• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Definitive TRS-80 Model I Memory Map - Including 3rd Party Devices?

While working on a project that required using a few memory mapped locations on the TRS-80 Model I, I found myself pulling together information from a variety of sources to construct a memory map that included TRS-80 devices and third-party devices, so that I could make sure I chose addresses...
  2. K

Random Errors in BASIC when TRS-80 Voice Synthesizer is Attached to Model I

I have a TRS-80 Model I with Level II BASIC (1.0 ROM version), 16K RAM in the keyboard unit, an Expansion Interface (final design) with 32K RAM, a Lotharek HxC floppy emulator (emulating two floppy drives), known-good ribbon cables, and an original TRS-80 Voice Synthesizer (c 1980) attached to...
  3. K

TPDD2 and TPDD File System Specifications?

Does anyone have a detailed specification of the file system structure/organization on TPDD2 and TPDD floppy disks? I have found the serial protocols for communication with the drive (both file-based and sector-based), but haven't found a description of the actual on-disk data structures and...
  4. K

Best way to get driver for the TRS-80 26-1183 Digital Wand loaded onto Tandy 102?

I have a working Tandy Model 102 portable, and a TRS-80 Digital Wand 26-1183. The wand was purchased used without any software. The original came packaged with a driver cassette for the wand. What's the best/easiest way to get the driver and get it loaded onto the Tandy 102 machine? I have...
  5. K

Have a scan of the Percom Electric Crayon EGOS manual and/or EGOS assembly listing?

I no longer have my Percom Electric Crayon, but have some software I wrote in the early 1980s that made us of it. (The Electric Crayon attached to the printer port of the TRS-80 Model I, and generated composite color graphics on a separate monitor via EGOS commands.) The manual, as I recall...
  6. K

Any OSs compatible with the Tandy brand double-density board in the Model I?

I recently acquired a Tandy brand double-density board for the TRS-80 Model I Expansion Interface. I later read that the Model I double-density floppy operating systems are compatible with the more common Percom double-density board, but are not compatible with the Tandy brand double-density...
  7. K

Reasons why expansion interface might cause RAM errors in keyboard unit?

I have two Model I Expansion Interface boards. Both boards use the last expansion interface board design, and both are populated with 32K RAM. There are no other modifications/additions (e.g., no doubler, no data separator, no RS232, etc.). I'll refer to the two expansion interface boards as A...
  8. K

Is there a way to load Dancing Demon on a Model I under Disk BASIC 2.2 (TRSDOS 2.3)?

Hi, All. I have an original Dancing Demon cassette (the one published by Radio Shack). It is a Level II BASIC program, and states that it requires a 16K system. I can successfully CLOAD and RUN it on my Level II 16K system, and on the same system with a my 32K Expansion Interface attached...
  9. K

Looking for detailed info about the Amlyn 1865 5.25" 3.2MB floppy

I recently acquired an Amlyn Model 1865 5.25" half-height 3.2MB floppy drive, and was wondering if anyone here has a datasheet or any other detailed technical information about it. I found this drive mentioned in the August 1984 IEEE MICRO Product Summary, where the drive was described as...
  10. K

In search of Model I Expansion Interface port covers

I recently acquired a really nice looking Model I Expansion Interface, and am in the process of troubleshooting. I'm optimistic that I'll get it working, so I am interested in filling in the missing port covers, if I can. Because the unit is in such great shape, I'd like to get covers that...
  11. K

Appropriate DRAMs for the TRS-80 Model I Expansion Interface

I recently acquired an "as-is" TRS-80 Model I Expansion Interface (final board design) that arrived containing a total of 32K of DRAM, and everything looks really clean an in good shape (capacitors, etc.). The DRAM is a mixture of the following chips with a wide variety of date codes: NEC...
  12. K

What's the best approach to troubleshooting this Model I Level II cassette problem?

I acquired a very clean, working TRS-80 Model I Level II unit, and the only repair it needed was resoldering one of the keyboard switches. I have the cassette cable (which has been tested) hooked up to a CTR-117 cassette recorder. For many months, I was able to CSAVE programs to cassette, and...
Back