• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Cloudschatze

Norton blocks forum.vcfed.org

My employer is the customer. With the malware designation coming from the OpenDNS side of things though, I'm not sure what the mechanism is to contest that. I'm assuming the request/communication would need to come from the website owner(s)?
  2. Cloudschatze

Norton blocks forum.vcfed.org

Not sure if it's related, but Cisco Umbrella is also (currently) blocking access to forum.vcfed.org, citing malware.opendns.com as its source.
  3. Cloudschatze

Tandy 1000 RLX and XT-IDE V3

The short answer is that yes, the RLX-B's ROM-based DeskMate version 03.04.03 is fully usable and functional even with the BIOS modification to support the XUB. And now for the longer answer... I'd never used DeskMate in ROM on any of my RLX systems, and had to look into this a bit. My...
  4. Cloudschatze

Tandy 1000RSX

What part number are you seeing? Those should be 256K x 16 chips. Have fun with the RSX. It's a great system.
  5. Cloudschatze

Super VGA with the Tandy 1000 RLX

For sake of posterity, and as an alternative (and arguably superior) solution to the TSR-based method, the additional video modes referenced in this thread are included as function of updated Tandy 1000 RLX system ROM images, per the following thread...
  6. Cloudschatze

Tandy 1000 RLX and RSX BIOS Modifications

Slight correction regarding the ROM speed requirement of the RLX-A and RLX-B: 27C400 EPROM or compatible, 200ns or better
  7. Cloudschatze

Ah, gotcha. I can see that there are definite differences between the original and updated fonts, especially concerning some of the character serifs.
  8. Cloudschatze

I'm admittedly indifferent/oblivious to some of the nuances, but the updated font does seem fairly similar to that of the IBM VGA font. Not-great photo of the RLX-A text output with the updated BIOS: I would be happy to program and send an RLX-A EPROM your way, if that's anything you'd be...
  9. Cloudschatze

Here are a couple of modifications that I've made to the Tandy 1000 RLX and RSX BIOS ROMs. The primary focus was to update the VGA BIOS, and thereby gain access to additional video modes and compatibility/functionality enhancements that had required the use of a software-loadable video BIOS...
  10. Cloudschatze

Tandy 1000 RLX and XT-IDE V3

Bump and solution/workaround for 2024! As a quick problem summarization, the XTIDE Universal BIOS fails to initialize in a Tandy 1000 RLX-B system unless an XTA drive (or comparably configured XTA2SD board) is also installed/present on the motherboard header. This problematic behavior does not...
  11. Cloudschatze

Contributing to the tvdog Tandy 1000 archive

Is Tandy Professional Deskmate still needed, at this point?
  12. Cloudschatze

Tandy 1000RL PSU problems

For the RL? Link, please?
  13. Cloudschatze

Tandy 1000RL PSU problems

Would a schematic and parts list of the 25W power-supply be helpful at all? I can produce those, if so.
  14. Cloudschatze

Tandy 2500XL 3 voice sound?

The approach I've taken with the 1000 RSX (and would recommend for the 2500XL), is the patching/replacement of "out, c0h" (E6 C0) instructions with "int, c0h" (CD C0), coupled with the use of "SNDTSR," Scali's TSR-based ISR.
  15. Cloudschatze

Loading dos high on a XT

Famous last words! Alas, here comes the giant caveat... Many things work properly with the additional memory reservation, including game titles from Broderbund and Sierra. Conversely, many things now "stall" when starting, with an empty screen and no graphics, including game titles from...
  16. Cloudschatze

Loading dos high on a XT

No, I'm firmly in the "loves to add VGA cards to Tandy 1000 systems" camp, and would absolutely have done so with this system if not for the physical constraints involved. :) Actually, this is exactly the sort of approach I was hoping for. That is, simply reserving the additional 16K, since I'm...
  17. Cloudschatze

Loading dos high on a XT

Yes, indeed; an HX even. :) I actually had the same thought regarding the 32K video modes after I'd posted, and, sure enough, you'd described the exact issue/scenario a couple of years ago: https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/freeing-up-memory-on-a-tandy-1000-sl.75119/post-911571 So...
  18. Cloudschatze

Loading dos high on a XT

I'm running into this same issue (also using PC DOS, and with DOS=UMB specified in CONFIG.SYS), and while MEM correctly reflects the state of the upper memory after an initial system boot, it shows no UMB space or usage if MEM is run following most programs. The problem is that it's not...
  19. Cloudschatze

Help with Tandy 1000 RL/HD

Good thought, but this system stores its BIOS settings in an EEPROM. Jeffrey Hayes details a process for resetting that chip about halfway down the following page: http://www.oldskool.org/guides/tvdog/RLRLX.html I have, uh, "tested" this process myself... ;) The playback rate is a function of...
  20. Cloudschatze

VoIP and Dialup modems

I had a reasonably decent VoIP+modem experience with NetTalk several years back, as further described in this thread. Key things to look for (that I presume are still applicable today): Concerning the ATA device and VoIP service: - Use of a G.711 CODEC - Packetization of 10ms - 20ms - Ability...
Back