobo's?

I'm slowly cleaning out the basement of left over laptop parts and I dug out a storage container with a couple dozen new old stock Chicony MP995 motherboards. This laptop was a Celeron (up to 466@66) machine from the 90's and these are left over new old stock boards from my purchase of all the...
  18. D

New England FS: Chicony MP993 466 Celeron laptop

Chicony MP993 (labeled with reseller Trogon jewel) - 466 Celeron CPU/256K RAM/16GB Scandisk CF card in adapter for HDD/13.3" TFT LCD. Laptop has serial, parallel, VGA one USB Type 1 and some other ports plus 2 PCMCIA's. Internal microphone and speakers. It comes with 3.5" floppy drive or a LS120...
  19. D

8gb TURNS INTO 64gb!

I have a stack of not configured NOS in the OEM box Pentium One laptops left over from my long ago closed laptop business. With suitable prodding from the wife I've been trying to come up bits and pieces necessary to turn them into complete working machines and to do so at a reasonable cost. One...
  20. D

Teac CD48E CD-ROM drive??

I have a large number of laptops that I'm prep'ing for selling and many have 8x TEAC CD-48E CD or 16x CD416E (I think that's right) drives. They do not have the standard laptop Atapi connector. What they do have is a circuit board that extends out of the drive and 3 sets of pins that look more...
Back