• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Andrettigto

Mystery peripheral - 1983 Electrohome device with audio, video inputs

Old thread I know. I bought one of these in ‘82 to go with my Electrohome ECM1302-2 RGBi monitor. With it, you could display composite video. The box would hook on the back of the monitor vents. CGA graphics with more than four colours? MS-Flight Simulator looked great!
  2. Andrettigto

Tallgrass Technologies TG-6180

Thank you, the link you provided has the TG3020 disk images I am seeking. Obviously, my Navigation skills are not the best.
  3. Andrettigto

Tallgrass Technologies TG-6180

Pulling up this previous request as I too am seeking a copy of the TALLGRASS Software Disc. The Tallgrass documentation (Thank You - Modem7) illustrates that during initial installation, the supplied Master Software Disc is used to create the Master Boot Disc that would contain the...
  4. Andrettigto

My IBM JUST BOOTED i don't know what to do next pls help

I never knew about the '86 BIOS adding that support and mistakenly assumed Octavio had a 5150
  5. Andrettigto

Using an XT keyboard with an AT-type computer

I will and it’s nice since you can reassign keys as needed. I’m using a Tinkerboy with my F-AT
  6. Andrettigto

My IBM JUST BOOTED i don't know what to do next pls help

The 84 key model M pictured is not compatible with a 5150/5160 as is, it requires a 83 key XT class board. There are, of course, workarounds including numerous protocol selectable boards. The model M supplied by IBM for the XT/286 and early 5170 was as pictured above but WITH the status LEDs.
  7. Andrettigto

IBM PC 5150 Rev. A S/N: 0126215

How is the case cover restoration coming along? With that odd semi flat colour on that textured surface, it will be a challenge.
  8. Andrettigto

Cheap composite monitor

Back in the day I had my ZX81 hooked to a 12” TV that is long gone. Thinking of doing the composite mod and buying one of these. Would be fun to see that Ready prompt again.
  9. Andrettigto

IBM PC 5150 Rev.A (Early S/N : 0101876)

Wow. That is a very nice 5150. The seller knows his stuff and it’s really presented well. Now if only I could convince my wife I need another one… :)
  10. Andrettigto

IBM Model-F space bar

I believe you need to disassemble to correctly reinstall. Dental floss helps too.
  11. Andrettigto

It’s neat that they run on 110v a/c, maybe that’s why they’re so quiet.
  12. Andrettigto

Really nice find! With some needed restoration efforts it’ll be a treasure. That serial number is early so it must be one of the first to use the newer plastic speaker bracket. I see some sort of logo on the DS/DD drive faceplate. Doesn’t look like an IBM logo. Shame about the top cover...
  13. Andrettigto

IBM Aptiva

Sounds like you had a wonderful father who shared his interests with you. Finding some of his old systems shows he may not of had the heart to let them go and that's how many here feel too. Money wise, the hardware may not be too valuable, but you might enjoy exploring some of his programs and...
  14. Andrettigto

I Bought an 1987 Adlib card at Goodwill

I think the 870324 is the cards model number and nothing to do with dates. Even Corey’s carries the same designation.
  15. Andrettigto

Can't see any dates or codes on mine, just what appears to be a "gRN" logo on the back. Too bad you've decided to sell it as they do sound really good with an external amplifier.
  16. Andrettigto

My AdLib purchaced in '87 has no date stamps
  17. Andrettigto

IBM Model F or M Sticky feeling cables

I'm a fan of Model F and early M. For normal indoor use I've found these black coiled cables, unlike other popular keyboards of the time, never crack or crumble. Many of the cables, including my Rev.A 5150 Model F/XT that I purchased new are still perfect with no sticky feel. I have...
  18. Andrettigto

Anyone selling Sergey Kiselev's ISA super VGA cards or equivalent 8 bit VGA card?

Follow the posted link and scroll down to Version 1 modification.
  19. Andrettigto

Kaypro Personal Computer

That 8088 system used an XT Scancode 1 keyboard so I'm guessing that pictured Packard Bell is switch selectable between XT and AT mode. If you're looking to attach a later model AT keyboard, tinkerBOY sells a good convertor.
  20. Andrettigto

Model F Keyboard for 5051 connector orientation?

Lots of information here on the Model F/XT
Back