• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

AMSTRAD 4386 pc

i need help please guys. Just got this little shoebox of a computer :) im having problems. It starts up and shows it has 65mb hd and 4mb of ram but when going down its checks it hangs at the keyboard check. i get this message Bad or missing keyboard definition file. now i can get into...
  2. P

adding a coprocessor to a 386

im going to add a a coprocessor to my compaq 386s i have a couple of scrap 386 motherboards with the same socket designation what i wondered is will the chip from one of these work in my compaq?
  3. P

COMPAQ?

Any chance of a section dedicated to help with classic compaq machines? there is such a wide range of machines from 8086 to present and i am quite a fan of compaq i just wondered if anyone else would be interested.
  4. P

got my compaq 386s yesterday !!!

great looking machine 2mb ram 40mb hardrive. just installed dos 6.2 and widows for work groups 3.11 came with its original compaq monochrome monitor with reverse switching. I also managed to get the original compaq instructions and diagnostic disks for it off ebay. you could say it was a...
  5. P

my latest computer !!!

Not that old but still an iteresting machine. Olivetti XANA 53-133 came with all original software and manuals pentium 133 16mb ram 1.2gb harddrive. In nice condition going to keep it as it is. strange looking monitor speakers are set into the base with volume bass and treble controls.
  6. P

microsoft to desighn operating system for cars.

Was reading about this and one person came back with.... you driving along on the motorway in your new car, nice bit of speed when a blue box shows up on your dashboard. "this program has caused an illegal operation and will be shut down." made me laugh!!!
  7. P

IBM PC 5150

Im trying to add a 10mb hard drive to this machine. I got this machine from a friend who had known of it all its life in his office at work. beleive it or not it was only retired last year and put in a cupboard and this is when it came to me. The hard drive was added to the machine in about...
  8. P

What is DUNSMAIL ?

i have this software on my compaq 8086 hard drive it boots to this from switch on i get a menu 1 Start the Dunsmail loop 2 Lookup dunsmail interactively 3 tape backup its running DOS 3.31 anybody help ?
  9. P

COMPAQ 8086 deskpro

Can i get it to use a 1.44 floppy drive if so how do i go about it? thanks.
  10. P

My collection

Commodore 16 (working) 64 (working) with lots of software 600+HD working and boots from its hard drive so i assume its ok 600 standard loads of games works when it feels like it (project) 500 with ram expansion not sure how much but its a nice machine. + original green screen/colour...
  11. P

386 motherboard wanted

Can any one help ? i have a generic 386 computer i would like to get running again i have all the parts but the bios chip on its original board is fried....was like that when i got it. was a free donation so im not complaining. If anybody has one please email me and we will work out a price...
  12. P

Computer nut says hello.

Where do i start ? :) Well my first computer was an Acorn electron i still have it now and i geuss from there i have never lost my love of computers. I have quite a few computers sat in my loft or as my wife calls it the tip :wink: I have commodore 64, 16 600 and 500 i have ibm PC AT...
  13. P

486 cd problems

I have a 486 33mhz 8mb of ram running 95 i cant get it to see my cd drive. It has only one ide connection the ribbon cable has 2 connectors on it what i would like to know is what i set the cd rom to cable select or master or even slave ? apart from this problem it actually runs 95 very well...
Back