• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

Just picked up a Mac SE/30!!!

Hello all- Just picked up a really well cared for SE/30. It had not been powered on in a few years, and the first time I powered it up, I heard the fan, pretty sure I heard the hard drive, did not hear any beep. It went to the screen with the question mark diskette. Powered it down, waited...
  2. B

Apple green phosphor tilt screen, part needed.

My bad. The model is A2M2010. There is nothing wrong with the image, so far as I can tell anyway. The CRT tube attaches to the front bezel at four different points. The bezel tilts up and down. The CRT tube has become detached from the bezel, because each one of the four points where the...
  3. B

Apple green phosphor tilt screen, part needed.

Hey all! Got an Apple IIc off of eBay, and as is prone to happen, the person that I purchased it from does not understand the fragility of CRT monitors. The packing was not good, and the IIc case has a nice crack in it now. No worries as it was insured, and the seller said to just keep it all...
  4. B

CBM 8032, working but not

Okay, taking it from the top... On startup with the main board untouched, the resulting image is this. - This is also the way the screen looks when a chip is piggybacked on UC4. There is no visible change from the unaltered board. - powering off/on from this produces a garbage screen for...
  5. B

Received a few of the 2114 chips today. Just got home from work and opened up the package. I piggybacked a chip onto the UC6 and the result is now all forward slashes, without any spaces in between. See photo. So...progress!!! It's actually very exciting to me, good call guys! But, now what?
  6. B

Thank you all for such a fast reply! I found a legible schematic using the suggested links. There are a few differences with the board that I actually have, but everything else looks spot on. daver2, I tried typing in what you had suggested, and no beep in response. I tried a few times just...
  7. B

Hello all! Been lurking awhile, finally posting to ask a question. New to vintage computers in the last year, new to electronics. Enthusiastic about both! I have a Commodore CBM 8032 that I purchased several months ago. I know nothing about this unit's history. From my first day with it...
Back