• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

What is actually known about the PDP-11/74?

How much is known about the PDP-11/74 and what is actually available. E.g. pictures, documentation, programmers that have worked with it? As far as I know this machine has never been made available to the public. However there is still so much said and there are many notes even in DEC documents...
  2. C

UQSSP

I'm still in the process of reading and understanding the RQDX3 source code posted by Al but think I now understood most of it and I'm currently in the process of translating the source code into code for the microcontroller I have selected for my own MSCP controller. However there was one thing...
  3. C

RLV12 behaviour in respect to CRDY

I was thinking about enhancing my RLV12 Emulator. Especially the firmware of the MCU is not in a very nice shape and I want to be able to reuse as much code as possible for the MSCP Emulator, which is still work in progress. But I have a question I would like someone to confirm. In the RLV12...
  4. C

Transfer (text) files between RSX-11M and host OS using simh

Im running simh on macos and I'm looking for an easy way to exchange files, or at least text files between the RSX-11M I'm booting in simh and macos. How can this be done?
  5. C

SDC-RLV12 and SCSI2SD

I have a Plessey Q-Bus disk controller that emulates a RLV12. When I compare it with the manual for the Sigma SDC-RLV12 it seems they are identical. The jumpers are placed and numbered at the exactly same position. These controllers emulate a RLV12 (or RLV11 depending on the jumper settings) and...
  6. C

Schematic for Block Mode DMA capable Q-Bus Memory

In various threads the question regarding block mode DMA for Q-Bus has been discussed and there is a fairly good explanation in the Q-Bus documents and I still have the open task to implement block mode DMA on my own Q-Bus Memory Module. Therefore I would like to have an engineering drawing or...
  7. C

Q-Bus MSCP Emulator, need some help

I was thinking of converting my RLV12 Emulator to a MSCP Emulator. The hardware itself would support all features required to emulate an MSCP controller. The CPLD will of course need some reprogramming according to the number of registers and the CSR addresses, but that's all that will change...
  8. C

DLV11J et.al. replacement

I seem not to be able to repair my Camintonn DLV11J board. I did replace the RS-432/232 receivers and transmitter and some errors have gone but others are still persistent. So I was thinking about a replacement custom board. I have various options and one option would be to implement a custom...
  9. C

RT-11 and multiple MSCP Controller

I have done a RT-11 SYSGEN and added a second MSCP DU controller (ports=0). However, I don''t know how to talk to the second MSCP controller. In simh I have attached a disk image to unit0 of RQB and now I don't know which parameters I have to give "SET DU". Also i can only address DU0:, DU1...
  10. C

Rt-11 sysgen

In the sysgen manual it says "Then rename the SYG files (monitors and handlers) to SYS. You can also rename the monitor to distinguish it from standard monitors." I know how to rename a single .SYG file, but how can you rename all .SYG to .SYS? The following does not work .ren /sys du:*.syg...
  11. C

DLV11J Line Driver

On my Plessey DLV11J the line drivers ICs some UA9636 get rather hot as well as the DS0026 which is used to generate -12V are getting rather hot when I touch them. Is this normal?
  12. C

New Version of RLV12 Emulator

Hi, I'm planning to build a next generation RLV12 Hack for the Q-Bus. The current version is working pretty well but it has its quirks. Most importantly the SD-Card and the programming interfaces for the CPLD and the MCU are not very accessible when plugged into the Q-Bus or a card cage...
  13. C

New Acquisition SMS 1000 Model 30

Hi, here some pictures of my new system that I just received today. A SMS 1000 Model 30 with 1Mbyte of RAM a 5 1/4" Floppy and a 80Mbyte Maxtor 1083 Hardisk and a Cartridge Tape. It has a KDJ11-AB and 4 serial lines and includes the original SMS 0107 Formatter. It came along with the original...
  14. C

DECNet over asynchronous links

Although I've have been using DECNet a lot I never used DECNet over asynchronous links. So here I have some questions. As far as I understand you could actually configure DECNet to use a DLV11E/F asynchronous communication adapter is that correct? And if this is correct, is the link layer...
  15. C

DIY Q-Bus Memory for PDP-11

I would like to present my newest project, a PDP-11 Q-Bus Memory Card using SRAM. The board can be equipped with either one or two CY62167GN 1Mx16bit SRAM ICs. In other words it is either a 2Mbyte or 4Mbyte Memory Card. On the picture you see a yellow wire, this was added during the tests and...
  16. C

Memory Card Issues

Hi, I'm looking for a small memory test program that can be run on a PDP-11 standalone. I have built a 2Mbyte SRAM Q-Bus card but something is wrong. I have some simple memory tests which all show no error. But when I try to boot RSX-11M-Plus, which works perfectly with the other memory which...
  17. C

RQDX3 Low Level Format

Hi, is there any document that describes the low level format the RQDX3 uses? It is not a standard. Also it uses a 32-bit ECC protection code for the data field. Any Idea which polynom is used (standard WD?) Peter
  18. C

Chrislin Industries Memory CI-1123+

Hi, before I start a reverse engineering I wanted to ask if some has some information regarding the jumpers on this 1Mbyte Dual Width Memory Card (CI-1123+)? All I could find was a manual about the CI-1123 (without the +) wich is only 128kW max and only for 18-bit backplanes. Peter
  19. C

AMI C04090 DC319 Datasheet

Hi, does anybody has a datasheet of the AMI C04090 also called digital DC319 DLART, which has more information than available in the Q-Bus Interface Handbook from DEC? Peter
  20. C

Q-Bus version of RLV12 Hack

Hi, today the last pieces arrived and I will soon start to build a Q-Bus version of my RLV12 Hack this version uses all 5V parts. The bus-drivers/receivers consists of a set of C2324N (aka DC005), DS8837 (Q-Bus receivers) and SN7438 (high current open collector transmitters as found in many...
Back