• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Apple //e dotted grid screen?

In order to try to take care of and do some preventative maintenance on my Apple //e, I bought a freshly made power supply replacement. It appears to work, though the socket for the plug from the power cable seems a little tight, and it is a battle to get the power cable plugged in right, and...
  2. S

Trs-80 Model 1 Checkers Game?

So reading the magazine/news letter I got wit h my recent Model 1 acquisition, it appears there was also a Checkers game made for the Trs-80, due to the popularity of the chess game. I have tried searching for it on google, but I could not find it, I could only find stuff for the Color...
  3. S

I've finally got one!

I have been looking for a TRS-80 Model 1 for quite a while now, and it always seemed to be either in very bad condition or out my price range. A couple weeks ago though, I found an auction that I ended up winning on ebay, and I was happy with the price I ended up paying and still am. It's in...
  4. S

XT Clone won't run basic?

Hi, So I've recently come into possession of a "Kaypro Professional Computer". There is no hard drive, only two 5 1/2 floppy drives. Both drives seem to work fine and do read and run other things (like boot dos and execute commands, etc) like they should. However, when I type in "BASIC" and...
  5. S

Kaypro Personal Computer

I recently was lucky to buy a Kaypro Personal Computer off of a fellow member here, @Benson86. He had good communication, fair price, and seems like a good guy, it was described accurately and packed very well. It came with some extras that we agreed upon like homebrew DOS disks, official IBM...
  6. S

Commodore Pet 2001, to buy or not to buy?

A man from my local town is selling a Commodore Pet 2001. It's in "working" condition (there is a photo), and this is the description: "Working Commodore PET Computer the first model with the tape deck from 1977. Extremely low serial number of 10056 being one of the first ones made. System...
  7. S

My "new" Apple //e

So I finally became an Apple II owner, Apple //e specifically. It got it off ebay, for a reasonable price. It seems to be in good cosmetic condition, with slight yellowing (as common), the seller said it boots and I saw a photo of the blank screen with Apple ][ at the top, so that was a good...
  8. S

Ontario WTB: TRS-80 Model 1, or 3, 4 etc.

Greetings, I own a TRS-80 Color Computer 1, and it is awesome, however I am always on the hunt for an "original" TRS-80. I'd be fine with just the base TRS-80 Model 1 computer itself, with power supply and monitor/composite cable. I'm located on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Assuming...
  9. S

Compact Mac Screws?

So I have a Macintosh SE (with hard drive, and was upgraded to 4mb ram by previous owner). I would eventually like to take off the system 7 from it, bring it back down to original 1mb ram, and install system 4 (to get the original experience back). However for now, there is something more...
  10. S

Only monochrome on Commodore 1702?

So I hooked up my composite modded Spectrum to my Commodore 1702 monitor, but it seems it will only give me a black/white and different shades of grey display. Now I do live in Canada, and I am feeding it with 110/120v 9v aftermarket power supply, but it still technically works. I don't know...
  11. S

Vintage TV as Apple lle display?

I may be finally getting my hands on an Apple IIe soon, only it's just the computer and not the monitor. I do have a small vintage CRT tv I can use as a display (it has RF and composite) and I use it with things like my Atari 2600, NES, etc. I'm just curious if I use this TV as display how...
  12. S

Zx Spectrum - "No solder" Composite Mod.

I still can't believe this actually works! I've had a Zx Spectrum laying around in a draw for a long time, because I bought it not realizing it was PAL and I live in Canada, and I was having trouble getting the RF output to work for me, no matter what I tried. Earlier today though, I came...
  13. S

Making a custom computer case with "built-in" keyboard

Hello. In the past few days, I have learned of an amazing piece of kit called the Color Maximite 2. It's basically a modern kit computer that runs basic, but runs it very fast, and is also capable of music and other things. I decided I want to buy one. Problem is it doesn't have it's own...
  14. S

Who else knows what a Stylophone is?

So I ordered this a while ago, it's a Stlyophone, a pocket size basic synthesizer which you play with a stylus, meaning you essentially complete a circuit which plays each "key". I got it because I want to learn how to play some sort of instrument and this looks easy to learn and play, and now...
  15. S

"Acceptable" CPU Temps?

I have owned a Thinkpad T42 for about the past two months, and it's great. Only complaint I have about it, is that the fan is rather loud, and I found out that it's normal for Thinkpad's of it's age and series to have a lot of fan noise, because the BIOS fan controller makes the fan go much...
  16. S

Sound/Music FX Software for Windows 9X, 3.1, or DOS?

I have just bought a Stlyophone S-1 (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a pocket synthesizer which you play with a stylus), many famous artists used it, including Bowie in "Space Oddessey". Seeing as I bought a reproduction model which also has a headphone out, I will be able to...
  17. S

Would this upgrade plan be a go?

I have a Compaq Deskpro EN, the base specs are: Intel Penitum II 400mhz 192MB RAM 20GB HDD (I already upgraded that a while ago, from the original 6GB) ATI 3D Rage Pro (8mb) It's actually pretty good and I like it a lot, one of the time periods I want a fully working good machine to cover is...
  18. S

Wifi Client Windows 98SE

Now that I have the sound in DOS mode figured out, I am only missing one thing. I have a Cisco Aironet 350 Series PC Card installed, and I have the driver for it installed too, just not the client utility, as I can't find a version of the client utility which will work in 98SE. So I am...
  19. S

Sound drivers in Windows 98SE DOS Mode?

So, I have just become the proud owner of a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300 Series laptop, Installed 98SE on it and got all drivers installed on it (Windows) except for the Infrared port, which I can't find but is irrelevant because I never use that anyways. As far as DOS Mode goes, I downloaded a...
  20. S

What is this?

I noticed something interesting while taking some photos of the motheboard in the Prolinea 4/66. At first I thought it was a slot for a VLB extension, but then I noticed that it is shorter than a VLB slot, and it is also not in-line with the single ISA slot that the riser card is in, so I don't...
Back