• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Silent700

VCF Midwest - who's going?

Every vendor is independent (i.e. we don't do consigment), so each will be different. Most of the "pro" vendors will be set up for cards and other electronic means (as is the VCFMW shirts-and-things table), but many are also just random attendees selling their surplus, so they may be cash-only...
  2. Silent700

The lot fills very early Saturday morning and remains to through dinner. But additonal parking has been arranged! https://vcfmw.org/parking.html
  3. Silent700

Can you bring me a bottle of maple Sortilege?
  4. Silent700

Midwest Datapoint 1500 Value

I'm interested in the Datapoint system. Feel free to send me a PM if it's still available. I'm in the Chicago area.
  5. Silent700

VCF Midwest 17

We do an auction! Unfortunately, most of the donations come in the day of the show, so we don't have time to catalog them. But here is a small portion of what we're going to put on the truck tonight....much more to come! http://vcfmw.org/auction.html
  6. Silent700

VCF Midwest 17

Improper use of the chmod command. 24 hours in the penalty box for me. (it's fixed)
  7. Silent700

VCF Midwest 17

Hello vintage computing fans across the country and around the globe (that's right - we're international!) The 17th Vintage Computer Festival Midwest is coming up in just two weeks! The hotel is sold out (months ago!), the tables are all booked (and then some!), now all we need is YOU! View...
  8. Silent700

VCF Midwest 2020 Cancellation

We regret to announce... There will be no VCF Midwest this year. The conditions imposed upon us by the CoViD-19 pandemic and related government regulations, as well as a depressed expected turn-out figure, will make it impossible for us to host an event of the size and quality our dedicated...
  9. Silent700

VCF Midwest 14 Thread

The 14th Vintage Computer Festival Midwest has ended - and what a show it was! We're just now starting to catch our breath, regroup and paste up some links to photos and videos. You can find the ones we've collected so far here: http://vcfmw.org/past.html If you have any we've missed, please...
  10. Silent700

VCF Midwest 14 Overflow Hotel Block Open

Well this is exactly the kind of problem a growing show wants to have, but it's a problem nonetheless. The Clarion Inn hotel attached to our show venue is FULL for Saturday night 9/14 (and yes it's full thanks mostly to *us*). There may be a few rooms left for Friday 9/13, but that doesn't do...
  11. Silent700

VCF Southeast Photos

Last weekend I made an unannounced visit out to Roswell, GA to visit our brothers-and-sisters-in-hoarding at the Vintage Computer Festival Southeast. They were hosted by the new location of the Computer Museum of America, not yet open to the public. The show was a solid representation of the...
  12. Silent700

Announcement: VCF Midwest 2018

Summer is almost here and that means it's time to get it in gear and start planning our next Vintage Computer Festival Midwest. Astute readers will note that this announcement comes many weeks later than in past years, but rest assured there is still plenty of time remaining to make your travel...
  13. Silent700

VCF Midwest: (Not Even) One Week to Go!

Hello vintage computer fans! According to the official vcfmw.org counter, we have just shy of five days to go until the 12th annual Vintage Computer Festival Midwest opens. Of course, the planning and work to make the show happen started months ago and we are in "cram mode" now as we make...
  14. Silent700

VCF Midwest 12

We did this nerd-fest thing at this hotel last year and no one complained (much), least of all the hotel, so I think we're up for another go. The TWELFTH edition of the Vintage Computer Festival Midwest is happening September 9th and 10th, 2017 in lovely Elk Grove Village, Illinois, mere...
  15. Silent700

VCF Midwest Updates and Special Guest

Hello retro fans - we are approaching the one month point before the Eleventh Vintage Computer Festival Midwest and plans are quickly coming together. Here are a few announcements and updates to bring you up to speed: - We're happy to announce our very special guest speaker, former Commodore...
  16. Silent700

Chicago Classic Computing

Hello Midwesterners - there has been a mailing list for Chicago-area collectors for a number of years now. It's very low-traffic, mainly used to share Craigslist finds, trade classic computer items and keep each other up to date on events. You'll find it at http://chiclassiccomp.org. It's a...
  17. Silent700

Honk

Hurf bonk duh
  18. Silent700

Commodore World magazines

I've got here a full run of Commodore World magazines. They're scanned and downloadable at bombjack.org but if anyone would like the originals, let me know. In in 60074 (NW of Chicago.) Yours for pickup or cost of shipping.
  19. Silent700

Free & Cheap Stuff near Chicago

Here's the first of what I hope will be a long list of items I will unload in the near future: http://chiclassiccomp.org/forsale.html For this first batch we've got Sparcstations, old Colombia portables, HP workstation video cards, and other goodness. All prices already low, and negotiable...
Back