• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Apple //e dotted grid screen?

So, I just got to it. I put the old original power supply back in, and it works good, and turns on every time, but I still get the dot grid on the screen, and it also happens in the HGR mode. But just for trouble shooting, what chips should I look at pulling and re-seating first if any?
  2. S

Apple //e dotted grid screen?

In order to try to take care of and do some preventative maintenance on my Apple //e, I bought a freshly made power supply replacement. It appears to work, though the socket for the plug from the power cable seems a little tight, and it is a battle to get the power cable plugged in right, and...
  3. S

Trs-80 Model 1 Checkers Game?

That's a bummer. I guess backwards compatibility was not a thing at that time.
  4. S

Thank you. I should probably download that tool, for future use. Edit: seems my TRS-80 Model 1 won't recognize it, when I type CLOAD and press play on my CAS player software nothing happens, not even the "*" in the top right corner of the screen show up, but it does work with other files I...
  5. S

Thank you, and yes I have found Game Pack 1, and the checkers.cas file, but it leads to this page, where I cannot seem to find a way to download it in .cas form. https://willus.com/trs80/?-a+1+-p+5543+-f+1+q=Game+Pack
  6. S

Thanks for the responses, I did originally look at that willus.com list, but originally I only saw some autorun and debug dmk files, I never saw other file types to download, due to your responses, I did look a second time and found more file types of download. However, I cannot seem to find...
  7. S

So reading the magazine/news letter I got wit h my recent Model 1 acquisition, it appears there was also a Checkers game made for the Trs-80, due to the popularity of the chess game. I have tried searching for it on google, but I could not find it, I could only find stuff for the Color...
  8. S

New M1 Acquisition

Congratulations on the acquisition. Hopefully the issue with the space bar is easily to fix.
  9. S

I've finally got one!

No that's not damage, that's just a piece of cardboard put over the screen for shipping purposes. It is only held on by one piece of tape on the top (the monitor was wrapped in plastic wrap). I just am keeping it there because why not? I just put it over the screen when I am not using it, and...
  10. S

I've finally got one!

I have been looking for a TRS-80 Model 1 for quite a while now, and it always seemed to be either in very bad condition or out my price range. A couple weeks ago though, I found an auction that I ended up winning on ebay, and I was happy with the price I ended up paying and still am. It's in...
  11. S

XT Clone won't run basic?

Ah yes, now that I've googled that, that does appear to be the case. Glad it has an easy solution though and that there's no actual problem with anything.
  12. S

XT Clone won't run basic?

Hi, So I've recently come into possession of a "Kaypro Professional Computer". There is no hard drive, only two 5 1/2 floppy drives. Both drives seem to work fine and do read and run other things (like boot dos and execute commands, etc) like they should. However, when I type in "BASIC" and...
  13. S

Kaypro Personal Computer

Benson included a convertor along with the adapter, so it's all good.
  14. S

Kaypro Personal Computer

I recently was lucky to buy a Kaypro Personal Computer off of a fellow member here, @Benson86. He had good communication, fair price, and seems like a good guy, it was described accurately and packed very well. It came with some extras that we agreed upon like homebrew DOS disks, official IBM...
  15. S

Are computer museums 'bad'?

I've visited Syd Bolton's (R.I.P) "Personal Computer Museum" in Brantford, Ontario. There were many system setup and working, and we were allowed to use them too, also they kept them in working order and do repairs and such. I think something like that, would be a good thing, both from an...
  16. S

I had three Osborne 1's... Now I only have 2... Ebay cancelled mid-shipping and then upped the shipping price. Where else can I buy old CPM computers?

I've had computers and monitors come to me from the states via GSP, but then again you can get to Canada driving, don't need a boat or plane, unlike to get to Australia.
  17. S

Repair vs Preservation

I'm fine with yellowing and wear and tear, but if something if filthy, or overly rusted, that is a completely different story.
  18. S

The South KayPro PC/XT Clone in nice working condition

Hey there, Did anyone buy this yet, if not, I would be willing to buy this. I know it says in country shipping, but I would be willing to pay for shipping for it to get to me. I've done so before.
  19. S

Commodore Pet 2001, to buy or not to buy?

I'm always weary when buying monitors online, luckily I've had good luck so far with shipping, no damage, and all turned out to be working as described (and pictured) I guess it's the luck of the draw with shipping monitors, and how well the seller packs them as well. I always double check that...
  20. S

Commodore Pet 2001, to buy or not to buy?

Depends what is is, if it's just replacing a dead drive, or a belt, or something simpler like that, I can do that. If it involves soldering though, that's a different story, I can't do that. I've tried before and wrecked things.
Back