• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Motorola MEK 6800 D1 Kit evaluation sbc

Here is the 6800D1 Assembly Manual with poster sized schematic MEK6800D1 (PDF/30MB). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bY0RZvjkJOjg8CHOpDx6nQ9kWrqR2zwb/view?usp=sharing
  2. S

Good memory! The D2 kit was indeed more hobbyist friendly including all the necessary logic as well as discrete parts. Documentation was also more complete with app note encouraging modifications and “hacking”. Many hours of learning and fun. Here’s a photo of an unbuilt kit.
  3. S

There was also a related (similar looking) board called the MES6800 Exorciser Evaluation Board which had mostly the same layout as the 6800D1/6800C PCB but included address/data bus buffers. The MES6800 is actually what is pictured in the thick M6800 Applications Manual and not the 6800D1 (no...
  4. S

The 6800D1 was one of the first Motorola dev kits I used. Followed by the 6800D2 then Exorciser Development systems. The D1 binder contained a card with the key Motorola chip set and bare PCB. Along with assembly instructions, mikbug listing, and schematic. Builders had to supply the other...
  5. S

MIKUL 6809-5 PLC / Furnace controller

MIKUL boards were developed for, and utilized in, a wide variety of industrial applications by TL Industries Inc., Northwood Ohio. I've scanned the TL Industries Inc. MIKUL manuals I have: MIKUL 6809-2 Monocard Microcomputer...
  6. S

Adding a serial LCD screen to the KIM-1

Depends on the video display controller used. My early swtpc video board (percom electric window) uses the CRT5027 controller, and my similar mid 70s Motorola Exorciser system video boards use the 6845 controller. Both video display controllers use memory mapped display memory and incorporate...
  7. S

AIM-65 User manual help.

Found this correction for the syn routines in a user note article from: http://retro.hansotten.nl/uploads/books/Best_of_Micro_The_Volume_2_1979_COMPUTERIST_The_US.pdf
  8. S

My collection of vintage computers

That’s a fun trainer. Brings back memories. Welcome to the forums. Any Motorola trainers in your collection?
  9. S

Looking for ALT2480, ALT512 manuals or a scan or just tech info on ports/operations

That rings a bell, several years ago I asked and paid that seller to scan his manuals for me, as the S-100 ALT-2480 circuitry is nearly identical (except for the bus interface) to the Motorola Exorciser versions of the 2480 I have - EXO-2480, and EXO-512. Here are the PDFs he sent me of the...
  10. S

My super minty Intext ICS/Elenco XK-300 M6800 trainer plus some extras

Thanks for additional title, I've collected a fair number of 6800/68XX books over the years (decades) and hadn't seen this one before utilizing the D5 for examples.
  11. S

My super minty Intext ICS/Elenco XK-300 M6800 trainer plus some extras

The book "Introduction to 6800/6802 Microprocessor Systems" by RJ Simpson and TJ Terrell pairs nicely with the 6802D5 trainer. Besides basic intro to concepts, it has nice worked examples and labs utilizing the D5 trainer. Shows up cheaply occasionally in used bookshops / ebay. Also available...
  12. S

Why did early home computers rely on terminals?

There were also early (spring 1976) machines that tried to be "hybrids" between hex display/keyboard systems like the MEK6800D2 and full up systems using a terminal or CRT for display. My second computer after a MEK6800D2 was the Digital Electronics Corp DE68. A 6800 computer that included a...
  13. S

My collection of vintage computers

Welcome! Fun assortment of Sun machines.
  14. S

Recommendations for bench power supply

For testing older boards with 5v regulators needing 8V, I’ve been pleased with my Rigol 831A triple supply. Chan 1: 0-8V@5A, Chan 2: (+) 0-30V@2A, Chan 3: (-) 0-30V@2A
  15. S

Motorola EXORciser boards & 6800 / 6809 Development Tools, Wintek, Votrax, etc.

Hi @Wulfman, Welcome to the forums. I’m the lucky Motorola enthusiast who acquired the exorciser, wintek, and related vintage equipment from Vincente awhile back. I still have the em189 and associated binder of manuals. The exorciser and wintek systems are a blast to use, I’m developing on...
  16. S

Documentation for Humbug monitor for 6809?

Archive.org has a copy of Peter Stark's original website which includes a copy of the 6809 version of Humbug source. original link: http://www.users.cloud9.net/~stark/HUMBUG09.TXT and http://www.cloud9.net/~stark/sources.html
  17. S

California Iomega Jaz/Zip/Ditto units/adapters: Free SF Bay Area pickup

Clearing storage space - Archiving completed. Lot of Iomega Jaz/Zip/Ditto and LS-120 units looking for new home: Variety of interfaces: SCSI, Parallel Port, IDE, and PCMCIA Free: Prefer local pickup of lot (in San Francisco Bay area) or else free for shipping One Iomega 1GB Jaz V1000S w/SW...
  18. S

Need a keyboard matrix for the original Apple II and II plus

Apple II circuit description by gayler has the datanetics (and newer two piece as well) keyboard schematics. See fig c-21 in the appendix. https://mirrors.apple2.org.za/Apple%20II%20Documentation%20Project/Books/W.%20Gayler%20-%20The%20Apple%20II%20Circuit%20Description.pdf
  19. S

SWTPC Co-Res and 8K BASIC v2.3 tape data available

Fantasic! Many thanks for those missing pages.
Back