• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

Outrun for DOS: Hercules Version?

Has there ever been a DOS version of Outrun with *working* Hercules graphics? The one at www.myabandonware.com has this outrun.exe menu screen... ...but pressing "4" immediately returns you to the DOS prompt. Interestingly, the version that I "obtained" :-) around 1990 had the outrun.exe...
  2. R

XT Clone: POST Memory Error 201

Last weekend I replaced my broken Taiwan clone Turbo-XT motherboard with a working DTK PIM-TB10-Z board. I also replaced the 256K RAM that came with new board with the 640K from my old board, and the memory check ran ok and everything was working fine with a Hercules screen. Yesterday I...
  3. R

DOS tool for centering the screen horizontally?

I was wondering if maybe a little DOS tool exists that allows you to center the screen "by software", in case that your monitor has no controls to do so. I'm asking because I have recently built a CGA to SCART adaptor, and the picture on one of my TVs looks like this: And I have noticed that...
  4. R

H-Tron: a little DOS game for the Hercules graphics card

Hi all, I have recently written a little DOS game for the Hercules graphics card. It is the classical overhead view "Tron" game (motorcycles that leave "wall trails" behind them): The game concept is simple: if you crash into a wall, your opponent scores one point. Who first reaches five...
Back