• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Collection looking for a good home...

Wow.. lot of interest. To be clear, I am not going to pay out of pocket to ship my computers to you :) My Zip is 23464 and I would likely box up the systems at a Post Net or some service for shipping. I will start pulling some of this out and take a picture.
  2. A

Collection looking for a good home...

I am running out the door but I wanted to put it out there that I'm giving up my vintage computer collection to those who may be interested. I have an Apple IIe with monitor, Commodore Amiga 500 with monitor, C64 (x2) Vic-20, C16 (NIB), Collection of Timex Sinclair 1000 with accessories (that...
  3. A

Build your own Microcomputer in .pdf

Help! This happens when I'm in a rush. I bought all the components for Walter Fullers 8088 Single Board Computer project outlined in his book: Build Your Own Microcomputer (ISBN 0827370695). Taped it up in a box. Packed it in the duffle and promptly caught my next ship. I opened the box and...
  4. A

How your computer collection may save history

All, This link to a news story came from a friend of mine in the Middle East. Sort of illustrates why it's important to collect not just the hardware but the software as well. Ancient IBM drive rescues Apollo moon data Valuable mission data gathered by NASA's Apollo missions to the moon...
  5. A

Request- Talking Electronics TEC-1D Computer documentation

I have a blank motherboard and EPROM for a Talking Electronics, TEC-1D computer from Australia. UNfortunately I haven't been too successful in finding documentation. Does anyone out there have a copy of the construction details, BOM, code or anything pertaining to the TEC-1?
  6. A

Homebrew Analog Computer?

Does anyone know of anyone who has built or is building a analog computer?
  7. A

Norfolk/Virginia Beach, Looking to reduce inventory

Sucks getting old. More specifically, growing up. My FROG is two-blocked with so much stuff I don't know what to do with it anymore. Specifically software, but some hardware as well has to go to a good home. I could put it on eBay but to be honest, I really don't have the time and I would...
  8. A

Has anyone ever built a ZAP Computer ....

... From Steve Ciarcia's book, 'Build Your Own Z80 Computer' The book continues to be much sought after on Amazon and eBay, so I was wondering if anyone has built one.
  9. A

Altair 8800 Jackpot..ebay

Killing time in DC.. found this on eBay. Looks like a complete Altair 8800 kit with all the trimmings and a few boards rarely seen. http://cgi.ebay.com/MITS-ALTAIR-8800-COMPUTER-TREASURE-TROVE-ORIGINAL_W0QQitemZ140181846533QQihZ004QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  10. A

Is this a GE paper tape drive?

Found on eBay while looking for something else. I leave it for someone much brighter than I; http://cgi.ebay.com/GE-3N-REEL-TO-REEL-COMPUTER-TAPE-DATA-STORAGE-DRIVE_W0QQitemZ300169441202QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1247QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  11. A

Help! Mac OS X solution for CFFA1 & 2 ProDOS files

I've been banging away for more information but need help. I purchased both the CFFA 1 & 2 for use in my vintage computers. From what i can tell, I need the Windows based "Ciderpress" software in order to manipulate the file from my laptop to the CF card that goes into the drive. Is there a...
  12. A

What do we know about "functionally replica kits"?

...A title I apparently am coining to describe a niche in the vintage computer circles. After my visit to VCF East, I noticed a few I haven't seen before but I haven't been able to find much on a Google search. I like constructing the hardware, and for me, the computer's hardware emulation of...
Back