• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Andrettigto

Monotech DeluxeFloppy giving excessive timeout

Have a 5150 Rev.A with a Monotech DeluxeFloppy controller that's based on the ‎Sergey's Project. I was attracted to it because of its physical size and not its additional hardware coverage since I'm only using 5 1/4" DD and 3 1/2" DD drives. Currently I have it configured with drive A as the 5...
  2. Andrettigto

5150 DRDOS vs MS/PCDOS HD Setup

My hair's thinning as I get old and this last experience hasn't helped any... I'm been setting up a 5150 Rev.A (updated BIOS) installing an ST225 and WD1002A-WX1 controller. I ran into issues under both DRDOS 5.0 and 6.0 where, after creating the partition, making it active, formatting and...
  3. Andrettigto

History of the GPU

I’ve always been interested in display adapters and came across a really enjoyable article from TECHSPOT on “The History of the Modern Graphics Processor” https://www.techspot.com/article/650-history-of-the-gpu/ Amazing to follow the development cycles, politics and how it all played out to...
  4. Andrettigto

IBM PC 41 Years Ago Article

Didn’t even remember it was the 5150s 41st anniversary Aug. 12. I came across a good article at OS/2 Museum and thought I’d share with anybody else who’s also interested in this. The IBM PC, 41 Years Ago
  5. Andrettigto

Roots of Windows

Thought I'd share my latest desktop picture with anyone that's into the IBM-PC/XT hobby! (had to downscale the quality to fit under the 256k picture limit size)
  6. Andrettigto

5150 Serial Numbers

I'm interested in learning how the serial numbering worked during the PC's production life. Did they start with zero or like cars, use only part of the number for sequence? When the XT came out, did IBM just keep increasing the number or start at zero again? At EBay auctions, when a seller...
  7. Andrettigto

Proud Canadian :)

I was browsing "Chronology of Personal Computers" at http://www.islandnet.com/~kpolsson/comphist/index.htm and found this... 1974 September 8 * In Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Mers Kutt of Micro Computer Machines officially introduces the MCM-70 personal computer. It features Intel 8008...
  8. Andrettigto

Carlos from Toronto

Hello everyone, my name's Carlos from Toronto, Canada and I'm 51. Like most of you, I too respect computers, old and new. In my teen years, banks were a place for my employer to deposit my part time pay check. Shortly after this, I would go in, stand in line and take it out again. Jeez, just...
Back