• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Alegend

All of Asia Wanted: M7135 QBUS board (MicroVAX I CPU)

I prefer boards that are known working, I have two dead ones and don't need more. Untested will be considered also, bear in mind they are not very valuable to me at this point. Lots of QBUS boards for trade. Alon.
  2. Alegend

NS6316 - 16MB Memory board for the MicroVAX II

Hi All, I have two NS6316 boards, which are 16MB memory boards for the KA630. But I cannot make them work as 16MB. I could find no documentation, other than a reference here, which shows usage of a (now extinct?) National Semiconductor memory diagnostics software from 1986. There is an...
  3. Alegend

TK50 Tape drive - new leader tape

For owners of TK50 tape drives with ripped-up leader tapes. I have designed and manufactured a replacement for the TK50 leader. CAD files are on github: TK50 Leader Tape Testing on a broken TK50 drive, it works, and all the loading and stuck tape issues are no longer the fault of the leader...
  4. Alegend

VT320 Modern Replacement Power Supply

After failing to fully cure the wobbly display on one of my VT320s (Thread) I have decided enough time was wasted fiddling with the old, overcooked PCB. I have tried replacing the main DC/DC covnerter IC, as well as several capacitors, but the display still had a small, annoying, noticeable...
  5. Alegend

VT320 repair - wobbly display

Hi All, A question to CRT circuitry gurus or anyone who might have seen this in the past and somehow got it repaired. One of my VT320s developed a wobbly display, see video here: Wobbly VT320 The moment I switch it off, when no line AC voltage is present, the wobble disappears and the display...
  6. Alegend

Looking for extinct(?) VAX/VMS Mathematics/Statistics Software Packages

Hi All, I am looking for any mathematics or statistics programming/analysis packages that would were used on VAX/VMS or OpenVMS VAX. All I have found to date is a MATLAB version from 1982. I have searched near-abandoned FTP sites (now themselves on the verge of extinction), sent numerous...
  7. Alegend

FS: MISC DEC, PC/XT-compatible stuff, PDP11, ISA, ISA16, Power Supplies

Hi All, For sale - list & photos attached. All must go. I am located in Israel so please take into account when offering to buy, I will be happy to post any method you like,but courier is much preferred. Some of the stuff is guaranteed to work, some was working when removed, and some may or...
  8. Alegend

VT520 Plastics Crumbling to Pieces

I know there is not much that can be done, but perhaps this post could serve as a wake-up call for anyone in possession of a VT520 CRT terminal. My 1995 vintage VT520 was sitting on a shelf, when a couple of months ago it developed a nice, full crack on the bottom right corner of the front...
  9. Alegend

A Homebrew MicroVAX II

Hi All, For years I wanted to have a MicroVAX II that would be livingroom-friendly, i.e. quiet and nice to look at. After about a month of construction, two power supplies, three custom PCBs and six quiet fans, the homebrew MicroVAX II is ready. The machine currently runs its own HTTP server...
  10. Alegend

MicroVAX Patch Panel Replacement Project

Hi All, I have designed and built a replacement for the original MicroVAX II (KA630) CPU patch panel, also known as the "FUNCT SEL/SLU MODULE". The original DEC part numbers are 5416744-0-1, 5016743-01-01, and it can also replace 5417016-0-0 (KA650/KA655 SLU) and perhaps others as well. I have...
  11. Alegend

MicroVAX TOY battery backup replacement project

Hi All, This little project solved the annoying re-setting of the time and date and console language preference every time I powered up my MicroVAX II’s and III's. The old 180mAH NiCad battery pack is hard to come by, slow to charge, and memory effect, ugly leaks and old age made it useless on...
  12. Alegend

H7864 (BA23 Power Supply) Modern Replacement Now Available

Hi All After quite a few years in planning and one year in the making, a modern replacement for DEC's H7864-A and H7864-B power supplies for BA23 enclosures is now available. A replacement for DEC p/n 30-21749-01 (Astec AA12131), it is fondly named H7864-C. The power supply is based around...
Back