• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. W

Qume Terminal membrane keyboard repair

I recently acquired a Qume QVT-102 terminal. The display is in great shape, the keyboard ... well, not so much. Pretty much none of the keys work as they should. A few can mostly be counted on to produce a character on the screen if I press them firmly. A few more can be coaxed to produce a...
  2. W

Found Teleray 3900 series terminal

A 44 year old Teleray Terminal, 3900 series, was being used as a doorstop in another department at the university where I work, so I had to stage an intervention ... No fun carrying it down 2 flights of stairs, but I'm pleased to report it's now in a place where it will be cared for a little...
  3. W

Mac 512K Floppy Drive repair

Hi, Asking for a friend ... could anyone recommend a service that could repair a floppy drive from a 512K Mac? Ideally located in the Toronto area but my friend might be willing to ship it further afield. thanks, John
  4. W

CIT 467 Terminal keyboard issues

I'm hoping to revive a C. Itoh 467 colour terminal that recently came my way. In truth, it is a thing of beauty and is mostly working very well indeed. But there are a couple of problems with the keyboard, namely a couple of characters that just plain don't work (press the key and nothing...
  5. W

Mystery peripheral - 1983 Electrohome device with audio, video inputs

Hi, I've recently come across a mystery device made by Electrohome in 1983 with audio/video inputs that may (or not) have something to do with Canadian videotex (ie Telidon). The FCC registry identifies it as a "computer peripheral" but not much more info than that. Photos below. Anyone have...
  6. W

Altair 8800 restoration

A while ago a couple of Altairs were donated to a collection that I'm in charge of, an early model 8800 and an 8800b. Neither work. Of the two, the 8800b is in the best shape, but missing a couple of key components (CPU card and RAM). I'm going to set that one aside for now. Instead I want to...
  7. W

WTB: Reconditioned 8 inch floppy drive

I'm working on a digital art restoration project that just turned up a box of 200 8 inch floppies from the early 1980s and I need to get the data off of them. I've done some data recovery work in the past using a kryoflux but only on 5.25" and 3.5" disks. I'm looking to buy a reconditioned 8"...
Back