• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

problems with Adaptec AHA-1520 and SCSI on 286

I recently picked up an AHA-1520. Hooked up a single connector 50 pin cable, and tried three separate hard drives and an iomega jaz drive. When booting, i get a target 0: target not connected error. I don't think it's the cable or the drive(s), as they seem to work fine when using a generic...
  2. D

Does anyone have a manual for this Orchid TurboEGA 286 accelerator?

Came across this a while ago, just getting around to getting it up and running. Would appreciate it if someone could share a manual or at least the jumper/dip switch settings? many thanks in advance
  3. D

clearing out the garage, free clone EGA monitor (needs work) and Compaq VGA CRT

If you're in the southern california area, I have these two monitors that are going to ewaste in a couple of days unless someone is interested in them. 1. compaq VGA CRT, decent picture, needs some internal adjustment to modify vertical position 2. clone EGA monitor, uneven color/brightness...
  4. D

are the IBM PS/1 model 2011 and 2121 monitors interchangeable?

These are the PS/1s that have the power supply for the computer built into the monitor. Does anyone know if a monitor that shipped with the newer 2121 (in this case a 386sx-20 model) fit the older 286 based 2011? the connectors appear to be the same, but i'd rather not fry something on the off...
  5. D

Does anyone have a manual for the Microsoft Booster for the pcjr?

I'm trying to get mine to work, but when i install the sidecar, the machine counts to 128k like normal, and doesn't register the additional 128k. Also, unless its the first sidecar, the pcjr won't boot. I was hoping the manual would shed some light on this. thanks in advance!
  6. D

Troubleshooting PC 5150 no-power issues

I have several 5150s that exhibit the same problem: All cards removed except for a CGA card hooked up to a monitor. Flip the switch, the fan on the PSU gives a quarter turn, and then nothing. So what i've tested so far: 1. removed power connectors from motherboard, switched on PSU. fan...
  7. D

Bypassing onboard video on Tandy 1000 RLX

Thinking about picking one up. Is it possible to bypass the onboard vga and install an EGA adapter? Or would the EGA have an IRQ 2 conflict with the onboard harddrive controller?
  8. D

does anyone have a picture of a connector from a cmos battery pack?

Looking for a 4 pin 2 wire cmos battery pack (like the ones that take 4xAA cells) .
  9. D

Using powermac 7100 to write IIGS floppies?

I can't seem to figure this out. I've got several .2MG apple IIGS disk images that I want to write to 800k prodos floppies. I've tried diskdup+ but it doesn't recognize .2MG or other formats I've tried converting to using ciderpress on my PC like .DSK or .PO. I've got pretty much zero...
  10. D

picked up an IBM 5162 XT-286

So i totally forgot about these machines! How rare do you think they are? personally i think they are more rare than any 5150/5160/5170 as i've never seen one of these for sale before. It needs a few things (like a PSU recap) but otherwise i got it to boot ok. it's also missing a hard...
  11. D

recently picked up an IBM 5154 EGA monitor, picture is dim and washed out

I recently picked this monitor up, it was pretty clean on the outside. However when I hooked it up, it was MUCH dimmer than the princeton EGA monitor i already had. The picture is fuzzy also, it seems out of focus. The power LED is flaky. it usually stays off, but if i lightly whack the side...
  12. D

does anyone have the dip switch settings for this Quadram memory board?

There are two manuals up on minuszerodegrees, but they appear to be for different boards. From what i can tell, this is a Quadram "silverboard", and I'm having a hard time finding any info for it. I'm assuming it has 512k populated?
  13. D

Getting EIDE working on IBM 5170 (Future Domain IDE-16032)

So, as stated in a prior post i have a late run 5170 (final BIOS i believe). Picked up a future domain EIDE 16 bit ISA controller with its own BIOS. it has got me thoroughly confused. 1. Unless i have a PnP ISA NIC in the system, it wouldn't see the EIDE card AT ALL. 2. Once i get the...
  14. D

Picked up an IBM 5170, need some upgrade advice

Recently picked up a new old stock 5170. Bone stock just the way I like to start. I've got a mountain of parts to go into the machine. The goal is a bit of a paradox. I want to expand the machine as far as it'll go while still retaining it's soul. Some things will stay period correct (EGA...
Back