• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

PLCC eeprom data logger?

Hey guys, Quick question, I’m trying to modify the data on an eeprom to make it more useful for my application. Does anyone know of a way I can watch the data stream of the chip in real time? Would make it way easier to know what to modify. Thanks!
  2. T

Midwest For Sale Random items: IBM P70, duodisk, Toshiba t1910cs

Basement clean out. Unfortunately it’s time to say goodbye to some items… all are make offer and cross posted. IBM P70, works, needs good cleaning, boots to missing file errors. Early non-MFM hard drive is noisy but works. Make offer. Will reluctantly ship to conus. Apple duodisk. Good...
  3. T

Identify an EEPROM??

Is there a way to identify an eeprom that the manufacturer has etched the top blank? It is a 32 pin DIP. I have a TL866 Mini Pro. I just want to make a copy of it to use for diagnosis. Any ideas? Thanks!
  4. T

Midwest ISO: female connector pigtail 2.54 pitch 14 pin inline

As the title says. I don’t have a crimper or is make one myself. I see some on eBay for arduino and such but they are all out of the us and I really don’t have that kind of time to wait. Anyone have one?
  5. T

Arcade swap meet!!! Minneapolis MN this weekend!

I’d be willing to bet there’s plenty of vintage computers that are there cause the hobbies kind of intersect. My wife and I will be there to shop. I’ll be wearing a windows95 t-shirt and my wife will be wearing an apple II shirt.... cause opposites attract! In fact, if anyone has a clamshell...
  6. T

Surface mount soldering help..

Anyone comfortable replacing this chip? It’s arcade PCB test equipment that isn’t being made anymore.... this version anyway. My inferior diagnostic skills have me believing that this chip is the fault. Mouser sells them on the cheap. I’m just not experienced enough to trust myself to swap...
  7. T

Next vcfed event...

Can it please be near MPLS or St Paul MN? I see pics on here and YouTubes of guys going and am super jealous. Though I suppose I could have driven to Chicago from here. So that is my own fault for not planning ahead. There are lots of cool places in mpls to visit while your here... Starcade...
  8. T

Apple IIgs Dyna Comp LR 38879 power supply recap questions....

Popped a rifa last week. Ordered the "correct" cap kit from console5 for this supply including two rifa's I smoked. Yep I forgot to order the two smaller rifas (A) My bad. The forward cap in (C) is a 1uf 50v that came in the kit. I also need one for (B) same value. Kit only came with 1...
  9. T

Apple IIgs monitor

Anyone an expert? Why won’t it go back together all the way on the bottom. I don’t want to force it. I feel like I’m missing something. I took it apart for retro brite.
  10. T

Apple IIgs keyboard key removal. Help please!

Starting a deep clean and retro brite on my gs. I’m just doing the keyboard case and want to do the space bar in retro brite. The rest of the keys look ok. Does the space bar just pop off? I don’t want to put too much pressure on it. Thanks!
  11. T

Midwest IBM P70 possible trade or sale?

gauging interested in a possible P70 trade? It came to me from a local auction that included other vintage computers (the apple IIgs is what I was mainly after from the lot). See my post here: https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/ibm-p70-questions.1238404/ I've only ran it a few times...
  12. T

TSOP48 Package top clip.

Anyone know where I can buy one? I need to flash update some SMD chips that are already mounted on the PCB. Would rather not desolder them if possible. Thanks!!
  13. T

video to DVD

Anyone know of any good DVD burners that can convert say .avi or mp4 files and burn to DVD? I had a nice little freeware program on my old windows 7 laptop but upgraded and didn't save it. (my bad) Now for the life of me, I can't find it for download, and can't even remember the name. ugh...
  14. T

Midwest WTB: Apple IIgs monitor cable and keyboard ADB cable.

Need the one from the IIgs to the matching monitor as well as from the gs to the keyboard. Anyone have any for sale? I can paypal or snail mail a check with a prepaid UPS return label. Just cash the check, box up, and drop off at UPS store. Thanks!! ~Tim
  15. T

IIgs power supply

Computer runs. Though I haven’t tested it farther than “Check startup device!” Before turning it on for the first time in I assume years, I tested voltages from the psu. -4.96, -12.02, 10.96, 5.02 10.96 seems a little low, should it be recapped? Are there rifa caps in these psu’s? I...
  16. T

EPROM question.

Motorola MC68HC705C9ACP Discontinued. Is there any modern day alternatives? And can it be programmed or read by my tl866? Thanks!
  17. T

Another Project, help me diagnose.....

This is a telemeter from a vending machine. It is what communicated over cellular for credit card payment. This is now the third one I've had quit working the exact same way. Just dies. No indication, nothing. Blank screen as if it lost power. All 3 had the same failure. And as a matter...
  18. T

IBM p70 questions....

Scored this on a local auction last week. Don’t think anyone knew what it was..... Anyhow, First looks it is solid, just dirty and a little yellowed. Have there been any modern solutions for the screen button that breaks in the corner? The latch where you push and it’s supposed to hold. Mine...
  19. T

Apple IIgs proper period correct peripherals?

I bought a gs off local auction for 65.00. No monitor keyboard or mouse. Help me locate the appropriate peripherals. The gs was the computer I was fond of in gradeschool. We only had 4 out of 12 computers and everyone stormed to the gs’s so I hardly ever got to use one. Help me recreate my...
  20. T

upgrade IOS to unsigned version but not the latest....

my wifes iphone SE. Running IOS 13. Her apple watch (I gave her for Christmas) requires ios 14 or newer. She looked online and doesn't like 15. looks like 14 is not signed by apple anymore so itunes wont let you just advance to 14, but rather requires you to go straight to 15. Really...
Back