• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

CRT Repair in the MIdwest US

Is anyone aware of somewhere or someone that would repair a computer CRT in the Midwest still? I am located in Central IL. I have a IBM P275 and Viewsonic (P-something?) that could use some fixing. The IBM runs fine for the most part but the colors seem a bit washed out and the brightness is a...
  2. F

No In-Game CD Audio

I have recently built an older Win95 computer. Its has a Crystal Audio Card in it. Everything works fine except there is a CD Audio issue that I can not figure out. I do have the CD audio cable coming from the back of the CD drive into the sound card. All the drivers are setup and the CD...
  3. F

IBM Aptiva 2161/2 Proprietary Power Supply

I am trying to power up an Aptiva 2161 system board with a 300gl 6282 PSU. They are rated at the same wattage the only thing is that the 300gl does not include the 3 pin power connector required on the 2161 board (at least not directly). The 300gl PSU does have two 3 pin connectors but it does...
  4. F

IBM Aptiva Stealth Access Station for a 2159 or 2162?

I was curious if the separate floppy/cd access stations for the Aptiva Stealth split-system models are interchangeable between the 2159 and 2162 models? From what I can see the access station itself looks nearly identical for each. However, I did notice, after looking through the hardware...
  5. F

IBM Aptiva 2162 Recovery Disc

I am looking for a recovery disc for the IBM Aptiva 2162. Would be fine with an ISO file if possible. I have copies for the 2159 and 2142 but can’t seem to find any for the 2162 split systems.
  6. F

List of every IBM Aptiva Split System Model

I was getting tired of having to dig for the system variation specs of all the U.S. Aptiva split systems so I made it easy for anyone else who gets OCD over small portions of computer history like me 😀. I created this excel file with a complete, as I know it, list of these models just to share...
  7. F

IBM 76H0888 Mouse and 776H0896 Keyboard

Just seeing if anyone would happen to have a black IBM Keyboard (76H0896) or Mouse (76H0889) available for sale?
  8. F

Monitor Stand for IBM Stealth Series Monitor

Sorry I posted this in the Pentium section but meant to post here... Was able to get a 17" Aptiva Stealth Series monitor recently but it lacks the stand that allows it to sit over the top of the media dock that this model of Aptiva comes with. Was wondering if anyone has one available or knows...
  9. F

Monitor Stand for an IBM Aptiva Stealth Monitor

Was able to get an Aptiva Stealth Series monitor recently but it lacks the stand that allows it to sit over the top of the media dock that this model of Aptiva comes with. Was wondering if anyone has one available or knows where I may be able to find one? This is my holy grail computer from my...
  10. F

Modifying Character Set on a Tseng ET4000AX

I have a Tseng ET4000AX video card that I recently got off eBay. It works well other than the fact that it displays a few weird text characters. For example: instead of \ it shows Ð and instead of @ it shows Ż. Is there any way to change this back to the normal character set in the bios?
  11. F

Modifying Character Set on a Tseng ET4000AX

I have a Tseng ET4000AX video card that I recently got off eBay. It works well other than the fact that it displays a few weird text characters. For example: instead of \ it shows Ð and instead of @ it shows Ż. Is there any way to change this back to the normal character set in the bios?
  12. F

WTB: Sound Blaster Pro CT1330

I am looking to buy an original Sound Blaster Pro. Any variant of the CT1330 would do. It is the final card I am looking for to complete my 1991 computer build. Thanks for the help!
  13. F

Weitek Power 9000 PCI

Looking for any PCI version of the Weitek P9000.
  14. F

Socket 4 with VLB

Curious. Are there any socket 4 motherboards with VLB slots? I don’t think I have ever came across any.
  15. F

Intel Batman MB wont get past BIOS

I have an original Pentium "Batman" MB. It will make it to the Keyboard Detected line but will freeze right after. Wont get past this and occasionally it will not show anything on the screen at all. I have tried several different video cards, ram, and power supplies. All result in same...
  16. F

XT-IDE No Longer Working!

I may have destroyed my XT-IDE Rev 3! I was just messing around with it and put it in a newer Socket 4 motherboard to see what would happen. Well nothing booted up. Now that I have placed it back in my Tandy 1000 it no longer truns on or does anything at all. Did I fry the board? Is there...
  17. F

XT-IDE No LOnger Working

I may have destroyed my XT-IDE Rev 3! I was just messing around with it and put it in a newer Socket 4 motherboard to see what would happen. Well nothing booted up. Now that I have placed it back in my Tandy 1000 it no longer truns on or does anything at all. Did I fry the board? Is there...
  18. F

Atari ST Video Issue

Hello all! I am having an issue with my video output of my STM. A constant pale white line scrolls from top to bottom slowly and I cannot figure out why. I was wondering if anyone in here might have an idea of how to fix this or what is causing it? Video link below. The diagonal line is my...
  19. F

IBM 5151 Monitor Issue

My IBM 5151 monitor which is attached to my 5150 is not working correctly. It does not show anything on the screen and when the brightness is turned all the way up it's just all green with diagonal lines across the screen. Are there any solutions to this that any of you are aware of? And yes...
  20. F

Original Pentium 60 or 66 System

Does anyone have or know of a place to get any original Pentium 60 or 66 Socket 4 era motherboards, cpu's, combos, or full machines. I have built rigs with the best Intel processor of every year matched with what I feel are the best components for each year as well. 1993 is the only year that...
Back