• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Help please identifying this 6809 Eurocard board.

Cheers Bruce, I'd seen the markings on the silkscreen (obvs :-) ) but couldn't find any more. Thanks. Andy.
  2. A

Help please identifying this 6809 Eurocard board.

Hi Folks, I have just bought this 6809 base Eurocard on a bit of a whim and I'm trying to identify it. In addition to the 6809, it has a dual port UART ((SCN2681), 8KiB RAM, an NEC keyboard/display controller and a sneaky little PIC in the top/right socket. Does anyone know what this is...
  3. A

PDP-11 Bank

That is very cool. :)
  4. A

Greetings from Nottinghamshire in the UK.

Hi Andy, Welcome aboard. I'm just over the border in Leicestershire :-) Pull up a chair and have a chat. Andy.
  5. A

Is the Z88 any good?

Hi, I have a couple of these and I think they a lovely little machines. To be honest, I don't use either very often but I do appreciate them. The software (Pipedream?) is thoughtfully designed and works well. The little preview of the page layout that uses a pixel per character is a joy to...
  6. A

Hello from Leicester UK

Hi Simon, Nice to see you here Matey!. I can vouch for the Museum Simon mentions. A splendid place. :)
  7. A

Consolidated Key-Edit Terminal

Hi trenthem, I have one of the machines the terminal was attached to and if you want to see any photos of that I have documented part of the repair on my website. https://www.randomorbit.co.uk/?cat=135 Cheers, Andy.
  8. A

UK-101. Where does clk o1 come from.

Thank you Robbbert, I has missed the branch on that line from IC29. I scoped it at both ends and there appeared to be a break between IC29 and the 6502 so I flipped the board over and a previous owner had broken the track and routed the clock signal to a pair of connectors on the back panel...
  9. A

UK-101. Where does clk o1 come from.

Hello Folks, I am trying to get my old UK-101 running and there is no clock on pin 37 of the CPU. I can see it going into the clock tree of dividers but can't see how it gets to pin 37 on the 6502. Can anyone shed a little light please? Thanks, Andy
  10. A

Restoring a Dec MiniMinc / PDT11-150

I have one of these too and have made some progress. You can read about it here... https://www.randomorbit.co.uk/?p=1306 Cheers, Andy
  11. A

Hey from the UK

Hi Alan, Welcome aboard. I know the RCM very well. A great place. Classic Macs pop up quite often and aren't too crazy price wise. I think mine favorite of those is the SE30. Very tidy. Cheers, Andy.
  12. A

Building a New-to-Me PDP 11/23

Hi Alex, That should give you a lovely little PDP. The Emulex cards a great but becoming increasingly hard to find. I guess a nice little Async card would be next on the list? Something like an DLVJ1-M, (M8043) would be a good place to be. They seem quite plentiful. All the best, Andy.
  13. A

Northern Europe New home needed for a DECpc AXP 150 (UK)

I too would like this addition to my DEC collection. Thanks, Andy.
  14. A

How to write an NCR boot disk from Linux

Thank you again Larry and Chuck, At the moment I am in a bit of a fight with my main Linux box as it refuses to admit that it has a floppy drive despite flashing the LED and spinning the disk on boot up. I will keep fighting and keep you posted. All the best, Andy.
  15. A

Hi Folks, Thanks very much for your replies. I knew someone would know :-) This place really is great ! Re: message 2, @Chuck(G). I know it's the obvious one but... At the moment I don't have a bridge machine running any form of DOS so it isn't really a _just_. Also, I don't know copyqm and...
  16. A

Hi Folks, I have started trying to get my old NCR Decision Mate V up and running. I have it to the point where it is asking for a boot disk that I don't have. :-) I have found an image of a boot disk in CopyQM format. This isn't a format I have come across. Using the command line utility...
  17. A

DEC PDT-11/150

Hi, I have a PDT-11 but I can't remember the sub-type and it has a second 8" drive. Sadly, mine isn't booting. It's on the "Shelf of good intentions" awaiting my attention. Cheers, Andy.
  18. A

Wanted: NCR Decision Mate 5 keyboard

Hi Chuck, I found this image.... but I have seen them with a light bezel too. All the best, Andy.
  19. A

Wanted: NCR Decision Mate 5 keyboard

Short version... Does anyone have a DMV keyboard they would part with please? Thanks, Andy. Long Version... Before lockdown I bought a DMV, to recreate my early career. When I went to pick it up the seller told me he had been unable find the keyboard but it would be in his storage unit...
  20. A

VR201 monitor leaking red/brown goo.

Hi folks, When I went to pick up my VR201 monitor there was a pool of red/brown goo underneath it. It looks a lot like gearbox oil. I've opened it up and I can see the stuff around the plastic screen surround but it's not on the circuit board. I thought it might be capacitor fluid but there is...
Back