• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Correct RAM for a TL/2?

Hi, I’d like to max out the RAM in my TL/2 but want to make sure I’m getting the right stuff. I found this on Jameco: https://www.jameco.com/z/41464-10-Major-Brands-IC-41464-10-DRAM-256K-Bit-64Kx4-100ns-w-Page-Mode-HY53C464S-10-_41574.html The only thing I’m not sure about is “page mode”...
  2. J

Fitment of Blue Lava XT CF card…

I have this Blue Lava card, but I don’t see how to fit it into my computer. As you can see in the pic, the metal bracket goes at least 1/8” past the PCB, whereas they should be aligned. So there’s no way to get it properly seated in the computer. Is this what BL’s products are like? I bought...
  3. J

Help troubleshooting T1000 TL/2 hard drive…

I just took my TL/2 down off the shelf and hooked it up for the first time in maybe 18 months, and it’s acting like it doesn’t have a hard drive. Worked fine the last time I used it, obviously. But the last time I had it hooked up I had put a CF card in there and copied everything off the hard...
  4. J

Adding an XT CF card to a T1000 TL/2 while keeping the existing HDD?

This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to add an XT CF card to my Tandy 1000 TL/2 while keeping it's existing mechanical HDD as the boot drive? Basically I'd like to add the CF card as drive D, but I don't know if having 2 hard drive controllers in the system will create a...
  5. J

Running an XT-IDE in a TL/2 WITH the original hard drive?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I’ve tried searching and haven’t found anything. I have a T1000 TL/2 with a 20MB HD installed. Is it possible to keep that hard drive as my C: drive, and stick an XT-IDE CF card in one of the slots so that I can use the partitions on the CF as D:, E...
  6. J

Is the power supply fan in the 1000SX really needed?

I'm really enjoying my Tandy 1000SX, but the noise of the power supply fan is killing my mojo a little bit. There's nothing wrong with the fan, just's just cranked up much too high. Other models of the T1000 didn't even have fans (nor did many other computers in the 80s), and the air coming...
  7. J

Question about 360k disk usage...

Hopefully a quick question. I understand that formatting a double density 5.25 disk in a high density drive (as a 360k disk) will make the disk difficult for a DD drive to read/write to. And apparently that, once done, the only way to "fix" the disk is to demagnetize it and reformat it in a...
  8. J

WTB: Teac FD-55BR 360k DD for a Tandy 1000 SX

I just got a Tandy 1000 SX, but it is the model that came with just one floppy drive. Would like to find another Teac FD-55BR to put in as a drive B. Also looking for an 8-bit ISA serial card for the system, so that I can have some mouse action. Thanks!!
  9. J

WTB: Apple IIgs case or a dead IIgs

I have an Apple IIgs with no case (it was destroyed in shipping, but the mobo and power supply are fine). So I am either looking for a dead IIgs to swap these parts in to, or if someone happens to have a IIgs case then obviously that would work, too. Thanks!
  10. J

WTB: Amiga 500 or 1200 (In the US)

Looking for an Amiga 500 or 1200, with power supply and whatever system disks are needed for basic operation (copies are fine). A mouse and maybe even a joystick would be nice as well. Obviously needs to be fully working, and would prefer it to be in nice cosmetic condition. Really just want...
  11. J

How can I capture DOS PC video footage?

Hey guys, I am looking for a way to record/capture DOS PC video footage. Are there any ISA video cards that can output s-video? If not, are there any VGA capture devices that can capture the low resolution used by DOS programs back in the day? I want to capture actual footage from my...
  12. J

Anyone else here grow up playing Oregon Trail and WitW is Carmen Sandiego?

I hope this isn't being too spammy, but I just uploaded a new video to my YouTube channel. This time around I take a look back at Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. If you enjoy the video, please subscribe! http://youtu.be/qH2VwHqLFGQ
  13. J

Apple IIc Color Adjustment? Tint is way off...

Hey guys, I just got an Apple IIc, and the colors that it's outputting are way off. The tint on the TV has to be adjusted way off-center for it to look decent (same issue on multiple displays, so it isn't my monitor). I am just using the normal composite video out jack (no RF module or...
  14. J

WTB: Apple //c with power supply

Looking for an Apple //c (not //c+, please) in good working condition with power supply. No need for a monitor, or any software or accessories. Would prefer a unit that isn't super-yellowed, but ultimately will take what I can get. Located in Northern California in case anyone local is...
  15. J

CIB Sharp Zaurus

Anyone interested in a Sharp Zaurus? CIB and in awesome condition. Looking for $30 including shipping. Even has fresh batteries! Shipping alone is going to run me $12, and the batteries are brand new Duracells, so I am practically giving this thing away!
  16. J

Panasonic/Creative/Matsushita CR-563 or CR-563B drive...

Looking for at least one of these drives. Physical condition is unimportant, as I just need the guts. Not looking to pay much more than $5 plus actual shipping unless the drive is known to have very light use and therefore be in exceptional functional condition. Thanks! Chris
  17. J

WTB: Apple //c w/ power supply

Looking for an Apple //c with power supply. System must be in very good condition, with minimal yellowing (no yellowing would be best, of course). I don't need any peripherals, books, or software of any kind. Also, I am not interested in a //c+. Thanks! Chris
  18. J

FREE: Lots of Apple II software, books, etc.

** This is only being offered as a lot. No cherry-picking, please. ** This is part of a huge haul of stuff that I bought from a guy several years ago. Many of the disks are warped from being stored in an attic. I fixed many of them by removing the label with a hair dryer, carefully cutting...
  19. J

Few random things for sale.

Hi, I haven't been around in a while, but I have a few things that I am looking to sell. First up is an Intel-branded 386 desktop computer. I don't know much about it, but I've never seen an Intel-branded computer before. I am actually offering this up for free, but it's heavy so expect to...
  20. J

280 DS/DD 5.25" Floppies, all brand new in the box...

Hi, I have 28 sealed 10-packs of Memorex DS/DD 5.25" floppies. As you can see in the picture, they all fit nicely in a copier paper box, and I would love to sell it all to one person, if possible. I was thinking $50 plus shipping, which would be less than $2 per box. The box weighs about...
Back