• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Z

H7864-A fan voltage selection

I think that jumper is used to select the cooling fan voltage. Which changes the fan speed. See the thread https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/ba23-cooling-and-power-supply-questions.30952/ .
  2. Z

AT&T UNIX PC enthusiasts out there?

Sun had a writeup for enabling dns lookups without NIS/YP on SunOS 4.something.something -- I can't recall exactly which versions of SunOS it worked on. And it only MOSTLY worked as there are a few statically linked executables that do hostname lookups. Here's a copy of the Sun procedure that...
  3. Z

WinNT 3.1 - 4.0 software for ALPHA / MIPS / PPC architectures

Some Alpha NT applications: https://fsck.technology/software/DEC-Compaq/Windows%20NT%20AXP%20Applications/ Microsoft Visual C++ 4.0 MIPS: https://fsck.technology/software/Microsoft/Windows%20NT%20MIPS%20Applications/
  4. Z

Interest Check: Apple II / II+/ IIe Brain Board ][ Kits

Until your interest check, Alex, I hadn't known it was possible to make an Apple II basically act as an Apple I, to the point of having the same monitor and be able to load and run Apple 1 cassette programs such as Apple 1 BASIC. I've already expressed my interest in 2 kits of your enhanced...
  5. Z

Attaching DEC Handles, the Right Way

Try an eBay search for "824 rivet set". Right now there are 3 of the Indestro units (but one is listed as "industrial" instead of Indestro).in the search results along with a slightly different design from a different company 824 rivet set. By the way, an 1/8" tubular rivet is also known as a...
  6. Z

Attaching DEC Handles, the Right Way

There are people still using Indestro rivet setting tools for their original purpose, installing new brake linings. Small aircraft still use such brake linings and rivet setting tools are still needed there. Check out the Rapco RA825 rivet set tool. It looks very much like the Indestro #824...
  7. Z

Need advice on DEC RAINBOW adapter

Some one shared a copy of the schematic in their google drive. Q and A on schematic availability here, schematic itself at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XmRClTCoIedfXDcUbcaJi-A9QXr7SCEo/view . In case it goes missing from that google drive. I have attached a copy here.
  8. Z

trouble accessing KDJ11 ODT

Regarding your original problem with the SLU bulkhead panel display not showing anything, it may be that at some point the bulkhead cable was plugged in backwards. If that was ever done, a picofuse on the KDJ11-B may have blown, resulting in no power being able to get to the SLU bulkhead panel...
  9. Z

Booting Emulex UC07 as secondary MSCP on PDP-11/73

I'm tossing this in here in case it helps. The technical manual for the Emulex UC07 and UC08 calls out the 11/73B not being autobootable on an 11/73B CPU or when the UC07 or UC08 is set to an alternate bus address. Two versions of that manual can be found at...
  10. Z

Model 4 & M3SE question

I don't have anything to provide networking to my TRS-80 Model 4p, but I have seen references to TRS-Box which adds something else you can use a TRS-80 with M3SE for: Then there is TRS-Pix that is a Google Images browser for a Model III or 4 with an M3SE or a Model I with a MISE. And there is...
  11. Z

Surface mount soldering magnification with a used $50 document camera?

This is a great idea, Jeff. I'll be trying it out myself soon. I've just now ordered the same model you demonstrate in your video, also used like yours. I've had limited success using a cheap (but more costly than your used document camera) small camera and LCD unit, like this one: It's...
  12. Z

DEC documents on manx

I have a system with the following Plessey boards that I have been able to find little to no documentation for. If you have any manuals, schematics,etc for any of these, I'd love to get a scan. PM DLV11J -- 4 Serial Lines (I have a scan of 6 pages for this card) PM SV128 -- Memory, 128Kwords...
  13. Z

DEC Qbus servicing extender cards - where to get one

F.J. Kraan has a writeup on how he added an indexing piece to his Douglas QBus extender card: https://fjkraan.home.xs4all.nl/comp/minc/extenderCard.html
  14. Z

Cannot connect Linux to VAXstation 4000/90 (cougar) via RS-232

I just dug out the spool and took a picture: The lower two labels are ones I applied (yes, I act a little OCD pretty often). The top one is what came on the spool and reads "DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORP. H8240 QTY: 1 DATE 5191". That's the exact part number you were looking for. There was only one...
  15. Z

IBM 1800 computer document collection from 1974 / 1976

I have come across a document collection for an IBM 1800 computer (very closely related to the IBM 1130 model of computer). I’m not looking to sell it. I am looking to give it to someone who will preferably scan it and make it available to others, or at least place it in a collection where...
Back